pinion's Docker Repo

I'm finding that over itme, the Mylar docker is filling up the Docker image as after about 3-4 weeks I get a "docker utilization is over 70%" and it increases 1-2% per day.  When I delete Mylar (and image) and reinstall it returns to normal.

If I leave Mylar docker off, this doesn't happen, so it's definitely that docker cause it.  Any suggestions?

It's interesting you say that because I just experienced the same thing with Headphones. I wish I remembered if it was before the 6.1.7 update or not. Currently everything looks normal for me so I don't know. I'll continue to monitor it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, thanks for your great work with Mylar!

I'm having trouble with post-processing and moving the files. Mylar is successfully sending my requests to NZBGet, however once the files download I run into trouble. I've tried post-processing with both the ComicRN and NZBTOMYLAR scripts but get an error with both of them. The file is able to complete processing if I turn these scripts off, but then it remains in the downloads folder; Mylar does not transfer it to my comics folder (though it shows up as snatched in the Mylar UI).

Any ideas how I can remedy this? Thanks!

Hi, thanks for your great work with Mylar!

I'm having trouble with post-processing and moving the files. Mylar is successfully sending my requests to NZBGet, however once the files download I run into trouble. I've tried post-processing with both the ComicRN and NZBTOMYLAR scripts but get an error with both of them. The file is able to complete processing if I turn these scripts off, but then it remains in the downloads folder; Mylar does not transfer it to my comics folder (though it shows up as snatched in the Mylar UI).

Any ideas how I can remedy this? Thanks!

I apologize but right now my unraid rig is down. I'm suspecting bad ram after I finally ran a memtest this morning. I don't use those scripts... where did they come from? Otherwise you should be able to set the output directory in the Mylar configuration. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I'm finding that over itme, the Mylar docker is filling up the Docker image as after about 3-4 weeks I get a "docker utilization is over 70%" and it increases 1-2% per day.  When I delete Mylar (and image) and reinstall it returns to normal.

If I leave Mylar docker off, this doesn't happen, so it's definitely that docker cause it.  Any suggestions?

It's interesting you say that because I just experienced the same thing with Headphones. I wish I remembered if it was before the 6.1.7 update or not. Currently everything looks normal for me so I don't know. I'll continue to monitor it.

I think i've spotted the issue possibly. Nothing major, you have:

cache_dir = /opt/mylar/cache

So it's not being set to the /config folder and as the cache builds, the container fills. 

I think i've spotted the issue possibly. Nothing major, you have:

cache_dir = /opt/mylar/cache

So it's not being set to the /config folder and as the cache builds, the container fills.

Maybe it's the beer but I can't find what you're talking about. Where is cache_dir? Sorry :(

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps I'm wrong. I saw that it said I was 6 commits behind so I hit update. It updated and then told me in my log that Mylar was up to date and I no longer see that I'm 6 commits behind. I do see where it gives you an error if you check for updates but I'm not sure why

Could not get the latest commit from github

. For all I know it could be an issue with Mylar but I concede it's probably something I did wrong.

This isn't working for me. I hit the update button when it tells me I'm 34 commits behind, but then nothing happens after the restart and I'm still 34 commits behind (unfortunately I am having a problem with the program that these commits fix - which is the reason I switched to this docker running the development branch to begin with). Is there any way to update manually?

I recently noticed that the linuxserver.io team has a mylar docker. Probably infinitely better than mine. If you don't want to switch I could kick off another docker hub build which should pull the latest and then you can update through the unraid gui. When I find time though I'm switching to their build and ending support for this one that I threw together with very basic knowledge awhile ago :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I recently noticed that the linuxserver.io team has a mylar docker. Probably infinitely better than mine. If you don't want to switch I could kick off another docker hub build which should pull the latest and then you can update through the unraid gui. When I find time though I'm switching to their build and ending support for this one that I threw together with very basic knowledge awhile ago :)

Let me know if/when this happens so I can either moderate the app with a comment or blacklist it within CA

I actually was using theirs previously. The reason I switched to yours is because the linuxserver.io build doesn't support the development branch, which has the commit I need to fix my error....

Ok, I'll look tonight. Give me 4 hours or so

That's awesome, I really appreciate it!

I updated it about an hour ago. I still don't see that I need an update in the unraid GUI. But it built. I was also able to update mine within mylar itself. No idea why you couldn't. I just waited a couple minutes after hitting updated and it was all good.

I actually was using theirs previously. The reason I switched to yours is because the linuxserver.io build doesn't support the development branch, which has the commit I need to fix my error....

Did you get to check this out? I updated it. Upon first run I see I'm on version

964ebb82653fa2cab0de942499d99d7c6d7c21f5

it said I was four commits behind so I hit update. It gave me the screen that it was updating and to wait 60 seconds. Now it says I'm at

5183b87be281deba60e430da9ee3539eb310ec09

Let me know if the fix worked for you, and/or if you can update the code within the app itself from the mylar github.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get to check this out? I updated it. Upon first run I see I'm on version

it said I was four commits behind so I hit update. It gave me the screen that it was updating and to wait 60 seconds. Now it says I'm at

Let me know if the fix worked for you, and/or if you can update the code within the app itself from the mylar github.

Hey sorry, I've been away from my server. It seems to have updated... It says I'm at build 872edd43293aaf65ec98f50071cbbb6835956612 now, and hasn't told me I'm behind on commits. I'll report back if this changes.

Hey sorry, I've been away from my server. It seems to have updated... It says I'm at build 872edd43293aaf65ec98f50071cbbb6835956612 now, and hasn't told me I'm behind on commits. I'll report back if this changes.

Cool. I just checked and it told me I was 9 commits behind

and then it updated to

872edd43293aaf65ec98f50071cbbb6835956612

just like you're on. So I think it's safe to say you can update to Mylar development from within my container. Cheers!

OK, so I'm brand new to unRaid v6 and Docker, please forgive my ignorance.

Recently upgraded to Unraid 6.1.9 from version 5.

I don't understand how to install pyTivo through Docker.  I've pasted lots and lots of URLs into my template repositories window, but I'm never presented with pytivo when I click add container.  I've also tried tower:9032, no dice.

I'm quite confident that I am doing something basic incorrectly, but all of the instructions that I can find assume a basic knowledge that I don't have.

Many thanks to anyone for help

John

• 1 year later...

Hey Pinion,

Had to rebuild my docker containers several months ago (long story).  I re-added pyTiVo, but I cannot get it to work.  If I configure a path wrong such as putting a slash at the end where there should not be one, then I get an error in the log, but it is not too informative.  However, I have it all set up properly, I get no errors in the log, but when I tell it to download a program, it acts like it is doing it, but I never get anything.  I says it is queuing it for download, stays with that message in the green background for a while, then it just disappears but I have no media.  Any idea of a more detailed debug log I can turn on to get some deeper info on what is wrong?

Thanks

25 minutes ago, rtinker said:

Hey Pinion,

Had to rebuild my docker containers several months ago (long story).  I re-added pyTiVo, but I cannot get it to work.  If I configure a path wrong such as putting a slash at the end where there should not be one, then I get an error in the log, but it is not too informative.  However, I have it all set up properly, I get no errors in the log, but when I tell it to download a program, it acts like it is doing it, but I never get anything.  I says it is queuing it for download, stays with that message in the green background for a while, then it just disappears but I have no media.  Any idea of a more detailed debug log I can turn on to get some deeper info on what is wrong?

Thanks

Just recently I was looking to update this container. Let me finish that up and then we will see if you're still having issues. Maybe TiVo changed something since the last time I updated.

On 8/4/2017 at 2:59 PM, rtinker said:

Hey Pinion,

Thanks

Apologies for the delay. For the logs check in your config folder, there will be a pytivo.log file that will have much more information in it. As for the file transfer please uncheck "Transfer as mpeg-ts". That has never worked for me. I'm not sure why all 3 are now checked by default. I'll look into that harder. I've updated the it to a new base image and the newest build of lucasnz's pytivo. Like I said, just make sure you uncheck when going to transfer. Let me know if you have any other questions.

15 hours ago, pinion said:

As for the file transfer please uncheck "Transfer as mpeg-ts". That has never worked for me.

That was it!  I also did not notice it being checked, but it has been a while since I transferred anything... Unchecked it and sure enough it started working - thanks!

• 1 month later...

Pinion,

First, thanks for all that you do! I just got an old TiVo and installed your pyTiVo docker to play around with it. I think I have it configured properly (including filling in the tivo_mak & togo_path fields) and am able to see the share I made from my TiVo and can transfer media, but I am unable to see my TiVo from pyTiVo. In the log file, it looks like there's an issue with the TiVo scanning functionality (or I may have something configured incorrectly). Any ideas?

Here is the relevant section in the log file. The Traceback line through the TypeError line section is repeated 3 times.

INFO:pyTivo:Last modified: Wed Dec 24 01:27:36 2014
INFO:pyTivo:Python: 2.7.12
INFO:pyTivo:System: Linux-4.9.19-unRAID-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-16.04-xenial
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Scanning for TiVos...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/pytivo/lucasnz/zeroconf.py", line 773, in run
    self.readers[socket].handle_read()
  File "/opt/pytivo/lucasnz/zeroconf.py", line 827, in handle_read
    msg = DNSIncoming(data)
  File "/opt/pytivo/lucasnz/zeroconf.py", line 406, in __init__
    self.readQuestions()
  File "/opt/pytivo/lucasnz/zeroconf.py", line 423, in readQuestions
    name = self.readName()
  File "/opt/pytivo/lucasnz/zeroconf.py", line 518, in readName
    raise "Bad domain name at " + str(off)
TypeError: exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not str
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Announcing shares...

Here's my config file in case it's relevant:

[Server]
beacon = 192.168.11.108 listen
togo_path = /mnt/user/Downloads/Temp/TiVo
tivo_username = [email protected]
tivo_password = NOTrealPASSWORD
tivo_mak = ###NUMREPLACED###
temp_share = /mnt/user/Downloads/Temp/TiVo/remux
ffmpeg = /usr/bin/ffmpeg

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

[Tower]
path = /mnt/user
type = video

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

So, I'm very sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been putting it off because I wanted to start with a clean pull of my container and start from there. But, as I was doing that, I see in your config you've set the paths such as:

togo_path = /mnt/user/Downloads/Temp/TiVo

But, during the docker config, you should have set /media to something like that. For instance mine looks like this on my docker page in unraid: 

/media  /mnt/user/Media

In other words the container thinks the path on my box "/mnt/user/Media" is just "/media". So then for the togo path I set it to like "/media/tivotogo" and in unraid that will be physically located at "/mnt/user/Media/tivotogo". So check what you set /media to and if it was "/mnt/user/Downloads/" then in the pytivo docker set that field to "/media/Temp/TiVo". Let me know, I promise to answer faster this time.

• 8 months later...

Hey there.  first of all, thanks for putting the pyTivo image together. I have it installed on my Synology NAS and it's working great... with a couple of exceptions:

• I can pull from the NAS to the TiVo (a Bolte+ if that makes any difference), and the files transfer fine, but when I try to push from pyTivo to the Tivo, I get an error:
    ERROR:pyTivo.video.video:<error><code>internalError</code><debug>java.lang.InternalError: Deprecated Operation: bodyOfferModify
            at com.tivo.trio.mind.cds.BodyOfferModify.doItWithInitializedDb(BodyOfferModify.java:41)
            at com.tivo.trio.mind.core.ReadWriteOperation$1.call(ReadWriteOperation.java:65)
            at com.tivo.trio.mind.core.Job$Action.internalRun(Job.java:314)
            at com.tivo.trio.mind.core.Job.retry(Job.java:94)
            at com.tivo.trio.mind.core.ReadWriteOperation.doIt(ReadWriteOperation.java:74)
            at com.tivo.trio.mind.core.MindSession.internalDoIt(MindSession.java:540)
            at com.tivo.trio.mind.core.MindSession.doItWithMindRequest(MindSession.java:426)
            at com.tivo.trio.mind.toplevel.Mind.doItWithMindRequest(Mind.java:253)
            at com.tivo.trio.tomcatmind.TomcatMind.callMind(TomcatMind.java:1210)
            at com.tivo.trio.tomcatmind.TomcatMind.checkAndDoRequest(TomcatMind.java:1180)
            at com.tivo.trio.tomcatmind.TomcatMind.doIt2(TomcatMind.java:894)
            at com.tivo.trio.tomcatmind.TomcatMind.doIt(TomcatMind.java:740)
            at com.tivo.trio.tomcatmind.TomcatMind.doPost(TomcatMind.java:711)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
            at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
            at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
            at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
            at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:200)
            at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
            at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    </debug><text>Deprecated Operation: bodyOfferModify</text></error>

This error appears to be a result of specifying incorrect TiVo account and password details in the General Settings, but I have checked and double-checked that the information is correct.  Perhaps this is a bug that has been addressed in a later version of PyTivo, and your image just needs a refresh?

• The pyTivo process runs under UID 99 / GID 100.  On a Synology, this means that I have to grant group Users (basically everybody) read/write access to my Media share in order for PyTivo to work.  Would it be possible (pleeease?) to externalize the GID/UID as Environment Variables so that the user could override them if necessary to better suit the hosting environment?

20 minutes ago, jetkins said:
  • I can pull from the NAS to the TiVo (a Bolte+ if that makes any difference), and the files transfer fine, but when I try to push from pyTivo to the Tivo, I get an error:

Well it appears this may not be an issue with your image - I'm now having the same problem with another pyTivo installation as well.  I'll update here if/when I find a solution.

Edited by jetkins