Possible to prioritize disk usage order for share?

I would like one of my shares confined to disk4 until it is nearly full and then move on to disk1. But every time the mover moves the new additions off the cache drive it recreates the share on disk1 and moves it there.

My settings for the share are; Fill-up, min free=5GB, included disks=disk1,disk4.

Is there no way to have it this way? I guess the workaround would be to remove disk1 as an included disk and just make sure disk4 never gets full?

What is it about disk4 that makes you want to prefer it over disk1?

You could just swap them in the array with New Config / Trust Parity.

Your question does not help my problem in any way but I'll answer it anyway.

Disk4 is for the shares that usually get updated daily (btsync, dropbox, developement files, etc), Disk1 is my "backup" share wich is updated rarely and has extra space, disk2 and disk3 are for all my multimedia files (movies, tv shows, music, photos, etc).

There, now you know my layout. The point is I want the array to only need to spin up disk4 and parity when these disk4 shares are used. The other three disks are used far less.

My understanding of the "Fill-up" mode was that it would continue putting new files on to the disk that has the share, and then expand to another disk when the original is full. It doesn't appear to be doing this.

Fill-up starts with disk1 just like the other disk filling methods. Fill-up doesn't care if some directory structure already exists just like the other disk filling methods don't care if some directory structure already exists. All fill methods just tell unRAID how to fill the disks starting at disk1.

You could set the split level so it only uses disk4 for sub-directories that already exist. Split level is the setting that keeps data on the same disk according to the directory structure.

You could set the share to only use disk4 until you need disk1. But that is manual. You still get read access to the share data even if you exclude the disk.

Moving disk4 to be disk1 is the solution if you want to fill your current disk4 and then have excess data spill to another disk. Then, the fill-up would work like you are expecting it to work.

Your understanding of "fill up" is correct, but as noted, they're filled in order.

You MAY not have to actually swap the disk assignments -- try listing them in the order you want them to be used in the list of Included disks ... i.e. change your "Included" list to "disk4, disk1".    I'm not sure if UnRAID parses this list in order, or simply sets tatus bits r.e. the included disks.    If it "looks" at the list, just listing them in the order you want them used should resolve this.

Your understanding of "fill up" is correct, but as noted, they're filled in order.

You MAY not have to actually swap the disk assignments -- try listing them in the order you want them to be used in the list of Included disks ... i.e. change your "Included" list to "disk4, disk1".    I'm not sure if UnRAID parses this list in order, or simply sets tatus bits r.e. the included disks.    If it "looks" at the list, just listing them in the order you want them used should resolve this.

Yeah I think that's how it worked in previous unRAID versions. But in 6, I don't have the option of manually editing that field. How can I test this in unRAID 6?