[unRAID 6 beta14+] Unassigned Devices [former Auto Mount USB]

Nice and awesome plugin for unRAID !

gfjardim : did you think about the possibility to mount/umount disk images ? (like docker.img for example !)

In my case I have a plex.img (xfs format) mount in /var/lib/plex, and my docker for plex use it (actually, I need to manually mount my image before starting my plex docker)

It will be more awesome to have a third option 'Custom mounts' in your plugin ;)

Not in my plans, but one can always fork/pull request at GitHub.

Can unassigned devices mount a dvd rom? I can see the drive but when attempting to mount the page brings up a spinning icon and then comes back with no change.

unRAID has no DVD drivers

What exactly does that mean? I can manually mount the DVD from ssh issuing 'mount /dev/sr0 /media' and see the contents of the drive.

Am I able to use this plugin to both :

1. Store an ISO to load in KVM

2. Map a path to an outside of the array disk, that will be a share used inside of the vm?

If I were to use this plugin to mount an out of the array disk to say /mnt/udevdisk,

So for the enclosed picture:

I would like "OS Install ISO" to be /mnt/udevdisk/Mythbuntu14.04.ISO

vDisk location would remain the same : /mnt/cache/MythBuntuVM/vdisk1.img

for "Unraid Share" would I able to use: /mnt/udevdisk/recordings

to map to "/recordings" inside the vm? I don't believe I need any scripts for this would I? Only this plugin mounting the out of array disk to /mnt/udevdisk and both of these things would be possible correct?

Capture.JPG.8d4c9106d05e04a79163fa9f215f966a.JPG

I'm using your plugin to mount a HDD outside of the array to use as storage for TV recordings and Timeshift from TVHeadend.  All has gone well so far, with the disk showing under unassigned devices and I am able to access it through explorer.  I have set the default script.

I am trying to resolve an issue with its use now.  For some reason my recordings are not making it to the HDD.  I'm not sure if this is TVHeadend related or Plugin related.

Could you please give me a steer as to the correct script that I should be using, or any settings that I may have missed to enable the HDD's use outside of my array?

Thanks

I'm using your plugin to mount a HDD outside of the array to use as storage for TV recordings and Timeshift from TVHeadend.  All has gone well so far, with the disk showing under unassigned devices and I am able to access it through explorer.  I have set the default script.

I am trying to resolve an issue with its use now.  For some reason my recordings are not making it to the HDD.  I'm not sure if this is TVHeadend related or Plugin related.

Could you please give me a steer as to the correct script that I should be using, or any settings that I may have missed to enable the HDD's use outside of my array?

Thanks

This is from TVheadend log, I think that it's related to permissions:

Unable to create dir "/recordings/This Is BBC Four": Permission denied

Thanks

Who is the owner of the recordings folder on the HDD?

As far as I know this plugin only mounts the disk, so it has to be wrong permissions set on the folder created on the HDD.

Thanks

As far as I know this plugin only mounts the disk, so it has to be wrong permissions set on the folder created on the HDD.

Hi Saarg

This sorted it:

newperms /path/to/mounted/drive/

Thanks

Thanks

Hi Saarg

This sorted it:

newperms /path/to/mounted/drive/

Thanks

Good

I am having major problems when running this plugin, it seems to kill the Web UI within about 5 minutes.  I am still able to access Samba shares and SSH into the server.  I originally started a thread here about not being able to access the Web UI during a parity scan:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40727.0

Long story short, with this plugin completed removed, Unraid 6 Web UI is completely stable.

@gfjardim Is there any logging - other than a syslog - I can provide which will aid any debugging?

syslog.txt

Just to confirm:  I'm currently using this to mount an SSD containing my Docker image.  I can set this disk to auto-mount, shared, and then in the script box enter and save the script from the FAQ in the first post to ensure Docker starts up when mounting the disk and shuts down when unmounting it?  Do I need to set my unRAID/Settings/Docker/Enable Docker parameter to No to ensure the Unassigned Devices script handles the startup/stop of Docker?

I am having major problems when running this plugin, it seems to kill the Web UI within about 5 minutes.  I am still able to access Samba shares and SSH into the server.  I originally started a thread here about not being able to access the Web UI during a parity scan:

Long story short, with this plugin completed removed, Unraid 6 Web UI is completely stable.

@gfjardim Is there any logging - other than a syslog - I can provide which will aid any debugging?

I have noticed that this plugin doesn't do "great" with samba shares where the network is flaky or connection is poor.

I mount cross shares between my two servers. In that, I mount flash, app and share of Main Server on Backup Server and VISA VERSA.

When trying to shutdown one server there is some ... lag ... while it tries to unmount. Be patient and the plugin does its job. Yes the GUI does hang, but as long as your patient then things work out. If you're not patient then you can turn off your switch which your servers are connected to (assuming of course you have a dedicated switch) then things move quicker!

I have noticed that this plugin doesn't do "great" with samba shares where the network is flaky or connection is poor.

I mount cross shares between my two servers. In that, I mount flash, app and share of Main Server on Backup Server and VISA VERSA.

When trying to shutdown one server there is some ... lag ... while it tries to unmount. Be patient and the plugin does its job. Yes the GUI does hang, but as long as your patient then things work out. If you're not patient then you can turn off your switch which your servers are connected to (assuming of course you have a dedicated switch) then things move quicker!

I see this as well. Takes several minutes some times to just take my array offline and reboot.

Guys, I'm working on another project right now, so I will slow down this a bit, but any major bugfixes will be addressed, ok?

When I come back, I'll modularize the code, so NFS/IMG/ISO/DVD mounts will be possible, alright?

Thanks a lot for understanding.

• Squid locked this topic