Can't access shares

I've had a problem creep up out of nowhere that I can't seem to resolve. I have a number of SMB shares that have been working for years. Out of the blue, for no reason that I can think of, I am unable to access them. I can browse the file structure from the Unraid web interface but I cannot access remotely. I have tried from various Windows and Apple workstations but nothing. One thing that I find interesting is that I am unable to make any changes to the share itself. For example, I cannot change the export pull down option. Whatever I choose reverts to the previous setting when I select 'apply'.

Looking for some guidance here as this is a big problem.

So I have run some diagnostics from a Windows machine and it is telling me the remote device or resource won't accept the connection. I'm at a loss, not sure where to  go from here. The user settings are extremely basic through the web gui in that I cannot view any of the permissions. The shares themselves are configured for public access so this shouldn't be the problem.

I've had a problem creep up out of nowhere that I can't seem to resolve. I have a number of SMB shares that have been working for years. Out of the blue, for no reason that I can think of, I am unable to access them. I can browse the file structure from the Unraid web interface but I cannot access remotely. I have tried from various Windows and Apple workstations but nothing. One thing that I find interesting is that I am unable to make any changes to the share itself. For example, I cannot change the export pull down option. Whatever I choose reverts to the previous setting when I select 'apply'.

Looking for some guidance here as this is a big problem.

Try putting your flash drive into your windows box, and run chkdsk on it.  It may be set to be read only

Archived