[SOLVED] LVM KVM?

Solved,

KVM support LVM passthru

example

< disk type='block' device='disk' >

< source dev='/dev/vgpool/test'/ >

you need to create manually the LVM struct from unraid

The Drive is OUT of the array, SNAP plugin  Not support LVM I think.

Work well but performance it's not improved :(

• 7 months later...

Any chance to see this in upcoming releases ?

Meh, I played with LVM and was not impressed at all. Doubt we will include official support for it any time soon.  If someone can prove / show a use case for it, we could consider working on it, but for now, it seems like a lot of work to test and maintain with very little real benefit.  There are tons of things we COULD do with VM storage, but why should we when there are other areas needing much more attention.

Meh, I played with LVM and was not impressed at all. Doubt we will include official support for it any time soon.  If someone can prove / show a use case for it, we could consider working on it, but for now, it seems like a lot of work to test and maintain with very little real benefit.  There are tons of things we COULD do with VM storage, but why should we when there are other areas needing much more attention.

Like SSD Performance  ;D

Like SSD Performance  ;D

?  How so. My tests didn't show that and when multiple VMs are in an LVM, I don't think it scales very well. Plus, shouldn't you just buy an SSD?

Like SSD Performance  ;D

?  How so. My tests didn't show that and when multiple VMs are in an LVM, I don't think it scales very well. Plus, shouldn't you just buy an SSD?

Sorry, I was implying that SSD performance should be further up the list of 'things to do' than LVM support.

I have now added my 2:nd SSD and use that as LVM volume, I used dd to migrate a exixting VM from my  SSD-1 to the LVM on SSD-2

Question are how to do a performance test for these 2 VM ?

root@Tower:~# lvscan
  ACTIVE            '/dev/vm-disk/OSX' [90.00 GiB] inherit
  ACTIVE            '/dev/vm-disk/Backup' [15.00 GiB] inherit

root@Tower:~# pvdisplay
  --- Physical volume ---
  PV Name               /dev/sdm1
  VG Name               vm-disk
  PV Size               119.24 GiB / not usable 3.34 MiB
  Allocatable           yes
  PE Size               4.00 MiB
  Total PE              30525
  Free PE               3645