[unRAID 6 beta14+] Unassigned Devices [former Auto Mount USB]

Latest update (2015.06.15a) broke my export of USB drive to NFS.

It is independent if I check or not 'run script in background'.

And manual unmount followed by mount properly exports NFS i.e. script is executed.

Tue Jun 16 0:10:34 CDT 2015: Drive found with the following attributes: serial='WD_Elements_10B8_575841314131353253354850-0:0', serial_short='575841314131353253354850', device='/dev/sdk1', part='1', label='Elements', fstype='ntfs', target='', size='2000364240896', used='0', avail='2000364240896', mountpoint='/mnt/disks/wd2t', owner='user', automount='1', shared='1', command='/boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/wd2t.sh', command_bg='false'
Tue Jun 16 0:10:34 CDT 2015: Adding disk  ...
Tue Jun 16 0:10:34 CDT 2015: Mounting drive with command: mount -t ntfs -o auto,async,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 '/dev/sdk1' '/mnt/disks/wd2t'
Tue Jun 16 0:10:43 CDT 2015: Successfully mounted '/dev/sdk1' on '/mnt/disks/wd2t'
Tue Jun 16 0:10:43 CDT 2015: Defining share 'wd2t' on file '/etc/samba/unassigned-shares/wd2t.conf' .
Tue Jun 16 0:10:43 CDT 2015: Adding share wd2t to /boot/config/smb-extra.conf
Tue Jun 16 0:10:43 CDT 2015: Reloading Samba configuration.
Tue Jun 16 0:10:43 CDT 2015: Directory '/mnt/disks/wd2t' shared successfully.
Tue Jun 16 0:10:43 CDT 2015: Running command '/boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/wd2t.sh' with action 'ADD'.
Tue Jun 16 0:10:43 CDT 2015: Disk Elements shared successfully.

cat /tmp/WD_Elements_10B8_575841314131353253354850-0\:0.log
exporting *:/mnt/disks/wd2t

In case you can't figure it out can I revert to the previous code?

[glow=red,2,300]UPDATE:[/glow]

###2015.06.15

- Revert: run scripts in the backgroud (caused race condition issues)

- Add: "Run in background" option to "Edit Script" page

- Add: SMB Mounts

PeterB, see if this help you.

Two out of two success rate - previously was zero out of many.  Thank you very much!

Yep, no issues here, although need a few more reboots to check...

Problem is, with the release of V6 and the mediabuilds done, I probably won't be rebooting quite as often..  ;D

gfjardim - Whilst I'm here, can you have a look here and check you're happy with this, if you would rather I remove it then that's fine, I'll rewrite the wiki to just do it manually.

Problem is, with the release of V6 and the mediabuilds done, I probably won't be rebooting quite as often..  ;D

gfjardim - Whilst I'm here, can you have a look here and check you're happy with this, if you would rather I remove it then that's fine, I'll rewrite the wiki to just do it manually.

I'm glad you put it in there. I don't like to keep toys to myself!

I'm glad you put it in there. I don't like to keep toys to myself!

Thanks, just wanted to check, I could kiss you for that script,  :-*

Has made my life so much easier, you got one that makes coffee?  ;)

Woah - just upgraded my Backup Server with the new v6 stable and also did my plugins as well. Then I noticed the SMB mount section - which clearly is a result of this wonderful plugin! Wanted to say what a great job is being done to enhance this product by the community ....

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40690.msg384504#msg384504

I need feedback on this new feature. Please let me know if you encounter any bug.

Woah - just upgraded my Backup Server with the new v6 stable and also did my plugins as well. Then I noticed the SMB mount section - which clearly is a result of this wonderful plugin! Wanted to say what a great job is being done to enhance this product by the community ....

I need feedback on this new feature. Please let me know if you encounter any bug.

I am happy to contribute. This feature has made me think that I don't need to be using a Windows VM running Sync-Back as my backup solution. I am going to try using the mount created by this feature as part of an rsync backup solution.

Going to give it a go this weekend! Love it! :)

First bit of feedback:

From my Backup Server I mounted the "nas" share on my Main Server. Notice that it did not grab the Size, Used or Free variables.

See screenshot.

Screen_Shot_2015-06-16_at_9_32.20_pm.png.5ad28b6858046224238006b7a10adad4.png

Latest update (2015.06.15a) broke my export of USB drive to NFS.

It is independent if I check or not 'run script in background'.

And manual unmount followed by mount properly exports NFS i.e. script is executed.

I have no idea why it's working erratically. I didn't changed anything that could break it.

First bit of feedback:

From my Backup Server I mounted the "nas" share on my Main Server. Notice that it did not grab the Size, Used or Free variables.

See screenshot.

It will only appear when you mount it.

What a knob. I forgot the first time I have to click mount. Working perfect.

Screen_Shot_2015-06-16_at_9_41.27_pm.png.abc25ee08d220baa5ea0cab9148cc78d.png

What a knob. I forgot the first time I have to click mount. Working perfect.

Using user/password? The Add SMB Mount popup worked fine?

Nah - I don't use userid and passwords for shares on my servers so I didn't enter anything into the credentials fields. But it worked fine without.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of the popup working great (without userids and passwords) on Safari Version 8.0.6 (10600.6.3) on Yosemite.

Screen_Shot_2015-06-16_at_10_11.45_pm.png.ddcb73ee988e7efce0722c2ffec2816b.png

Also, love the fact that even though I have both servers mapped to each other ....

Main mapped to \\backup\nas and Backup mapped to \\main\nas

This didn't stop either server un mounting all drives and stopping the array!

ALSO - when my Backup Server started before my Main Server (stupid Supermicro board takes forever to post and boot) there was no noticeable lag in startup time when I started the array even though it clearly couldn't find the Main share to mount.

Happy so far!  :)

Just had an idea - and by no means is this a criticism because this is just great - but was looking at the GUI and in the same way that the Unassigned device has "Open Files" maybe the SMB share section could integrate with the part of Unraid / Plugin that shows "Active Streams"?

Just a thought.

EDIT: OoooOoooo: maybe also browse buttons at the end of the row on both Unassigned devices and SMB Shares sections too. Make it uniform with the rest. Let the user quickly browse whats on each.

Just had an idea - and by no means is this a criticism because this is just great - but was looking at the GUI and in the same way that the Unassigned device has "Open Files" maybe the SMB share section could integrate with the part of Unraid / Plugin that shows "Active Streams"?

Just a thought.

You want the Open Files field (streams are relevant only if it's serving a share, not mounting it). There's space, so I can add it.

EDIT: OoooOoooo: maybe also browse buttons at the end of the row on both Unassigned devices and SMB Shares sections too. Make it uniform with the rest. Let the user quickly browse whats on each.

This is not feasible for drives, since some drives have multiple partitions, all hidden until you click on the serial number. If mounted, the mountpoint will open the file browser.

Just a thought.

You want the Open Files field (streams are relevant only if it's serving a share, not mounting it). There's space, so I can add it.

This is not feasible for drives, since some drives have multiple partitions, all hidden until you click on the serial number. If mounted, the mountpoint will open the file browser.

Thanks for the open files feature.

Ahhh - makes sense about the drives. I was just thinking out loud anyway!

• Squid locked this topic