Why no cachedrive info under main tab?

Under the main tab you can see all array disks plus the flash drive.

But the cache drive does not show up sure you can go too dashboard and click on the smart icon for that drive then go to Disk attributes too view for example the drive temp.

This is kind off annoying since the cache drive is the one drive i have spinning 24/7 one of the other drives (+parity once in a while) is maybe used 1-3 hours a day and 1-2 times a month more then one other drive is used.

Therefore I really want too be able too see the quick status on the main tab (since i have that open all the time).

Why is the cache drive so much less important? Sure it is not as important as the array drives but so nonimportant that you don´t want too see status come on?

The flashdrive is much less important for me but that is there!

In this tread http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38497.0 i did see that "other" drives is not part of the status/temp showing because license and i can understand that (but i think its crazy but can understand).

BUT the cache drive IS part off the whole unraid license system and does NOT add any count towards the array drive limits so this argument is therefore not valid for the cache drive right?

I have the cache drive showing up OK!

Thinking of things that might explain it not appearing for you:

- Do you have User shares enabled under settings->Global Share settings?

- If yes to above, do you have the option to use Cache drive set to Yes on the Cache drive sub-tab?

- If yes to the above do you have any User shares set up?

- Are you using Active Directory?  I think there may have been a bug around that which affected this

I seem to recall that there is a bug where if the cache drive is only being used for applications (VMs / dockers, etc) and none of the shares are set to use it then it will not show up at.

Yeah. If the cache drive is set to disabled, it doesn't show up on the "main" page. Limetech is aware of the issue already. I got around it by enabling the cache drive and then disabling its use on each share. I only use it for VM storage.

Gary

Thanks everybody!

I had "Enable user shares" set too no since i do not use them and have no use of the mover for the cache disk i prefer doing it myself.

So turned that on and the cache disk showed up :).

Then the problem i thought i was clever enough too remember too name all folders i have on the cache disk starting with - (for example -download) in the unlikely event that i wanted too use the mover someday.

Since i was sooooooooo  ::) damn sure that was what i named them when i used unraid around 1-2years ago (been trying other stuff since and now i´m back) but as probably everyone else already knows it is a . that should be in front instead off a -  :-X

So had too change that and then go in to a bunch off config files for plugins/xen wm´s (and change nfs mounts in all xen machines) and change all the damn - to . after that go too all computers/mediaplayers (have way too many) and change - too .

Been doing all that almost since the first answer came in here and i´m finally done, everything even works  ;D

I got around it by enabling the cache drive and then disabling its use on each share. I only use it for VM storage.

Gary

Do you mean the "Use cache disk: No/Yes/Only" option in each User Shares set to No?

If so i already did that.