Unraid with plex media server and Mac

I recently purchased a Mac mini and noticed that after a period of time my Unraid disks are no longer recognized by plex. Plex shows my movie library but will not play as it says the file cannot be found and says to make sure the disk is mounted.

When building the library it would not see the disks without me manually opening and navigating the discs through Finder and it seems as if they unmount at some point throughout the day.

I thought I red about this issue somewhere before but I do not know exactly why to search for so I could not find it again. 

If anyone can help me keep my server mounted and read me for  prolonged period of time I would be corever grateful. Thank you.

I have tried running plex directly off the unraid server but it is not powerful enough to transcode multiple streams.  It also never found my entire library's metadata.  Not sure what was up but it seemed to take forever to load. It's a low power server. Intel atom d510, passively cooled, 2gb memory.

I used to run it off a windows based htpc and it worked great and I recently upgraded to the Mac.  When it sees the drives it works well but it seems to stop seeing them after some time

• 2 months later...

Bit of a dumb question but, have you checked your power saving settings on the Mac? If you have "put hard drive to sleep when this Mac goes to sleep". This will unmount your discs when Mac goes to sleep? It happened to me when I was using a Mac and a Drobo.

Now got a dedicated server.