pinion's Docker Repo

I think I'm running into this issue now as well, the mylar forums seemed to tell you to fix the return host in the config.ini, if I don't do that everything works but sab can't retrieve the nzb, if I set hte return host I start getting errors when I try to have it send it over.

I can provide some logs of errors and what change I made before each in the config.ini if you'd like.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm running into this issue now as well, the mylar forums seemed to tell you to fix the return host in the config.ini, if I don't do that everything works but sab can't retrieve the nzb, if I set hte return host I start getting errors when I try to have it send it over.

I can provide some logs of errors and what change I made before each in the config.ini if you'd like.

Interestingly, you sent me down a path with your post so i tried the return_host setting in the ini, but now stab just reports empty nabs all the time which is strange...

pinion has contacted me and said he will be testing ASAP

Interestingly, you sent me down a path with your post so i tried the return_host setting in the ini, but now stab just reports empty nabs all the time which is strange...

pinion has contacted me and said he will be testing ASAP

This happened to me the one time I was able to get it to actually get an NZB, it was emtpy, I tried a lot of cominations of settings and couldn't nail it down, if you guys need any logs from my machine or anything you can email me, I have an email that is <my forum name> @ <my forum name>.com

Oh yeah my temporary (not a real) solution is to just blackhole the NZB's to sab'd watched directory, I'm still setting everything up so post processing is not done at this time so it's not a super big deal for me yet  8)

great thinking... didn't know about blackhole but that has got me running thanks!

• 1 month later...

Pinion I didn't see it in the notes or anywhere but do you have comictagger built into the docker or any tips on how to get it setup in the docker. I've been running it on my windows machine but currently my network is not wired due to the house we rent, I'm using a few AC bridges to keep things all connected but it does have an impact on performance compared to running ethernet, basically I can do it the way I am now but it's slow and well, a manual process.  Comictagger really is slick and the integration to mylar is one of its' strongest aspects I think.

Pinion I didn't see it in the notes or anywhere but do you have comictagger built into the docker or any tips on how to get it setup in the docker. I've been running it on my windows machine but currently my network is not wired due to the house we rent, I'm using a few AC bridges to keep things all connected but it does have an impact on performance compared to running ethernet, basically I can do it the way I am now but it's slow and well, a manual process.  Comictagger really is slick and the integration to mylar is one of its' strongest aspects I think.

That's a great question. I had assumed it was built in. I already gave it my comic vine api as it's basically useless without it. I enabled metadata tagging but I'm not sure how to know if it's working or not. When I go to the page listing what I have there is a button to tag it. Pressing it says successfully tagged.

That said I'm going to install comictagger on my mac and play with it a bit. Not sure if it makes sense to have it installed in this docker or if I should create a new one. But I'm going to do some research on it. Sounds like if it was included you would know :)

That's a great question. I had assumed it was built in. I already gave it my comic vine api as it's basically useless without it. I enabled metadata tagging but I'm not sure how to know if it's working or not. When I go to the page listing what I have there is a button to tag it. Pressing it says successfully tagged.

That said I'm going to install comictagger on my mac and play with it a bit. Not sure if it makes sense to have it installed in this docker or if I should create a new one. But I'm going to do some research on it. Sounds like if it was included you would know :)

well ComicTagger has 2 ways it can run, GUI and command line, since Mylar uses comicvine to identify the books when you use comic tagger to give them their metadata it isn't doing the normal searches you'd be doing in the gui it's taking the issue ID and grabbing that data and tagging it. It helps keep comic rack and others really nicely organized.  To get mylar to tag them though it needs the command line comicTagger installed, I've considered just loading into the docker and installing it if it will let me and testing it out, worst case I just wipe it and reload the docker.  Someone does already have a docker for the GUI version runs in a browser window, does a fantastic job, command line version just helps with that automation that we all love.

• 2 weeks later...

Having an issue with Mylar after it searches an indexer and finds an NZB file to snatch it will throw this error

2015-09-10 10:12:57	ERROR	Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/mylar/mylar/logger.py", line 159, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 763, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/opt/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 1488, in searchforissue
foundNZB, prov = search_init(comic['ComicName'], result['Issue_Number'], str(ComicYear), comic['ComicYear'], Publisher, IssueDate, StoreDate, result['IssueID'], AlternateSearch, UseFuzzy, ComicVersion, SARC=None, IssueArcID=None, mode=mode, rsscheck=rsscheck, ComicID=result['ComicID'], filesafe=comic['ComicName_Filesafe'])
File "/opt/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 220, in search_init
findit = NZB_SEARCH(ComicName, IssueNumber, ComicYear, SeriesYear, Publisher, IssueDate, StoreDate, searchprov, prov_count, IssDateFix, IssueID, UseFuzzy, newznab_host, ComicVersion=ComicVersion, SARC=SARC, IssueArcID=IssueArcID, RSS="yes", ComicID=ComicID, issuetitle=issuetitle, unaltered_ComicName=unaltered_ComicName)
File "/opt/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 1365, in NZB_SEARCH
searchresult = searcher(nzbprov, nzbname, comicinfo, entry['link'], IssueID, ComicID, tmpprov, newznab=newznab_host)
File "/opt/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 1855, in searcher
with open(nzbpath, 'wb') as f:
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'/opt/mylar/cache/E.Is.For.Extinction.001.2015.3.covers.digital.Minutemen-Thoth.nzb'
2015-09-10 10:12:57	ERROR	Could not change permissions : /opt/mylar/cache/. Exiting...

and nothing ever makes it to my Sab setup. I am sure I have set something up wrong in the docker but I have no idea where. Any ideas?

Having an issue with Mylar after it searches an indexer and finds an NZB file to snatch it will throw this error

2015-09-10 10:12:57	ERROR	Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/mylar/mylar/logger.py", line 159, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 763, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/opt/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 1488, in searchforissue
foundNZB, prov = search_init(comic['ComicName'], result['Issue_Number'], str(ComicYear), comic['ComicYear'], Publisher, IssueDate, StoreDate, result['IssueID'], AlternateSearch, UseFuzzy, ComicVersion, SARC=None, IssueArcID=None, mode=mode, rsscheck=rsscheck, ComicID=result['ComicID'], filesafe=comic['ComicName_Filesafe'])
File "/opt/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 220, in search_init
findit = NZB_SEARCH(ComicName, IssueNumber, ComicYear, SeriesYear, Publisher, IssueDate, StoreDate, searchprov, prov_count, IssDateFix, IssueID, UseFuzzy, newznab_host, ComicVersion=ComicVersion, SARC=SARC, IssueArcID=IssueArcID, RSS="yes", ComicID=ComicID, issuetitle=issuetitle, unaltered_ComicName=unaltered_ComicName)
File "/opt/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 1365, in NZB_SEARCH
searchresult = searcher(nzbprov, nzbname, comicinfo, entry['link'], IssueID, ComicID, tmpprov, newznab=newznab_host)
File "/opt/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 1855, in searcher
with open(nzbpath, 'wb') as f:
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'/opt/mylar/cache/E.Is.For.Extinction.001.2015.3.covers.digital.Minutemen-Thoth.nzb'
2015-09-10 10:12:57	ERROR	Could not change permissions : /opt/mylar/cache/. Exiting...

and nothing ever makes it to my Sab setup. I am sure I have set something up wrong in the docker but I have no idea where. Any ideas?

I've updated the ownership permissions. Hopefully that fixes your issue. Without breaking anything else :)

I'm not sure why you'd have a problem. I don't use nzbs but I assume that the cache directory is used for all sorts of things. Someone else was having problems with nzbs earlier in this thread. You should see that it's updated sometime soon.

• 1 month later...

Hey, just a few things I noticed with Mylar:

1. Python 2.7.6 breaks pushbullet notifications (possibly other notifiers also). Is it possible to update it to 2.7.8 or 2.7.9?

2. RSS doesn't work on this unless a few missing files are added to the config folder from GIT. These are exceptions.csv, custom_exceptions_sample.csv, and substitutes_sample.csv

That's about it. Once I added those 3 files, all my errors in the log disappeared for RSS and missing providers.

Hey, just a few things I noticed with Mylar:

1. Python 2.7.6 breaks pushbullet notifications (possibly other notifiers also). Is it possible to update it to 2.7.8 or 2.7.9?

2. RSS doesn't work on this unless a few missing files are added to the config folder from GIT. These are exceptions.csv, custom_exceptions_sample.csv, and substitutes_sample.csv

That's about it. Once I added those 3 files, all my errors in the log disappeared for RSS and missing providers.

I just pushed an update. Hopefully this fixes things. Give it a bit to build on dockerhub. Thanks for the heads up!

• 1 month later...

hello i am new to unraid it is working great but i am trying to get mylar to work it is not seeing my comics that i already have and when i try to do a search for a comic it does the search and finds the comics but when i try to add it just search for the info but never adds the comic.can any one help with this.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am all over the pyTivo docker, it is absolutely what I want/need, but not having spent enough time in the Linux world, I am having a hard time getting tdcat and tivodecode installed on my unraid box.  There is no rpm installer, and all I can find are source files (no binaries) but perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.  Is there someplace/way that I can get those two pieces so I can get pyTivo up and running?  I found ffmpeg so that should be good.  I am not sure if I have to convert my .iso movies to mpeg or if this plug-in can do it on the fly with ffmpeg, but I will do the conversion if necessary; just can't seem to figure out how to get the last two pieces installed and my head is sore from banging it against the wall... any help is greatly appreciated.

Tink

Hello,

I am all over the pyTivo docker, it is absolutely what I want/need, but not having spent enough time in the Linux world, I am having a hard time getting tdcat and tivodecode installed on my unraid box.  There is no rpm installer, and all I can find are source files (no binaries) but perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.  Is there someplace/way that I can get those two pieces so I can get pyTivo up and running?  I found ffmpeg so that should be good.  I am not sure if I have to convert my .iso movies to mpeg or if this plug-in can do it on the fly with ffmpeg, but I will do the conversion if necessary; just can't seem to figure out how to get the last two pieces installed and my head is sore from banging it against the wall... any help is greatly appreciated.

Tink

ffmpeg, tdcat, and tivodecode are all included inside the docker, you do not need to install any of that in unraid. That's part of the beauty of Docker. You should just need to install the Docker and the configure everything on the website like you want it. It should do the conversions on the fly. All the dependencies I install in /usr/local/bin/ within the Docker which is in the path so pyTivo shouldn't have any problem finding them.

Also check the readme, it might have the info you need to get it setup: https://github.com/noinip/docker-pytivo/blob/master/README.md

ffmpeg, tdcat, and tivodecode are all included inside the docker, you do not need to install any of that in unraid. That's part of the beauty of Docker. You should just need to install the Docker and the configure everything on the website like you want it. It should do the conversions on the fly. All the dependencies I install in /usr/local/bin/ within the Docker which is in the path so pyTivo shouldn't have any problem finding them.

Also check the readme, it might have the info you need to get it setup: https://github.com/noinip/docker-pytivo/blob/master/README.md

Thanks pinion!  Let me give you an idea of where I am at then...

Using Krusader, I cannot see the files so I was not sure if they were installed with the docker.  Krusader defaults to user Nobody and I can't sudo su because of that and I haven't figured out how to fix that one... So I trust they are there...

When I browse using WebUI it shows no files, and the directory I provided for it as a subdirectory for every ISO file.  In case it was an issue with the ISO files, I put an mpg file in the root of the directory, but it still does not see anything.  I have the MAK set too.  Here is what the log shows - anything striking a chord with you here?

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...

No SSH host key available. Generating one...

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/pytivo.sh...

*** An error occurred. Aborting.

*** Shutting down /etc/my_init.d/pytivo.sh (PID 91)...

*** Init system aborted.

*** Killing all processes...

Thanks pinion!  Let me give you an idea of where I am at then...

Using Krusader, I cannot see the files so I was not sure if they were installed with the docker.  Krusader defaults to user Nobody and I can't sudo su because of that and I haven't figured out how to fix that one... So I trust they are there...

When I browse using WebUI it shows no files, and the directory I provided for it as a subdirectory for every ISO file.  In case it was an issue with the ISO files, I put an mpg file in the root of the directory, but it still does not see anything.  I have the MAK set too.  Here is what the log shows - anything striking a chord with you here?

No SSH host key available. Generating one...

*** An error occurred. Aborting.

*** Shutting down /etc/my_init.d/pytivo.sh (PID 91)...

*** Init system aborted.

*** Killing all processes...

Interesting. How are you using Krusader? Are you on Unraid? If you go to the Docker page you'll see where the directories are that you setup. Mine are:

/config  /mnt/cache/apps/appdata/pytivo
/media  /mnt/user/Media

So I need to setup /media as my folder which points to all my media. And in my case I setup the MyMovies in pytivo to point to /media/Movies.

As to why it is showing an error occurred I'm not sure. But it looks like it rebooted and is now running. How did you install this? I know my readme has instructions on how to install via command line but using the community application plugin is probably your best bet but wasn't available when I first put this together. I just reinstalled everything from scratch that way and I'm not having any issues.

What I'd really like to see is a docker for kmttg!!! http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmttg/

No, I like what you have done very much!  Once a TiVO show is decoded, you can use anything to view/stream it like kmttg, but with your solution here, it is the best because I have a TiVO and 2 minis, and I have them on a video distribution system so we can watch any one of them on any TV in the house, so now being able to watch all of my movies through the TiVO interface is perfect... I just need to get it working!  :(

Interesting. How are you using Krusader? Are you on Unraid?

I was just using the terminal emulator in Krusader to try to run a package installer, but am not having any luck.  Yes, I am on UnRAID 6.1.4

If you go to the Docker page you'll see where the directories are that you setup. Mine are:

/media  /mnt/user/Media

So I need to setup /media as my folder which points to all my media. And in my case I setup the MyMovies in pytivo to point to /media/Movies.

Yes, my /config is pointed to /mnt/user/Apps/pyTiVO/

my /media is pointed to /mnt/user/Video/  which is where all of the video mpgs and movie iso images are located, in subdirectories.

As to why it is showing an error occurred I'm not sure. But it looks like it rebooted and is now running. How did you install this? I know my readme has instructions on how to install via command line but using the community application plugin is probably your best bet but wasn't available when I first put this together. I just reinstalled everything from scratch that way and I'm not having any issues.

I used the community docker application plugin, so perhaps there is an issue there?  I did an edit on the docker so it would generate output of the setup - it is attached to this if it helps.

pyTiVO.txt

I was just using the terminal emulator in Krusader to try to run a package installer, but am not having any luck.  Yes, I am on UnRAID 6.1.4

If you go to the Docker page you'll see where the directories are that you setup. Mine are:

/media  /mnt/user/Media

Yes, my /config is pointed to /mnt/user/Apps/pyTiVO/

my /media is pointed to /mnt/user/Video/  which is where all of the video mpgs and movie iso images are located, in subdirectories.

I used the community docker application plugin, so perhaps there is an issue there?  I did an edit on the docker so it would generate output of the setup - it is attached to this if it helps.

I'm not sure what you are doing in the terminal emulator in krusader but you do not need to install anything or manually mess with anything like that. Uninstall the container via the Docker menu in unraid and make sure you delete everything. Delete the folder that you had it installed to in unraid as well. Then try to reinstall and reconfigure via the website at port 9032.

The log you posted showed that the Docker container was previously downloaded so it didn't redownload anything and that everything succeeded in the docker installation. So nothing there really to help troubleshoot.

I don't use this, but is Krusader part of the pytivo docker, or is it a separate docker? If a separate docker it cannot access anything in the pytivo docker.