Release: rTorrent/ruTorrent for unRAID

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to remove ruTorrent docker? Normally I click the icon and select remove though this docker doesn't have that. I also don't see anything in the config section on removing and am unable to stop it. I also tried deleting the directory using Filezilla and it's still running in docker.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I ended up just redoing my docker image. Seems odd the menu wouldn't be included in this docker to do basics like start/stop.

XML for rutorrent v 0.9.2 updated, I removed the underscores from the Container Name field and the actual name of the .xml itself.

I am currently not in a position to test it as I am away from my server, could someone who would be capable of removing the container via the terminal test this xml and ensure that the context menu appears correctly?? Make sure to update repos first.

I am still unsure as to why there was an issue with this xml, maybe @gfjardim or @jonp could shed some light on it??

This question is more of a functionality and interactivity between rTorrent and Sickbeard/Couchpotato.

The Docker is running great. I have it download to /mnt/user/appdata/rtorrent/download (which is a cache only share)

I also have folder called /mnt/user/appdata/rtorrent/download/watch... Inside this folder I have folders TV, Movies, Books. When I download a torrent, I place it into one of these folders depending on what I am downloading.

I have setup ruTorrent's AutoTools to watch this folder and it properly categorizes the downloads and places the completed download in the correct sub directory... All happy and good.

I have AutoTools also copy the finished download to another unRAID other share. Which is:

/mnt/user/downloads/complete/ (which uses the full array)

The reason for the copy is to keep seeding the download, and process the copied file into my media library.

This a newly completed download will properly copy the file into the right sub directory based on the type above.

I have Sickbeard set to watch the folder:

/mnt/user/downloads/complete/TV

Couchpotato looks at:

/mnt/user/downloads/complete/Movies

The unfortunate part is that, as rTorrent is copying the files into these subdirectories, Sickbeard and CP auto watch find the file(s) in mid-copy and process the not-fully-copied file into my media folders. And I end up with bad media in my library.

I thought of setting the watch folder frequency to something high (like 60 minutes or more), but it could coincide at some point at mid-copy.

Does anyone have this issue? When I do torrents, it is usually as a backup method when I cannot find the file through usenet. I manually add these. I do not use the torrent feature in CP or SB.

I would love to find a fix.

Thanks,

H.

I don't use sickbeard or couchpotato, but could you have it copy the files to the drive that they are watching, but not to the folder they are watching? Then a move from there to the watched folder will just be a directory update rather than a file write and so you shouldn't get incomplete files.

Thank Trurl,

Its the first thing I tried, but I am having trouble creating an accurate either sh script that does the move, or a cron tab to do the same. I end up with oddly named files in my destination. Not sure if this is because its going through the dockler... but I tried both in unRAID main, and inside the container. I even tried rsync... for example... in unRAID /boot, I created a script called movedownloads.sh

#!/bin/bash

When I typed the command directly in the command line, files copied fine. 

# Move Completed Torent Download to Proper Folder for Sickbeard and CP to Process

/usr/bin/mv /mnt/user/downloads/torrents/downloads/Books/* /mnt/user/downloads/complete/Books/

#rsync -rtv /mnt/user/downloads/torrents/downloads/Books /mnt/user/downloads/complete/Books

rm /mnt/user/downloads/torrents/downloads/Books/*

I tried many variations of the mv and rsync commands and at worst i copied a file with a gibberish name, at best it put the file in a folder "called /mnt/user/downloads/complete/Books." that any other script could not read.

Thank Trurl,

Its the first thing I tried, but I am having trouble creating an accurate either sh script that does the move, or a cron tab to do the same. I end up with oddly named files in my destination. Not sure if this is because its going through the dockler... but I tried both in unRAID main, and inside the container. I even tried rsync... for example... in unRAID /boot, I created a script called movedownloads.sh

#!/bin/bash

When I typed the command directly in the command line, files copied fine. 

# Move Completed Torent Download to Proper Folder for Sickbeard and CP to Process

/usr/bin/mv /mnt/user/downloads/torrents/downloads/Books/* /mnt/user/downloads/complete/Books/

#rsync -rtv /mnt/user/downloads/torrents/downloads/Books /mnt/user/downloads/complete/Books

I tried many variations of the mv and rsync commands and at worst i copied a file with a gibberish name, at best it put the file in a folder "called /mnt/user/downloads/complete/Books." that any other script could not read.

is there a syntax for rutorrent scripts for how it handles file names etc ??

is there a syntax for rutorrent scripts for how it handles file names etc ??

I just did a test... in regular unRAID manually I copied a file called logo.png to folder:

/mnt/user/downloads/torrents/downloads/Books/

I have a line activating the following script in crontab in unRAID:

#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/rsync -avrtH  /mnt/user/downloads/torrents/downloads/Books/ /mnt/user/downloads/complete/Books

I ended up with the file being copied to:

/mnt/user/downloads/torrents/downloads/BKAA37~A/logo.png

I think its something with either the bash script file or cron are messing it up...

ruTorrent 0.9.2 Container fixed

Sorry for delay, I have been really busy with work.

Due to some incompatibility between DockerMan and a docker repo with an underscore in its name, I have renamed my ruTorrent_0.9.2 repo completely and its Dockerer repo.

The container is now called LegacyruTorrent and it correctly shows a context menu when it's icon is clicked.

Anyone who wants to use rutorrent 0.9.2, replace your container (just point it at the same folders for /config and /download and it will act like nothing changed)

swap unrar-free for unrar (non-free)

After an issue report on github and some searching, I have learned that rutorrent plays nicer with the non-free version of unrar so I have updated my Dockerfile accordingly. New versions currently building for both ruTorrent and LegacyruTorrent (0.9.2).

Whenever I try to upload a .torrent file it doesn't work and just refreshes and says "No file chosen". If I look at the Network panel I can see that I am getting an 413 Error - Request Entity Too Large.

Any idea how to resolve that?

Could it be a bad .torrent file? Have you tried other files? Also try pasting the link into the "add torrent" box... need more detail here in order to help.

No the torrent files are absolutely fine. The issue is because the nginx webserver this docker uses is configured with the default limitation on the filesize you can upload. Any torrent file larger than 1MB fails.

I tested this with several torrent files I had laying around. All files less than 1MB worked just fine, anything over this gets the 413 error.

http://cnedelcu.blogspot.com/2013/09/nginx-error-413-request-entity-too-large.html

It would be nice if Capt.Insano could update the docker and remove the 1MB limit.

No the torrent files are absolutely fine. The issue is because the nginx webserver this docker uses is configured with the default limitation on the filesize you can upload. Any torrent file larger than 1MB fails.

I tested this with several torrent files I had laying around. All files less than 1MB worked just fine, anything over this gets the 413 error.

http://cnedelcu.blogspot.com/2013/09/nginx-error-413-request-entity-too-large.html

It would be nice if Capt.Insano could update the docker and remove the 1MB limit.

Could you PM me a link to a torrent file over 1MB in size?

I would like to test some fixes.

I just set this up and using stock settings im only getting 25kb download speeds. it doesnt matter what torrent i am downloading. I tried setting the DL speed to 0 and to 999999 but it maxs out at 100kb/s. I havent changed any other options. Am I missing something?

Do you have your ports forwarded in your router settings?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great ruTorrent docker CaptInsano.

As part of my migration from unRAID 5.0 > 6.0 I have upgraded to your docker. Everything installed smoothly and I can manually add and download torrents no problem.

However, I am looking to use the RSS function to auto-download TV Shows, then place them in a folder watched by Sickbeard to will process them and pass them on to Plex.

My download folder is setup as follows:

/Downloads

/Downloads/Incomplete

/Downloads/Movies

/Downloads/Music

/Downloads/TV

My desired workflow would be:

- RSS picks up torrent and downloads to Downloads/Incomplete

- On finish, Autotools moves completed torrent to Downloads/TV

Can anyone please advise what settings to use in both the RSS Manager and Autotools plugin to automate this task. I am coming from uTorrent and the settings aren't the same (obviously). I have already had some great help from the forums fixing issues with SB so hope someone can help with this problem.