Release: rTorrent/ruTorrent for unRAID

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just installed this but when I start it I'm prompted for an id and password...I don't see anything listed anywhere...??

From OP:

... Update: 23/03/15 (Big Update)...

2. Added BASIC auth security: (.htaccess file is created in the /config folder)

Default username:password is admin:admin...

Glad you guess it anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i've just installed the plugin for this and im having trouble logging in?

I've tried the default username/password default and even tried changing the password on the file but its still not letting me in?

Which plugin have you installed? This is the docker support thread, not the plugin support thread.

sorry getting my words mixed up now.... I meant docker, however i think i used a plugin to install it (community applications)

Community Applications (highly recommended) is indeed a plugin. A plugin that lets you select and install dockers created by forum members.

I've tried the default username/password default and even tried changing the password on the file but its still not letting me in?

I don't use this docker, but see here

Thank you i sorted it....I'm actually an absolute idiot I read:

username:password is admin:admin

as:

Username = password

Password = admin

Yes I am embarrassed

Thank you again for your help.

ugh sorry more problems, I'm trying to setup some sort of autoadd type function. I have a folder on Dropbox (already installed the docker) called torrents that I want to use however when I try to put the directory into the autowatch box I click OK and it disappears from the box.

When I click the browse button the only directory I can see is inside my downloads folder so I'm thinking I need to set up some sort of base directory??

As an experiment I tried to change it to a temp directory inside the downloads folder and after a while a torrent did eventually appear in the download window

@zapp8rannigan

Use with caution Proceed @ your own risk:

You could just add /mnt under "Volume Mappings" for the container

Eg:

Container Volume              Host Path                    Access

/mnt                                /mnt                      Read/Write

Then navigate to wherever you want (eg: /mnt/user/Dropbox) within the container.

Caution: you have now given this container Read/Write access to your whole unRAID array: I will not be held responsible for any file loss, house fires etc. etc.

(I mount /mnt myself, but I do not have it as a default setting in the container.xml to avoid problems caused by users!!)

Best of luck,

The Capt.

Thanks for the help, food for thought. How does sickraid and sabnzbd work then? due to them being separate docker containers wouldn't that cause the same issue?

eek, this does seem a lot more complicated then i initially envisioned

The risks involved with passing /mnt or /mnt/user are probably miniscule.  I personally don't recommend doing that but it is the easy way to accomplish the path settings.  If you read the Docker FAQ, I made an attempt to try and explain how to set up Sab and Sonaar (same concept).  But, its one of those concepts that there is no real easy way to explain it properly, and unfortunately until you understand the concept, you won't be able to understand the concept. 

Just use /mnt or /mnt/user while you're figuring everything out... You'll be fine..

ok, mnt still doesn't seem to work for me....when every i hit ok and then come back onto it the box in autotools is still empty, and when i hit the "..." button my only choices are whatever folders that are in my downloads share...

I have this same issue. I have volume mapping set up to my unprocessed folder, but I can't get that folder to stick in the autotools.

Capture.PNG.523840123ee41db8030e042eaa38d4b5.PNG

I cant stant the rTorrent original logo.... sorry rTorrent creators... its just too 1990's looking. I created this one a while ago, trying to keep in the spirit of the original.

E2PXVmN.png

http://i.imgur.com/E2PXVmN.png

Great job, I have no particular love for the original logo myself!!

Feel free to make something completely different from the spirit of the original!!

I will get around to changing the logo soon, I am currently away on holiday!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want to allows access to my array for torrents, for long term seeding, so I know I can change the /downloads to map to /mnt/user, however that tries to do a chown on the entire array to a torrent user. Is that required? Can I create the map without doing that?

I've tried deluge and rtorrent and it seems rtorrent is a bit better, feature wise and close to my familiarity with utorrent however I need to solve this chown on the mappping.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I do not have the time to dedicate to this Docker at the moment, I PMed the linuxserver.io team about taking over the container but I have heard nothing back:

Any interest in taking over my ruTorrent Container?

« Sent to: linuxserver.io on: August 12, 2015, 06:25:05 PM »

Delete

Hello to all members of linuxserver.io!!

I am unable to dedicate much time to my (few and poorly assembled!!) containers these days and I am unlikely to be able to return to much for a while due to work constraints.

Would anyone in your team have any interest in taking over my ruTorrent container? There are some valid requests being made by users for improvements to the container that I just cannot get to. Also having looked at the Dockerfile format of newer containers I am sure that many improvements can be made to my build order!!

It seems to be a relatively popular container with circa 900 pulls at the moment from docker hub and I would love to see it in the safe and capable hands of the linuxserver.io team!!

Please let me know and congrats on the team assembly!

The Capt

I understant the linuxserver.io team are prob busy and possibly non interested in this Docker Container but if anyone would be interested in taking it over, I would be much obliged. I am genuinely sorry I cannot offer much time to it myself but I am completely taken over by work at the moment.

Thanks All,

The Capt.

What's the general consensus re Deluge vs. rTorrent/ruTorrent combo?

Deluge can sometimes be a pig resource wise. Transmission is easily the most nimble Torrent software I've tried, but it's banned by a few trackers I use. I've heard some decent things from ruTorent/rTorrent however.

Just curious.