[support] Bungy's docker repository

OK so I got owncloud up and running, but I have 2 questions:

1) How can I add more folders for a user to manage/see - s there any way to set it so each user can only see what's in their user folder for data?

2) How can I set it so that I'm allowed to add/remove files from the folders locally. I cannot currently make any folders in a users' share without doing it through the web interface. I want to move a large amount of data into a particular user's share.

I'm very new to dockers. I'm a Software Engineer, so this should come naturally, but I seem to be having a bit of trouble figuring out the OpenHAB docker.

I just installed it through the Community Apps plugin. I kept everything at the defaults. Looking at the log, there's nothing of note that I see. I'm just trying to hook up a simple WeMo outlet. I have it working on my laptop, but I'd much rather run it through unRaid which will be on 24/7.

When I look through the openHAB docker folders, I don't have a lot of the normal folders that I see in the installation that I did on the laptop. The only folder it created is "/mnt/cache/appdata/openhab" which has all of the normal configuration folders, etc. The Windows install  There's no log file that I see, other than the one I can get to through unRaid. In the Windows log file, I see the name of the WeMo, put it in the items file, and it just works. I don't seem to be having the same luck with the docker.

Should I be changing the default settings?

I can see my siteMap and everything, but the button does not seem to work like it does in my Windows install. Any suggestions? I suppose I could always run it on my Ubuntu VM, but I'd much rather get it to work in the docker.

Thanks in advance!

My first question to you - are you set on using openhab? I've found that it's pretty annoying to configure and easy to screw up. If you're set on using openhab, I'll help you debug, but I'd steer you towards home-assistant. It's far less buggy, easier to develop for, and making quicker strides than openhab.

I cannot seem to log into it.  Attached in my log file from owncloud

Thanks so much for helping me

Bill

When did this crop up? It looks like an issue with your mariadb setup.

This is the error:

General error: 1665 Cannot execute statement: impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT and at least one table uses a storage engine limited to row-based logging. InnoDB is limited to row-logging when transaction isolation level is READ COMMITTED or READ UNCOMMITTED.

This is outside of what I know about mysql/mariadb off hand, but you may be able to google around and see if you can find a fix.

Thanks so much for helping.  I finally tracked the issue to the bin log format reverted.  I had to set it back to mixed.

I really appreciate the help.

Bill

I cannot seem to log into it.  Attached in my log file from owncloud

Thanks so much for helping me

Bill

When did this crop up? It looks like an issue with your mariadb setup.

This is the error:

General error: 1665 Cannot execute statement: impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT and at least one table uses a storage engine limited to row-based logging. InnoDB is limited to row-logging when transaction isolation level is READ COMMITTED or READ UNCOMMITTED.

This is outside of what I know about mysql/mariadb off hand, but you may be able to google around and see if you can find a fix.

Thanks so much for helping.  I finally tracked the issue to the bin log format reverted.  I had to set it back to mixed.

I really appreciate the help.

Bill

Awesome man. I'm glad it all worked out for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

im having problems with installing GitLab docker.

I've installed the first time with few issues but then i managed to get it work properly. Today i clicked on "update" during updating the docker something went wrong and it finished with the last command of removing docker. Then GitLab disappeared from the list.

I've tried to install it back, bac since then im getting the same error msgs.. im not sure why or whats wrong because Redis and PostrgeSQL are working properly.

Here is the log:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="gitlab" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e TZ="Europe/Budapest" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "GITLAB_HOST"="localhost" -e "GITLAB_EMAIL"="[email protected]" -e "GITLAB_SSH_PORT"="10020" -e "GITLAB_PORT"="10080" -e "GITLAB_HTTPS"="false" -e "SSL_SELF_SIGNED"="false" -e "SMTP_USER"="[email protected]" -e "SMTP_PASS"="Domovina1" -e "GITLAB_BACKUPS"="daily" -e "GITLAB_BACKUP_EXPIRY"="2419200" -e "GITLAB_SECRETS_DB_KEY_BASE"="dbeW7bg7PxzPBGKj2H6LpZXcQhA8kyQkLHJNE3RgQ54nbD7r" -e "DB_NAME"="gitlabhq_production" -e "DB_USER"="gitlab" -e "DB_PASS"="Domovina1" -p 10022:22/tcp -p 10080:80/tcp -p 10443:443/tcp -v "/mnt/user/Applications/Docker/appdata/GitLab_New/":"/home/git/data":rw -v "/mnt/user/GitLab/":"/unraid":rw --link postgresql:postgresql --link redis:redisio sameersbn/gitlab

docker: Error response from daemon: Could not get container for postgresql.

See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

is there anybody who can help me our with solving this issue?

thank you very much in advance.

Hi guys,

I've installed the first time with few issues but then i managed to get it work properly. Today i clicked on "update" during updating the docker something went wrong and it finished with the last command of removing docker. Then GitLab disappeared from the list.

I've tried to install it back, bac since then im getting the same error msgs.. im not sure why or whats wrong because Redis and PostrgeSQL are working properly.

Here is the log:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="gitlab" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e TZ="Europe/Budapest" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "GITLAB_HOST"="localhost" -e "GITLAB_EMAIL"="[email protected]" -e "GITLAB_SSH_PORT"="10020" -e "GITLAB_PORT"="10080" -e "GITLAB_HTTPS"="false" -e "SSL_SELF_SIGNED"="false" -e "SMTP_USER"="[email protected]" -e "SMTP_PASS"="Domovina1" -e "GITLAB_BACKUPS"="daily" -e "GITLAB_BACKUP_EXPIRY"="2419200" -e "GITLAB_SECRETS_DB_KEY_BASE"="dbeW7bg7PxzPBGKj2H6LpZXcQhA8kyQkLHJNE3RgQ54nbD7r" -e "DB_NAME"="gitlabhq_production" -e "DB_USER"="gitlab" -e "DB_PASS"="Domovina1" -p 10022:22/tcp -p 10080:80/tcp -p 10443:443/tcp -v "/mnt/user/Applications/Docker/appdata/GitLab_New/":"/home/git/data":rw -v "/mnt/user/GitLab/":"/unraid":rw --link postgresql:postgresql --link redis:redisio sameersbn/gitlab

The command failed.

Are you sure your postgresql container is up and running? It looks like docker can't find it.

Hello ladies and gents

I'm having troubles getting the nginx reverse proxy to my owncloud docker. How are you handling this?

This is my config at the moment: http://pastebin.com/gi3fRJmw

Thanks for your help

I haven't tried the nginx proxy yet, but it's on my todo list. I'll probably end up using jwilder's nginx proxy (https://github.com/jwilder/nginx-proxy) since it has automatic setup based on environmental variables.

Hi guys,

Here is the log:

The command failed.

Are you sure your postgresql container is up and running? It looks like docker can't find it.

based on logs, yes... Postgres is running fine. Autovacuum has been started by itself so it has to be running. Its true that Postgres container is not starting up after server reboot (and its set to autostart) but im pretty sure its running.

Log:

LOG: MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled

LOG: database system is ready to accept connections

LOG: autovacuum launcher started

do u think it could help if I removed postgres and install it again?

Hi guys,

Here is the log:

The command failed.

based on logs, yes... Postgres is running fine. Autovacuum has been started by itself so it has to be running. Its true that Postgres container is not starting up after server reboot (and its set to autostart) but im pretty sure its running.

Log:

LOG: MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled

LOG: database system is ready to accept connections

LOG: autovacuum launcher started

do u think it could help if I removed postgres and install it again?

If your postges docker needs to be manually started, it may be that the gitlab docker started trying to run before the postgres was online. Try to stop all of the dockers (redis, postgres, and gitlab) and then start them in that order (redis, postgres, gitlab).

I still for the life of me can't figure out how to pass my USB device connected to unRAID straight through to my docker.

I'm currently using Home Assistant and I want it to be able to recognize my Z-Wave Stick.

When I run command lsusb on my unRAID console, I get:

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0781:5571 SanDisk Corp. Cruzer Fit

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0658:0200 Sigma Designs, Inc.

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

UnRAID clearly recognizes my device.  I have tried every combination I can think of on the "Extra Parameters" option using the --device= command, and have also tried to add a device through the "Add Configuration" screen even though I don't get how that works since there is no target.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

I still for the life of me can't figure out how to pass my USB device connected to unRAID straight through to my docker.

I'm currently using Home Assistant and I want it to be able to recognize my Z-Wave Stick.

When I run command lsusb on my unRAID console, I get:

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0658:0200 Sigma Designs, Inc.

UnRAID clearly recognizes my device.  I have tried every combination I can think of on the "Extra Parameters" option using the --device= command, and have also tried to add a device through the "Add Configuration" screen even though I don't get how that works since there is no target.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

I do this often with an X10 usb controller. Add

--device /dev/bus/usb/001/007
to your extra parameters section.

Run these to check that it worked:

docker exec -it home-assistant bash # To enter the docker's terminal, you may have to replace home-assistant with the name of your docker container

apt-get update

apt-get install usbutils

lsusb

If I do the above, and run:

--device /dev/bus/usb/001/009 (it's now 009 rather than 007 after taking out and putting USB stick back in)

I can go add the usbutil package (this does not stick, and needs to be added after each reset), and run lsusb.

It returns the EXACT same thing running lsusb would on the unRAID terminal.

Bus 001 Device 009: ID 0658:0200 Sigma Designs, Inc.

I tested, and even without the --device /dev/bus/usb/001/009 addition, these are still returned with lsusb.

If I go to my .yaml file and add the line

zwave:

usb_path: /dev/bus/usb/001/009

I still get numerous errors.

From the home-assistant.log file:

16-05-24 08:03:10 openzwave: Z-Wave Notification DriverFailed : {'nodeId': 255, 'notificationType': 'DriverFailed', 'homeId': 0}

16-05-24 08:03:20 homeassistant.components.zwave: zwave not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway

From the OZW_Log file:

2016-05-24 08:09:04.146 Always, OpenZwave Version 1.4.252 Starting Up

2016-05-24 08:09:05.313 Info, Setting Up Provided Network Key for Secure Communications

2016-05-24 08:09:05.313 Warning, Failed - Network Key Not Set

2016-05-24 08:09:05.313 Info, mgr,    Added driver for controller /dev/bus/usb/001/009

2016-05-24 08:09:05.314 Info,  Opening controller /dev/bus/usb/001/009

2016-05-24 08:09:05.314 Info, Trying to open serial port /dev/bus/usb/001/009 (attempt 1)

2016-05-24 08:09:05.314 Error, ERROR: Failed to set serial port parameters

2016-05-24 08:09:05.314 Error, ERROR: Failed to open serial port /dev/bus/usb/001/009

2016-05-24 08:09:05.314 Warning, WARNING: Failed to init the controller (attempt 0)

Suggestions?

I figured it out.

I checked the log of the unRAID box while unplugging and pluggin in the USB stick.  It is calling it /dev/ttyACM1.  So I add the command:

--device /dev/ttyACM1

and then to the .yaml I put theh path as such, and it now notices "Light", the one thing connected to my Z-Wave Stick.

But I still can't control it.  If I try to hit the toggle switch, it won't budge. I looked at the OZW_Log and I'm seeing some new errors:

2016-05-24 09:30:16.152 Error, Node002, ERROR: Dropping command because node is presumed dead

2016-05-24 09:30:16.152 Detail, Node002, Removing current message

2016-05-24 09:30:16.152 Error, Node002, ERROR: Dropping command because node is presumed dead

2016-05-24 09:30:16.152 Detail, Node002, Removing current message

2016-05-24 09:30:16.220 Info, Node002, Value::Set - COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL - Level - 0 - 1 - c

2016-05-24 09:30:16.220 Info, Node002, SwitchMultilevel::Set - Setting to level 99

2016-05-24 09:30:16.220 Detail, Node002, Queuing (Send) SwitchMultilevelCmd_Set (Node=2): 0x01, 0x0a, 0x00, 0x13, 0x02, 0x03, 0x26, 0x01, 0x63, 0x25, 0x51, 0xd7

2016-05-24 09:30:16.220 Detail, Node002, Queuing (Send) SwitchMultilevelCmd_Get (Node=2): 0x01, 0x09, 0x00, 0x13, 0x02, 0x02, 0x26, 0x02, 0x25, 0x52, 0xb6

2016-05-24 09:30:16.221 Error, Node002, ERROR: Dropping command because node is presumed dead

2016-05-24 09:30:16.221 Detail, Node002, Removing current message

2016-05-24 09:30:16.221 Error, Node002, ERROR: Dropping command because node is presumed dead

2016-05-24 09:30:16.221 Detail, Node002, Removing current message

Could it possibly be because it is out of range?  In a straight line it's less than 15 feet, but it is one floor below...

I moved the device upstairs to check.

I'm getting incredibly inconsistent results.

Sometimes it will work.  Other time it says it's on when it's off. or vice versa.

The devices are in a straight line of sight, 15 feet away.

GE Dimmer to Z-Wave Stick.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

From testing a few other Home Automation Dockers, I can say for certain that Home-Assistant was the worst when it came to Z-Wave connectivity unfortunately.

Unless there was something I was missing, I had to keep the USB stick just feet away from the device for it to register.

Quite unfortunate since the GUI and backed programming seemed to be quite promising.

I will have to give openHAB a shot.  Home genie is working well for now.

From testing a few other Home Automation Dockers, I can say for certain that Home-Assistant was the worst when it came to Z-Wave connectivity unfortunately.

Unless there was something I was missing, I had to keep the USB stick just feet away from the device for it to register.

Quite unfortunate since the GUI and backed programming seemed to be quite promising.

I will have to give openHAB a shot.  Home genie is working well for now.

Interesting. I'm not familiar with setting up zwave devices, but I would assume the software has nothing to do with the controller's connectivity with your lights, unless the software is responsible for setting the transmit signal strength. You say homegenie is working well - is that also in a docker? Have you tried running home-assistant natively on another machine?

Home Genie does have a docker, and I was able to get it running pretty easily from the furthest part of my house.  Home-Assistant would not comply at this distance.  Even when I lugged my server upstairs to test, it was spotty at best unfortunately.

I'm working on testing openHAB now, but am having trouble with the GUI.  I'm sure  if I scour this thread long enough I will find something...

Any chance there could be issues with docker and the python OZW library?  After doing some research, that's about all that's different between Home-Assistant and something like Home Genie and their implementation of Z-Wave.

Possibly. I haven't tried any of the zwave stuff yet, so my only suggestion would be to hop on the home assistant forum/gitter. They're really helpful and the gitter is a great place to get answers quickly.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

After i've updated redis, postgre and gitlab, gitlab doesn't run anymore.

I see in the docker log that it fails at the Migrating database... step

The docker just exists

I've started the dockers in the correct order redis, postgre and gitlab.

please help.

cya