Alternative to the coolmaster 4 in 3 drive cages? (ie cheap?)

The coolmaster 4 in 3 drive page seems to be a favorite on the forum but it also seems that its no longer made, or at least really hard to fine nowadays and not nearly as cheap as it used to be. I was considering something like this very basic Chinese cage on ebay and buying a fan separately but there doesn't seem to be any mention of this in the forum (and it does seem comparable to the DIY option mentioned on the Hadware Compatibility page in the drive cages section).

Any thoughts on the ebay cage or other cost effective options would be appreciated.

Thanks for this. I have been scanning ebay and craigslist hard for these and the coolmasters but for the prices they are going for i can't quite justify them for a "budget build". I'll keep looking but these "Chinese cages" with a 120mm fan are looking like temping ~$30 alternatives (ie I could get the three i want for under $100).

Thanks, I am actually surprised i didn't see those (i've been all over newegg, ebay, and amazon). While not as cheap as the Chinese ones they are nicer for sure, get what you pay for i guess. I ordered one of the Chinese cages and will try them out, if they just are untenable then I might suck it up and get something in the $50/ 4 in 3 area (instead of sub $50 and 5 in 3). Thanks!

Archived