Boot failed: Failed to load ldlinux.c32 - HELP!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

???:-[

Have you tried to to boot that flash drive on another computer?  (Doing this would hurt anything on the computer you try it on.  When unRAID does not recognize the hardware, it just sits there with the GUI running and waiting for you to assign the drives it does finds.)  Just DON'T assign any drives!!!!!

Long ago I remember a lot of issues booting from USB sticks. It was suggested to use the HP format tool, which you will find if you do a bit of googling. Formatting the disk with the HP format tool fixed boot problems. Maybe a long shot but worth a try.

friends friends thier is progress!!

i try with HP tool, after i try it - its work on my laptop the bot, so i try on the computer. its boot!!

but new problem!!

its say - wellcome to linux.........bla bla....

tower login?

i put "root"

than its wrote - root@tower:

how i keep going from here to the main window? what i need to do?

wow' its like chines for me, and i just start to use mac... :D

ok some beginner questions before i give up because its look complicated:

1. the nas computer - the main window need to look like "DOS" commands window all the time?2

2. now its "root" user, how i change it?

3 add ons like plex and some others, where  i can find and how i instal?4

4. i add 2 HDD on the WEB unraid , how can i delete from there the stuff? their is special format of the DISK that i need to choose? like NTFS?FAT32?

5. i cant see the HDD on net share...

how i work with this? its not "clicks"? its commands?

thanks alot guys....really...i hope i will love it

i try with HP tool, after i try it - its work on my laptop the bot, so i try on the computer. its boot!!

but new problem!!

tower login?

i put "root"

You don't really use Unraid on in the conventional way you would use a desktop.  Boot your machine, don't login as root.

Then from another computer open a web browser and type

tower

That should bring up the gui.

If tower doesn't work then you need to work out your IP address and type that instead of tower.

An unraid machine doesn't require a monitor, keyboard or mouse to use.  It's just like a NAS.

1. the nas computer - the main window need to look like "DOS" commands window all the time?2

4. i add 2 HDD on the WEB unraid , how can i delete from there the stuff? their is special format of the DISK that i need to choose? like NTFS?FAT32?

You're getting way ahead of yourself at the moment with plugins. 

Take a look at the wiki and I recommend you read about preclear

The WIKI is quite long and you may want to jump to this point in it:

https://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Manual_6#Assigning_Devices_to_the_Array_and_Cache

That is where you are with with your server.  There is another WIKI entry for those people who are updating from ver 5 to ver 6.  It contains a lot of information on the GUI (Graphics User Interface) starting here:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6#Meet_the_new_GUI

Making many of the basic settings is also covered in the section that follows 'Meet the new GUI' one.

The WIKI is quite long and you may want to jump to this point in it:

https://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Manual_6#Assigning_Devices_to_the_Array_and_Cache

That is where you are with with your server.  There is another WIKI entry for those people who are updating from ver 5 to ver 6.  It contains a lot of information on the GUI (Graphics User Interface) starting here:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6#Meet_the_new_GUI

Making many of the basic settings is also covered in the section that follows 'Meet the new GUI' one.

Yeah, that's probably a bit more helpful, sorry I didn't really think that through!  Last time I helped someone at this stage I forgot about preclearing!  Luckily remembered before they got an array full of data!

but new problem!!

tower login?

i put "root"

You're welcome. :)

really thanks all the the help.

now, lets start.

1. reboot the main computer? i afraid (: until its work...

2 . than when its write me : "tower name" what to type?

3. again , i need to understand, the GUI of this computer will be the same like DOS? or its look like how i see it from WEB on anther computer?

4. thier is more easy guide that i can work with?

iam sure u understand how  i feel that i meet the first time thing like this after alot of year with WINDOWS  ::)

really thanks all the the help.

now, lets start.

1. reboot the main computer? i afraid (: until its work...

2 . than when its write me : "tower name" what to type?

3. again , i need to understand, the GUI of this computer will be the same like DOS? or its look like how i see it from WEB on anther computer?

4. thier is more easy guide that i can work with?

iam sure u understand how  i feel that i meet the first time thing like this after alot of year with WINDOWS  ::)

I think you misunderstand how unRAID is meant to work!

Most of the time it is run in headless mode without a monitor/keyboard attached and you manage and configure it using a browser on another system.  You point the browser at http://tower (by default) or the IP address assigned to the unRAID system.

If you DO have a monitor/keyboard attached then you can log in at the Linux level.  However the average user is not expected to do this.  The Linux level would only be used for users happy with the Linux command line and while troubleshooting.  It does NOT provide a way of configuring and managing the system unless you are VERY capable in Linux.

1. i instal this yesterday

2. again, i need to understnd, this is the GUI of the computer? i understood the GUI of \\tower - i saw it

3. why the HD on Parity is not to storge? i chose the biggest HD for that,  and now its not for storage?

4. its say that the parity disk is invalid data content, how i fix it?

thanks guys! ;D

ok i start to read,

this is how the screen that connect to the computer looks like, its need to be like this?

IMG_8530.jpg

also why i need to choose the largest HD for parity? and why its not for use for storage files?

Copy the from version 6 download, the 'go' file from the 'config' folder into the config folder on your Flash drive.  Then reboot the server.  (You are attempting to load what are probably ver 5 plugins and 99% of those plugins will NOT work properly with version6.)

You might want to call the computer on which you are running unRAID a 'server' and call the computer you are using to manage the server, 'computer'.  Thus your sentence :

"this is how the screen that connect to the computer looks like, its need to be like this?" 

Should read:

"this is how the screen that connect to the server looks like, its need to be like this?"

It helps the people who are trying to help you to keep things sorted out.