Precleared drive not recognized as such by Unraid.

Has someone experienced such behavior of Unraid?

Just successfully precleared a brand new WD Red drive. All 3 cycles went perfect. Once I've tried to add it into the array, Unraid politely informed me that the disk need to be cleared and a "Clear" button (instead of "Format") was presented. Does this means that Unraid is not recognizing the preclear signature written by the script?

I am using Unraid 6.0 beta 14b and the latest preclear_disk.sh from Joe L.

Try the preclear command "-t" on the disk.  It will likely tell you that the disk has not been precleared even though the preclear script says it was when it finished. 

I just got this myself and the last time this happened it was because the firmware on one of my SAS expanders needed to be updated.  I will be updating the firmware on the current problematic SAS expander this weekend I hope.  This is one of the reasons most of my disks are not precleared on my servers.  But the biggest reason is that it is more convienient for me to repurpose another computer to do it.  I just boot up unRAID free instead of windows and preclear my disks there.  It has never failed me doing it this way and I only have to crawl into the server area to install the disk when I'm sure it isn't DOA.