pinion's Docker Repo

Interesting. How are you using Krusader? Are you on Unraid?

I was just using the terminal emulator in Krusader to try to run a package installer, but am not having any luck.  Yes, I am on UnRAID 6.1.4

I don't use this, but is Krusader part of the pytivo docker, or is it a separate docker? If a separate docker it cannot access anything in the pytivo docker.

I was just using it for its terminal emulator because I was on a computer that did not have Putty on it...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. How are you using Krusader? Are you on Unraid?

I was just using the terminal emulator in Krusader to try to run a package installer, but am not having any luck.  Yes, I am on UnRAID 6.1.4

I don't use this, but is Krusader part of the pytivo docker, or is it a separate docker? If a separate docker it cannot access anything in the pytivo docker.

I was just using it for its terminal emulator because I was on a computer that did not have Putty on it...

But you don't need to do anything in a terminal emulator for the pytivo docker.

Uninstall the container via the Docker menu in unraid and make sure you delete everything. Delete the folder that you had it installed to in unraid as well. Then try to reinstall and reconfigure via the website at port 9032.

The log you posted showed that the Docker container was previously downloaded so it didn't redownload anything and that everything succeeded in the docker installation. So nothing there really to help troubleshoot.

OK - removed everything, re-installed, this time at least ffmpeg was installed (no tdcat, but that is not critical).  So I figured I was golden, but there are still no movies appearing.  I haven't heard for certain that a root video directory full of sub-directories of ISO files is OK with this - is it?  I even took an mp4 file and copied it to .mpg and .mpeg, put them in the root folder where my media (movies) are located, but my TiVO just keeps saying that there are no movies.  I created music and photo shares, and they also point to directories with a ton of sub-directories containing photos or MP3 files, but when I access Music on my TiVO I get "An unexpected error occurred while accessing the server.  (Error#3-5-6)".  When I access photos, I see it flash the boxes on the screen for a second where it would display the folder names, but then those go away and it says the same as with Music except the error is (Error#5-6).  From what I have read online, those errors are a bit of a mystery potentially created by the TiVO end of things screwing up.  (Which, if you have ever used their TiVO app on iOS or Android, you would no doubt believe since it couldn't keep a decent connection going to save its life even when you have good bandwidth...)

So not sure why the videos are not appearing when all else appears good - any ideas?  FYI... Log is clean, no errors.

Correct - sorry to have confused you by mentioning the whole thing.  I was using it to check for ffmpeg, see processes, try to install ffmpeg manually, etc. I was even tempted to install without the docker, but decided to hold off on that.  Disregard the whole Krusader/terminal part please!

Uninstall the container via the Docker menu in unraid and make sure you delete everything. Delete the folder that you had it installed to in unraid as well. Then try to reinstall and reconfigure via the website at port 9032.

The log you posted showed that the Docker container was previously downloaded so it didn't redownload anything and that everything succeeded in the docker installation. So nothing there really to help troubleshoot.

OK - removed everything, re-installed, this time at least ffmpeg was installed (no tdcat, but that is not critical).  So I figured I was golden, but there are still no movies appearing.  I haven't heard for certain that a root video directory full of sub-directories of ISO files is OK with this - is it?  I even took an mp4 file and copied it to .mpg and .mpeg, put them in the root folder where my media (movies) are located, but my TiVO just keeps saying that there are no movies.  I created music and photo shares, and they also point to directories with a ton of sub-directories containing photos or MP3 files, but when I access Music on my TiVO I get "An unexpected error occurred while accessing the server.  (Error#3-5-6)".  When I access photos, I see it flash the boxes on the screen for a second where it would display the folder names, but then those go away and it says the same as with Music except the error is (Error#5-6).  From what I have read online, those errors are a bit of a mystery potentially created by the TiVO end of things screwing up.  (Which, if you have ever used their TiVO app on iOS or Android, you would no doubt believe since it couldn't keep a decent connection going to save its life even when you have good bandwidth...)

So not sure why the videos are not appearing when all else appears good - any ideas?  FYI... Log is clean, no errors.

How do you know ffmpeg is installed but tdcat is not? ffmpeg, tdcat, and tivodecode are all installed. You might have to manually set the path for tdcat and tivodecode like I said earlier in the thread on in the readme. Try to do that and see if you can pull anything from your TiVo on the page for tower:9032

Correct - sorry to have confused you by mentioning the whole thing.  I was using it to check for ffmpeg, see processes, try to install ffmpeg manually, etc. I was even tempted to install without the docker, but decided to hold off on that.  Disregard the whole Krusader/terminal part please!

Ok, I'm just worried something else may have gotten messed up. When you say you got ffmpeg installed did you exec into the docker container or are you just within unraid? having ffmpeg installed in unraid won't do you any good for pytivo and running commands within the docker container isn't necessary.

Ok, I'm just worried something else may have gotten messed up. When you say you got ffmpeg installed did you exec into the docker container or are you just within unraid? having ffmpeg installed in unraid won't do you any good for pytivo and running commands within the docker container isn't necessary.

For example, using access to the command line, I am able to do ffmpeg --version to see if it is installed and working.  I will check tivodecode and tdcat to see if they were installed and perhaps I just need to set the path...

How do you know ffmpeg is installed but tdcat is not? ffmpeg, tdcat, and tivodecode are all installed. You might have to manually set the path for tdcat and tivodecode like I said earlier in the thread on in the readme. Try to do that and see if you can pull anything from your TiVo on the page for tower:9032

So using ffmpeg --version I see that it is installed, and using find I find it in /usr/local/sbin/ffmpeg and another directory where I tried to get it installed... The version is N-51867-g2dba040-static with a 2005 date, so it appears good/current.

When I search for or attempt to execute tdcat and tivodecode however, I do not find them in any system-wide location, only in a bunch of docker subvolumes.  Which path am I suppose to use in that case?  I'll attach a log showing you the results of find on tdcat.

Edit - attaching pyTivo.log as well.

tdcat.txt

tdcat.txt

pyTivo.log.txt

So using ffmpeg --version I see that it is installed, and using find I find it in /usr/local/sbin/ffmpeg and another directory where I tried to get it installed... The version is N-51867-g2dba040-static with a 2005 date, so it appears good/current.

When I search for or attempt to execute tdcat and tivodecode however, I do not find them in any system-wide location, only in a bunch of docker subvolumes.  Which path am I suppose to use in that case?  I'll attach a log showing you the results of find on tdcat.

tdcat won't be installed on unraid. It will only be installed in the container. You won't find what you're looking for doing what you're doing.

Please read this for your answers: https://github.com/noinip/docker-pytivo/blob/master/README.md

tdcat won't be installed on unraid. It will only be installed in the container. You won't find what you're looking for doing what you're doing.

Please read this for your answers: https://github.com/noinip/docker-pytivo/blob/master/README.md

OK, so the good news is, I am an idiot - I saw where you wrote that tdcat and tivodecode would be installed automatically, and the part where you wrote that they would be found automatically, but TOTALLY glossed over the "if it does not work, set the path to..."  - so my bad... however, after setting the paths to those as documented, saved the config, restarted the docker, it did not change the results at all.  When I access "Push from video shares:

MyMovies" on the web page at port 9032, I get:

No data received

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

ReloadHide details

Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.

Did the pyTivo.log provide any clues?

Did the pyTivo.log provide any clues?

Sorry to post again, but I was just looking at my conf file and noticed that there is no type for the MyMovies - shouldn't it have a type of video?

I am enclosing it, although I have changed personal information in it.  The TiVO MAK, user, and password are masked.

I'll have to check my config to find out and I wont have access for about 11 hours. I can tell you that I didn't edit my pytivo.conf manually so I don't think you need to. I'm looking at your logs and your config now though and it looks like you set your directories to what they are in unraid but not what they are in the docker. So when you setup the docker you told the container (for instance... you need to check your own settings...)... you told the container that /media in the container points to /mnt/user in unraid. So in the container if you want to point to /mnt/user/Video you need to tell the pytivo page that it is in /media/Videos. Because, in this example, /media = /mnt/user. Does that make sense? The log is throwing errors because the container can't find the directory you are looking for. So check your config on the docker and see where you should be setting your paths

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/user/Music'

I'll have to check my config to find out and I wont have access for about 11 hours. I can tell you that I didn't edit my pytivo.conf manually so I don't think you need to. I'm looking at your logs and your config now though and it looks like you set your directories to what they are in unraid but not what they are in the docker. So when you setup the docker you told the container (for instance... you need to check your own settings...)... you told the container that /media in the container points to /mnt/user in unraid. So in the container if you want to point to /mnt/user/Video you need to tell the pytivo page that it is in /media/Videos. Because, in this example, /media = /mnt/user. Does that make sense? The log is throwing errors because the container can't find the directory you are looking for. So check your config on the docker and see where you should be setting your paths

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/user/Music'

OMG pinion - you nailed it!  I am new to this whole docker thing, and I knew they were virtual environments, but it never dawned on me that the directory paths were mapping real to virtual...  Once I edited the docker to point /media to /mnt/user and then set video, photos, and music to /media/Video, /media/Photos, and/media/Music, it started working! 

The only issue (good and bad) is that it found TV Recordings I copied over from another media center (and it knew how to read them!) but it still is not doing the iso files, so I guess I have to bite the bullet and decode all of them into mpg files.

Thanks for the help!!

... but it never dawned on me that the directory paths were mapping real to virtual...

and until it does dawn on you, you don't know how to use dockers. This is what trips everyone up.

Absolutely. glad you got it sorted! I still have an issue where not all of my media will show up to push for some reason. No idea why. I think my permissions are correct. No one else has complained so I haven't cared to look into it since I also use Plex. And I think you can get Plex on Tivo now too although I don't go that route.

• 4 weeks later...

Methanoid I've seen you ask this question in a couple of threads and to be honest I wouldn't worry about it.  If you want or need to use a particular container then do so.  Of course it's nice to use containers from one author and save a bit of space but I don't think any of us worry about it in any depth.  I certainly wouldn't let it stop me from using something I thought might be useful.

I have containers from linuxserver.io, binhex, aptalca, to name but a few.

Ultimately the strategy would be to as far as possible use containers from the same author as far as possible.  But if you can't and want to use something with a different base image then you either do or don't.  Wouldn't be good form to start asking the container authors to change their base image, so I guess why bother thinking about it, as apart from the above strategy there's nothing you can do about it unless you want to build and maintain your own repository....

Q: Mylar docker.. no mapping for port number? An oversight? Does that mean I have to use 8090 default only?

I'm not sure how you mean. 8090 is exposed and you can set it to whatever you want on the host. If you're using the Community Apps Plugin you can change it at install time or edit it later and change the host port to anything you like.

For your other question, I created my repos before linuxserver even had their own baseimage. I guess I could look into it but I'm not all that worried about it so I doubt I will anytime soon. Mylar is working great for me and I hope you find it useful too.

Mylar does not seem capable of updating itself.

https://github.com/evilhero/mylar/commits/master shows that I am a few commits behind.

When I press "check for new version", the bottom right message says it was successful, yet the logs say "WARNING Could not get the latest commit from github"

Correct, it doesn't update itself. It is currently stable for me. Is there a bug fix or feature that's been introduced that you need? I'll test and accept any pull if someone wants to make it to where it can update itself either through mylar or when you restart the container but I don't really have the time to do it myself.

Perhaps I'm wrong. I saw that it said I was 6 commits behind so I hit update. It updated and then told me in my log that Mylar was up to date and I no longer see that I'm 6 commits behind. I do see where it gives you an error if you check for updates but I'm not sure why

Could not get the latest commit from github

. For all I know it could be an issue with Mylar but I concede it's probably something I did wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finding that over itme, the Mylar docker is filling up the Docker image as after about 3-4 weeks I get a "docker utilization is over 70%" and it increases 1-2% per day.  When I delete Mylar (and image) and reinstall it returns to normal.

If I leave Mylar docker off, this doesn't happen, so it's definitely that docker cause it.  Any suggestions?