SMB3 support (SAMBA 4.0)

Folks,

Would love to see SMB3 support via SAMBA 4. 

I see most of the COTS NAS units are moving to SMB3 (Synology & Asustor in beta, QNAP), and I really like the added performance thanks to reduced overhead, especially to wireless clients.

Should be a pretty trivial upgrade?

Nothing with unraid ever is trivial.

• 8 months later...

Folks,

I see most of the COTS NAS units are moving to SMB3 (Synology & Asustor in beta, QNAP), and I really like the added performance thanks to reduced overhead, especially to wireless clients.

+1 for this.  SMB between Windows clients and unRAID seems to be very unreliable.

Folks,

+1 to this, even more so if it fixes the Windows 10 SMB2&SMB3 issue that is causing issues for many users.

I hated that I had to go to cmd on Windows to disable SMB2 and SMB3 just to get Unraid working like it used to....I would love to be able to undo that change and have the same performance.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a feedback loop on this to know if it's been accepted, or at least being considered?  I really like unRAID, but the SMB is so unreliable it is hard on me.  Sometimes I have to click on the unraid share 5 or 6 times before it finally works (says "not found" several times, then will suddenly start working).

Is there a feedback loop on this to know if it's been accepted, or at least being considered?  I really like unRAID, but the SMB is so unreliable it is hard on me.  Sometimes I have to click on the unraid share 5 or 6 times before it finally works (says "not found" several times, then will suddenly start working).

FWIW, I think my SMB issues were caused by a bad NIC or bad NIC driver.

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, I think my SMB issues were caused by a bad NIC or bad NIC driver.

That's actually pretty shocking to me, because based on your discrption I would have assumed it was the problem I was having prior to disabling the SMB 2&3 client on my Windows PC. (Forcing it to use SMB 1)