[SOLVED] Bridge Connection from Win7 Guest to MariaDB Docker Failing.

Looking for any ideas here.

Got a Win7 Guest setup originally using br0 setup in Unraid GUI.  Connected to my mariadb docker no problems using

IP: 192.168.1.1

Username: test

Password: test

Since setup my own bridges (with a lot of help!)

In0

Out0

Reinstalled my Win7 guest using the In0 bridge and tried to connect it to my MariaDB that is running on docker, now here's the bit I can't get my head around.

My VM successfully gets an IP address from DHCP, I can browse the internet, I can ping 192.168.1.1 no problems, but cannot connect to the Mariadb. 

I've tried to connect using my ArgusTV setup which was working fine using br0 and also using HeidiSQL, neither can connect.  HeidiSQL just hangs, and ArgusTV gives me an error

Connection failed!

Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

I've tried both the virtio drivers and the e1000 setup and both exhibit the exact same behaviour as above.

I'm assuming the problem is something to do with the implementation of the bridge but no idea where to start as I can browse the internet and ping with no problem.

I've tried the exact same process on my wife's laptop and can connect no problems using both ArgusTV & HeidiSQL.

Anyone got any ideas of anything else I can try?

Thanks sparklyballs,

I'll check the cnf file and try your other suggestion.  Gone back to a working config for now as wife needs TV.  On nights next week so I'll have a bit of time in the days when I get home to try everything.

It is a weird one though.

one other thing, what network type is the mariadb docker using, host or bridge ?

whichever it's using currently, try the other.

Changing the mariadb docker from bridge to host did the trick sparklyballs, thanks for the suggestion.

Now I'd love to know why, anyone got any ideas?