[support] Bungy's docker repository

also is it in any way possible to take that appdata backup, set up a new docker with mysql and restore databases from appdata?
And last question how do i set the password for root while installing a new docker? or what is standard pw? i don't remeber what was going on, when i did it the frist time.

Yes, stop mysql docker. just rename your appdata folder for mysql and then restore the old data to the appdata folder

If you don't have the root password, there's no way I know of to recover it. That would be a huge security flaw.

When setting up the docker for the first time without any previous data, you set the environmental variable for MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD. If you still have that environmental variable set, it likely tells you the password you set up when you first started the docker.

You can also set MYSQL_USER, MYSQL_PASSWORD, and MYSQL_DATABASE to set up those parameters as well.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am trying to get ghost blog to start, but I am having user auth issues with mysql.

'ER_NOT_SUPPORTED_AUTH_MODE: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client'

Does anyone have any thoughts on fixing this issue?

[2018-08-18 00:33:03] [31mERROR[39m
[31m
[31mNAME: RollbackError[39m
[31mCODE: ER_NOT_SUPPORTED_AUTH_MODE[39m
[31mMESSAGE: ER_NOT_SUPPORTED_AUTH_MODE: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client[39m

[37mlevel:[39m[37mnormal[39m

[37mOuterError: The server has encountered an error.[39m

[37mRollbackError: ER_NOT_SUPPORTED_AUTH_MODE: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
at RollbackError.KnexMigrateError (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/knex-migrator/lib/errors.js:7:26)
at new RollbackError (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/knex-migrator/lib/errors.js:32:26)
at /var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/knex-migrator/lib/index.js:212:23
at tryCatcher (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:512:31)
at Promise._settlePromise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:569:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:614:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:689:18)
at Async._drainQueue (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:133:16)
at Async._drainQueues (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:143:10)
at Immediate.Async.drainQueues (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:17:14)
at runCallback (timers.js:810:20)
at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:768:5)
at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:745:5)

Error: ER_NOT_SUPPORTED_AUTH_MODE: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

at Handshake.Sequence._packetToError (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/sequences/Sequence.js:52:14)
at Handshake.ErrorPacket (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/sequences/Handshake.js:130:18)
at Protocol._parsePacket (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:279:23)
at Parser.write (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Parser.js:76:12)
at Protocol.write (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:39:16)
at Socket.<anonymous> (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/mysql/lib/Connection.js:103:28)
at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
at Socket.emit (events.js:211:7)
at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:263:12)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:250:11)
at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:208:10)
at TCP.onread (net.js:597:20)
--------------------
at Protocol._enqueue (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:145:48)
at Protocol.handshake (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:52:23)
at Connection.connect (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/mysql/lib/Connection.js:130:18)
at /var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/mysql/index.js:109:18
at Promise._execute (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/debuggability.js:303:9)
at Promise._resolveFromExecutor (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:483:18)
at new Promise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:79:10)
at Client_MySQL.acquireRawConnection (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/mysql/index.js:104:12)
at create (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:283:23)
at tryPromise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:366:22)
at tryPromise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/tarn/lib/utils.js:57:20)
at Promise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:366:5)
at Promise._execute (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/debuggability.js:303:9)
at Promise._resolveFromExecutor (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:483:18)
at new Promise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:79:10)
at callbackOrPromise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/1.25.5/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:357:10)[39m
[39m
[90m[39m
[2018-08-18 00:33:36] [31mERROR[39m
[31m
[31mNAME: RollbackError[39m
[31mCODE: ER_NOT_SUPPORTED_AUTH_MODE[39m
[31mMESSAGE: ER_NOT_SUPPORTED_AUTH_MODE: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client[39m

[37mlevel:[39m[37mnormal[39m

• 3 weeks later...

Not a lot of activity here but will ask anyway.  Is anyone using NZBgetVPN with PIA and getting download speeds above 10MB/sec (assuming you have a faster internet and news host connection) since the change to PIA's port forwarding capabilities?  If so, which server are you specifying?  I can only get faster speeds now by disabling VPN service. Thanks.

On 8/18/2018 at 7:09 AM, Snipe3000 said:

Has anyone been able to get email to work on GitLab? Mind sharing the secret sauce? I unable to add any users because the email verification doesn't get sent.

Set the environmental variables such as this:

- [email protected]
- SMTP_HOST=smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP_PORT=587
- [email protected]
- SMTP_PASS=yourpassword
- SMTP_STARTTLS=true
- SMTP_AUTHENTICATION=login

8 minutes ago, betaman said:

Not a lot of activity here but will ask anyway.  Is anyone using NZBgetVPN with PIA and getting download speeds above 10MB/sec (assuming you have a faster internet and news host connection) since the change to PIA's port forwarding capabilities?  If so, which server are you specifying?  I can only get faster speeds now by disabling VPN service. Thanks.

I'm getting right at 10 MB/sec also. This *shouldn't* be using the port forwarding capabilities, but I'll double check to make sure it's not doing that setup.

On 9/4/2018 at 6:43 PM, betaman said:

Ok, thanks. What server did you specify for PIA? I found US-Midwest to be the fastest one for my connection.

Try setting the environmental variable STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=no . That gets rid of the port forwarding, which was only really in place for binhex's arch-delugevpn docker container. I did that and doubled my speed. I'm currently using US-east. I haven't tweaked which one will give me the best results and just picked the one closest to me.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:54 AM, Bungy said:

Try setting the environmental variable STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=no . That gets rid of the port forwarding, which was only really in place for binhex's arch-delugevpn docker container. I did that and doubled my speed. I'm currently using US-east. I haven't tweaked which one will give me the best results and just picked the one closest to me.

Did you add this to the latest container or do I need to create the variable first? I don’t see it currently. Thanks.

Did you add this to the latest container or do I need to create the variable first? I don’t see it currently. Thanks.
I'm planning on adding it to the container, but I have not yet. You're better off adding it to the container directly

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Micah1 said:

Really great work Bungy. For the nzbget container, do you know if privoxy will work with it (as it does in the bin hex version)?

Yeah, it works the same way. Just set VPN_ENABLED=<yes|no> 

Edited by Bungy
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had this nzbgetvpn container working for a while but it recently started failing to load.  

To be more specific I think its successfully starting, as I can occasionally get to the webui for a few seconds.  But it appears to be in a loop either crashing or something but I don't see much in the logs other than this repeating every 30 seconds.

2018-11-30 09:38:43,621 DEBG 'nzbget-script' stdout output:
[info] Nzbget not running
[info] Attempting to start Nzbget...

2018-11-30 09:38:43,629 DEBG 'nzbget-script' stdout output:
[info] Nzbget started

2018-11-30 09:39:13,765 DEBG 'nzbget-script' stdout output:

2018-11-30 09:39:13,772 DEBG 'nzbget-script' stdout output:
[info] Nzbget started

2018-11-30 09:39:43,911 DEBG 'nzbget-script' stdout output:

2018-11-30 09:39:43,920 DEBG 'nzbget-script' stdout output:
[info] Nzbget started

I've attached the full log as well.

Anyone have any ideas what might be happening here or what else I can check?

log.rtf

4 hours ago, snowmirage said:

I've had this nzbgetvpn container working for a while but it recently started failing to load.  

To be more specific I think its successfully starting, as I can occasionally get to the webui for a few seconds.  But it appears to be in a loop either crashing or something but I don't see much in the logs other than this repeating every 30 seconds.

2018-11-30 09:38:43,621 DEBG 'nzbget-script' stdout output:

2018-11-30 09:38:43,629 DEBG 'nzbget-script' stdout output:
[info] Nzbget started

2018-11-30 09:39:13,765 DEBG 'nzbget-script' stdout output:

2018-11-30 09:39:13,772 DEBG 'nzbget-script' stdout output:
[info] Nzbget started

2018-11-30 09:39:43,911 DEBG 'nzbget-script' stdout output:

2018-11-30 09:39:43,920 DEBG 'nzbget-script' stdout output:
[info] Nzbget started

I've attached the full log as well.

Anyone have any ideas what might be happening here or what else I can check?

log.rtf

Spent a few hours today trying to dive deep into this to see what might be going on.

It appears that the script in /home/noboday/nzbget.sh is what is kicking off the startup of nzbget

In there it's doing a check to see if nzbget is running using "pgrep -x nzbget" seems like that makes sense.

I started watching htop to see if the later command to start nzbget actually shows up in the process list.

What seems odd to me is it shows up a LARGE number of times.

Here is htop while we are hitting the sleep for 30 second time in the loop in /home/nobody/nzbget.sh

image.png.adad3fbf126231bcd030114732a8cdf7.png

Then every 30 seconds or so it seems to try to restart nzbget and I see lots of processes for /usr/bin/nzbget -D -c /config/nzbget.conf start up?  Maybe this is normal I don't know?

image.png.01318c16346312ad66ae08fad4c97c49.png

These are probably a little easier to read

image.thumb.png.62522e4038ccd41194da831d7a35f165.png

image.thumb.png.81bf0f5dca48daeb521b0f09f796fd9b.png

I'm still trying to figure out if and where there are logs for that nzbget start up command.  Maybe if I can find them they'll give me a better idea whats going on but no luck so far.

Still can't find the exact issue but I've narrowed it down to something in the mounted /data path

If I start up a new fresh container with all the same settings including a copy of my nzbget.conf file as well as my openvpn files but change the location of that /data path in the docker config.  Then nzbget runs and I don't see the above errors.

Error reading diskstate for history
Error reading diskstate for download queue and history

I think I came across a post about those errors happening when there were zero size files some place due to a crash.  Looking into that next.

• 4 weeks later...

nzbgetvpn is giving the following error: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint nzbgetvpn (d33975b9767d5da5b947041d7e16a98c6486eaed978724af4f4dd55039d37382): Bind for 0.0.0.0:6789 failed: port is already allocated

I had it all up and running using it fine for over a month and then all the sudden it was downloading and froze so I tried to restart the container and it wouldn't so I finally just ended up restarting the whole server but it would not come up so I removed and readded the container but that's the message I get.

Thanks much!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thanks for this! it is (hopefully) what I am looking for 🙂

I am currently using DelugeVPN using my credentials file & login, can I use the same credentials file & login similtaneously with this docker as well?  After looking at the log it seems to be logged in via VPN, cannot find a way of testing or wether or not dual logins are allowed with PIA?

Great Work!

10 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Hi,

Thanks for this! it is (hopefully) what I am looking for 🙂

I am currently using DelugeVPN using my credentials file & login, can I use the same credentials file & login similtaneously with this docker as well?  After looking at the log it seems to be logged in via VPN, cannot find a way of testing or wether or not dual logins are allowed with PIA?

Great Work!

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/how-many-devices-can-i-use-simultaneously-while-connected-to-the-vpn-service

• Like 1