[unRAID 6 beta14+] Unassigned Devices [former Auto Mount USB]

3) When I use Sparkly's Krusader docker, it isn't able to see any content in the /mnt/disks/[xxx] folders.  Is there any way to give that docker access to these mount points?

Interesting. I have /mnt in my Volume mappings for Krusader, so I thought it would be there. The mount in question I have named offsite. and I can see its contents fine from the network.

In Krusader under disks I see offsite but there is nothing in it. Also under disks I can see the SMB mount to my Windows machine that I created with this plugin, and I can browse its contents.

Hi gfjardim,

This Unassigned Devices plugin is amazing!  I do have a couple of questions / requests:

1) Would it be possible to add spin up/spin down icons next to the hard drives in the list of unassigned devices?

2) Have you considered merging your preclear plugin into this plugin?  It would be more natural to kick off a preclear from the Unassigned Devices tab than from Settings -> Preclear.

3) When I use Sparkly's Krusader docker, it isn't able to see any content in the /mnt/disks/[xxx] folders.  Is there any way to give that docker access to these mount points?

4) I noticed the /var/log/unassigned.devices.log file includes smb passwords.  Can that be sanitized?

5) My /flash/config/plugins/unassigned.devices directory includes both of these:

* ntfs-3g-2014.2.15-x86_64-1.txz - dated 4/28/15

* ntfs-3g-2015.3.14-x86_64-1.txz - dated 4/18/15

Is that going to cause a conflict?  Should I delete one?

Thanks!

1) The spin down feature is incomplete right now, and all drives will spin down after 15 minutes of inactivity. When complete, it will use the system's default spin down interval.

2) No. Preclear requires a separate feature set, and join them will result in a massive increase of complexity. I can add a link in front of the disk serial, if this make things easier...

3) I too saw some weirdness using some Desktop-like containers; I'll take a look soon.

4) I'll do that, thanks for pointing out.

5) Only one get installed - the most recent one.

Hi,

just upgraded plugin to latest version, smb mounts look promising :)

but how about NFS? :)

for me NFS between unRAID and Ubuntu workstation works approx twice as fast as SMB mounts..

if we use this to share files between two unRAID servers, then NFS works much faster i think..

Hi,

just upgraded plugin to latest version, smb mounts look promising :)

but how about NFS? :)

for me NFS between unRAID and Ubuntu workstation works approx twice as fast as SMB mounts..

if we use this to share files between two unRAID servers, then NFS works much faster i think..

Not in my todo list, I'm afraid...

Hi gfjardim,

This Unassigned Devices plugin is amazing!  I do have a couple of questions / requests:

1) Would it be possible to add spin up/spin down icons next to the hard drives in the list of unassigned devices?

2) Have you considered merging your preclear plugin into this plugin?  It would be more natural to kick off a preclear from the Unassigned Devices tab than from Settings -> Preclear.

4) I noticed the /var/log/unassigned.devices.log file includes smb passwords.  Can that be sanitized?

5) My /flash/config/plugins/unassigned.devices directory includes both of these:

* ntfs-3g-2014.2.15-x86_64-1.txz - dated 4/28/15

* ntfs-3g-2015.3.14-x86_64-1.txz - dated 4/18/15

Is that going to cause a conflict?  Should I delete one?

Thanks!

1) The spin down feature is incomplete right now, and all drives will spin down after 15 minutes of inactivity. When complete, it will use the system's default spin down interval.

2) No. Preclear requires a separate feature set, and join them will result in a massive increase of complexity. I can add a link in front of the disk serial, if this make things easier...

4) I'll do that, thanks for pointing out.

5) Only one get installed - the most recent one.

3) Apparently, this is a known Docker issue: https://github.com/docker/libcontainer/pull/632

For now, if you need to access  /mnt/disks/[xxx] folders, you need to restart docker service first.

1) That sounds great, thanks!

2) Ah, didn't realize that.  You did a great job hiding the complexity :) I think a link to the preclear plugin would be helpful if you can find room for it.

3) Cool to see that the pull request has been accepted, so perhaps an upcoming version of Docker will be able to handle this.  Until then mc should work :)

4) thanks!

5) ok, I'll delete the one from 2014.

2) Ah, didn't realize that.  You did a great job hiding the complexity :) I think a link to the preclear plugin would be helpful if you can find room for it.

Look at this:

ok2GN2L.png

Would this work for you?

Looks great!  Especially if it only displays for hard drives (non-mounted) and not for USB card readers and such.  Thanks!

Just happened to check for updates and saw one for this even though you hadn't announced it yet. I can confirm that the 2.2TB issue is resolved.

I do have another issue that I have been trying to work through and it is still happening on this latest version. The script I have assigned to one of my disks executes when I mount the drive as it should, but it also executes when I tell it to unmount the drive, and then the drive doesn't unmount until the script finishes.

Just happened to check for updates and saw one for this even though you hadn't announced it yet. I can confirm that the 2.2TB issue is resolved.

I do have another issue that I have been trying to work through and it is still happening on this latest version. The script I have assigned to one of my disks executes when I mount the drive as it should, but it also executes when I tell it to unmount the drive, and then the drive doesn't unmount until the script finishes.

When unmounting, the script run in the foreground even if the "background option" is checked. Doesn't make sense trying to unmount a drive while  a script is running, does it?

Looks great!  Especially if it only displays for hard drives (non-mounted) and not for USB card readers and such.  Thanks!

This could be challenging, since someone may wish to preclear a drive using an USB external enclosure.

Good point!  That use case should trump mine :)

When unmounting, the script run in the foreground even if the "background option" is checked. Doesn't make sense trying to unmount a drive while  a script is running, does it?

Maybe I left out enough details that I didn't make sense. I mount the drive, and the script executes in the background just as I intend. Upon completion, the script sends me a notification. At this point the script is done and isn't running anymore.

Then, I push the unmount button. The script executes again, which is not what I want it to do. I don't want it to execute when I push the unmount button. When it has finished again, I get the notification and the button changes to mount.

Is this what it is supposed to do? Is it supposed to execute the script when you tell it to mount and when you tell it to unmount?

Is this what it is supposed to do? Is it supposed to execute the script when you tell it to mount and when you tell it to unmount?

Yes, that's why the default script uses the variable ACTION to know witch action it's performing:

case $ACTION in
  'ADD' )
    // do your stuff here
    echo "Added"
  ;;
  'REMOVE' )
    // do your stuff here
    echo "Removed"
  ;;
esac

Yes, that's why the default script uses the variable ACTION to know witch action it's performing:

case $ACTION in
  'ADD' )
    // do your stuff here
    echo "Added"
  ;;
  'REMOVE' )
    // do your stuff here
    echo "Removed"
  ;;
esac

Sorry I guess I didn't really pay much attention to that "example" in the first post since I already had a script I wanted to use. I guess I will have to call my script from within yours.

Sorry I guess I didn't really pay much attention to that "example" in the first post since I already had a script I wanted to use. I guess I will have to call my script from within yours.

Or add a verification on yours:

if [ "${ACTION}" != "ADD" ]; then 
  exit 0; 
fi

Look at this:

ok2GN2L.png

Would this work for you?

Is this a link to the pre_clear script? This would be AWESOME!

Man you are ploughing through features on the Roadmap faster than LT are! They should hire you!

OoooOooo ... 2 links, one for Official and one for Brian's "Faster ...."

case $ACTION in
  'ADD' )
    // do your stuff here
    echo "Added"
  ;;
  'REMOVE' )
    // do your stuff here
    echo "Removed"
  ;;
esac

All working great now. Thanks!

Nice and awesome plugin for unRAID !

gfjardim : did you think about the possibility to mount/umount disk images ? (like docker.img for example !)

In my case I have a plex.img (xfs format) mount in /var/lib/plex, and my docker for plex use it (actually, I need to manually mount my image before starting my plex docker)

It will be more awesome to have a third option 'Custom mounts' in your plugin ;)

customMounts.jpg

Nice and awesome plugin for unRAID !

gfjardim : did you think about the possibility to mount/umount disk images ? (like docker.img for example !)

In my case I have a plex.img (xfs format) mount in /var/lib/plex, and my docker for plex use it (actually, I need to manually mount my image before starting my plex docker)

It will be more awesome to have a third option 'Custom mounts' in your plugin ;)

customMounts.jpg

That feature would be so awesome!

What's the SMB mount for? I thought once it is already mounted I can just view the mount by accessing it via my Windows command line? What would be the benefit to have another mount point to it?

Accessing files from other computers on the network into your unRAID server.

What's the SMB mount for? I thought once it is already mounted I can just view the mount by accessing it via my Windows command line? What would be the benefit to have another mount point to it?

Accessing files from other computers on the network into your unRAID server.

I created a mount point, named it "2TB". If I want to access that from other computers I just enter "//sun/2TB". If I created an SMB mount on the same name I would access it the same way, "//sun/2TB"? I know I'm missing a piece in my head. The plugin works fantastic by the way. I do see a screen shot with CUSTOM MOUNTS, is that another plugin?

• Squid locked this topic