Hot swap issues?

I think my issue may be related to unassigned drives showing in the GUi, but I thought I'd fire it out there for assistance.  Currently running newest beta of unraid 6 and newest version of snap plug in.  I have a 4TB drive formatted to NTFS in a hot swap bay.  I have a script that daily will mount the drive, rsync a bunch of files from my array to it, then spin it down and unmount it.  I do this so I can pull the drive and take it with me when I travel.  Everything seems to be working fine, but when the drive is pulled and I access the GUI I see a bunch of "/dev/sdb: No such file or directory" errors start to pile up.  I think everything is unmounting and hotswapping fine.  I repeate the same process with an external USB drive and it works fine, but the USB drives dont show in the GUI as an unassigned drive.  Wondering if that is the issue.

Any thoughts or assistance?

Sounds to me as if there may be a genuine issue if SATA connected disks suddenly disappear?

I would not be at all surprised if that test scenario is one that has not been part of the standard LimeTech testing regime!  Also the handling of such a case may well need to be different for disks that are in the array and those that are in the unassigned group - the latter case should probably be silently ignored.