Release: rTorrent/ruTorrent for unRAID

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for this possible noob question, but what exactly is:

EDGE=0 or EDGE=1 ?

Edge=0 is the as designed/tested way of running rTorrent/ruTorrent, which also may be an older version.

Edge=1 is the bleeding edge that downloads the most current version of the program, but has not been tested so that everythign works by the developer.

sorry for this possible noob question, but what exactly is:

EDGE=0 or EDGE=1 ?

Edge=0 is the as designed/tested way of running rTorrent/ruTorrent, which also may be an older version.

Edge=1 is the bleeding edge that downloads the most current version of the program, but has not been tested so that everythign works by the developer.

Thank you

has anyone got this to work with sickrage?

i've set host:port to http://192.168.0.3:8089 and put in the default username and password and sickrage just gives the error: Error: Unable to connect to rTorrent

Transmission and deluge connect fine, and i've tried playing around with the variables in SR.

I would also like to know that. And for Couchpotato also. I tried to set it, but with no luck.

Any of you have problems with mover on seeding torrents(no users downloaded your torrent, only seed state)

If I have rutorrent docker started,"The mover" never move files from cache to unraid array :(

I test to force mover, and nothing happens, if i Stop ruTorrent docker an force mover, move correctly.

Any of you have problems with mover on seeding torrents(no users downloaded your torrent, only seed state)

If I have rutorrent docker started,"The mover" never move files from cache to unraid array :(

I test to force mover, and nothing happens, if i Stop ruTorrent docker an force mover, move correctly.

Not that I use torrents, but its probably because the file is still in use

Not that I use torrents, but its probably because the file is still in use

I don't use that torrent client, but that is probably it. Maybe you can set it up so the incompletes are on cache but the completes are on the array. Then rutorrent will move them instead of mover.

No, I'm Talking about torrents finished in seeding state(if this torrent persist in seeding state) about days without any client try to download from me, "The mover don't move nothing.

This is a problem for my because cache drive fill up very fast if I have 20-30 or more seeding torrents :(

No, I'm Talking about torrents finished in seeding state(if this torrent persist in seeding state) about days without any client try to download from me, "The mover don't move nothing.

This is a problem for my because cache drive fill up very fast if I have 20-30 or more seeding torrents :(

Here's the test.  Stop the seeding on one of the files.  Then try mover.

yes it's work but i have another idea.

If i set rutorrent save temporal download on a cache drive and when end move to /mnt/user0/xxxx

/mnt/user0 is non Cache array, direct write on array.

I think, I don't have the mover problem.

But i don't have if is correctly to save directly to /mnt/user0

hi,

is there anything i have to do to get the unpack plugin to work right?

i downloaded a file and tried to unpack it manually via context menu.

everything i get is this

unrar: invalid option -- 'i'
Try `unrar --help' or `unrar --usage' for more information.
unrar: invalid option -- 'i'
Try `unrar --help' or `unrar --usage' for more information.

thanks for your help

I have set up CouchPotato to add torrent to rTorrent. Connection is ok and torrents are added, but they are added in Pausing status. In CP > Settings > Downloaders > Show advanced settings; for rTorrent > Paused (Add the torrent paused.) is unchecked.

In rTorrent I can't change status to Downloading. I can change it to Stopped and when I press Start it changes status to Pausing.

I tried with Paused checked in CP and it is no difference. I later unchecked Paused and still the same.

If in CP I set Black hole instead of rTorrent and torrent files are downloaded to folder and then I add it to rTorrent manuali, it works.

Any ideas?

Edit:

Another question. Is it possible to change network type for rTorrent from Bridge to Host so it would get different IP than unRAID?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody else have problems with limitations with number of active downloads? I would like to set limit to 3 active downloads when I add more than 3 torrents.

In Settings > Connection I set "Number of download slots" to 3, but when I add more than 3 torrents, all are active.

In general I have feeling, that ruTorrent is powerfull app, but on other hand it seems that it don't work as I would like.

Are there any special instructions how to set up ruTorrent?

Well I can help with a little but i am having my own seeding problems. For you though I will say, don't waste your time making changes in the gui. If they even take effect they aren't sticky; they only last the session. So you will need to make changes to /config/.rtorent.rc via unraid console using nano. Finally i think the setting you ALSO need to tweak is the max_total_slots or something like that. You'll see all the options in the .rc

As for me: is anyone else having any luck getting decent upload speeds? The same torrent, the same private tracker, both connectable (self-reported and by the tracker) but ruTorrent (stock and tweaked settings) gets at most 1-5 peers with a peak upload of 200-300KB/s while uTorrent on my PC can regularly saturate my pipe and in the case of last night, being late to the swarm I was still able to get 1.5MB/s  I had to move back to uTorrent on my PC to avoid killing my ratio. Also, back when Xen could still handle torrents without crushing its virtual network, I was seeing the same speeds with Transmission in an ArchVM. So it isn't my server's network persay and I still see full gigabit transfers to and from my cache drive.

Any thoughts on what to look into? When I get home I can post any config files you think might be useful, but for now lets just assume I'm running the default ruTorrent .rc and work from there.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

i am really interested in this docker, but i have one slight problem.

the private tracker i use only supports 0.9.2 (yes i know they are behind the times)

I would really like to get my torrent habit off the PC its on start to take advantage of the v6 unraid with dockers.

DO you have and am i able to use a version with 0.9.2?

this combined with the file-bot plug in = AWESOME!

I will have a look at making a separate 0.9.2 rtorrent container for those who need it.

RE: Download/Upload Speed

I have personally had no problems with reduced download/upload speeds with this container. I have migrated from deluge to rtorrent with no drop in speeds.

Have you your ports opened?

Edit: had only typed download instead of download/upload!

rTorrent 0.9.2 based container created and in my repo.

Note: It is set up to use same ports as original ruTorrent container so either change ports or stop ruTorrent:latest before installing ruTorrent_0.9.2 container

Hope it fixes people's seed and private tracker woes!!

let me know,

The Capt

thanks Capt!

i have installed it but i am thinking something went wrong.

I am unable to 'click' on the rtorrent icon and get the context menu to start or stop it.

(or uninstall it and try again)

from watching the CMD line i think the right CMD is /usr/docker remove rutorrent_0.9.2

can you confirm? if i can get it to unload/remove i will try again and see if it is a problem again.

FOD.

EDIT: correct command is '/usr/bin/docker rm -f [torrent name]'