Boot failed: Failed to load ldlinux.c32 - HELP!!

1. i instal this yesterday

2. again, i need to understnd, this is the GUI of the computer? i understood the GUI of \\tower - i saw it

3. why the HD on Parity is not to storge? i chose the biggest HD for that,  and now its not for storage?

4. its say that the parity disk is invalid data content, how i fix it?

thanks guys! ;D

First thing, DON'T install anything until you get your server working.  You are a long way from that point.  ( I realize that English is a second language to you and you are probably having some problems figuring out what we are trying to tell you.  Please stay with us.  You have to understand how unRAID works before you can add anything to it!

Regarding the GUI.  The GUI is the tool that you are going to use to run your server.  You will have to understand what it does and how to use it.  (The photograph of the screen that you showed us---  you will not be using that to manage your server. Ignore it.  Turn it OFF for now!)

The Parity drive must be as a large (or larger) as the largest data because parity for the entire array is store there.  The parity for the last byte on your largest data drive will be written to the corresponding byte on the Parity drive.  As you can see this means that your Parity drive has be as big (or bigger) than any of the data drives.

The invalid data content on the parity drive should get fixed when you start the array.  Again, remember, as you assign drives, The Parity drive must be as large (or bigger) than the largest data drive. 

Read these two sections of the Version 6 Manual:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Manual_6#Assigning_Devices_to_the_Array_and_Cache

and

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Manual_6#Starting_the_Array_and_Formatting_Your_Devices

As I recall, the server will clear the data drives by writing zeros to every byte on all your drives.  This can take some time to complete.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

also why i need to choose the largest HD for parity? and why its not for use for storage files?

Because that is the way that parity works!  By its very nature it cannot be smaller than the disks it is protecting.

If you do not want a parity disk then you do not have to have one, but you will then lose data if any disk fails.

frank and the others that help me - yes, english is not my main language , i understand 100% from reading, the problem is the spelling and writing and explain my self  :D

but this is the situation and iam sure that we can handle with it good...

ok thanks, so u recommend me to unplug the screen + mouse + keyboard that connect to it? i dont need it anymore?

yes i understand - the GUI from my browser - with it i work.

i didnt understand what u mean about the UNMENU ? why to do reboot and what to do before with the UNMENU that i installed

so i put HD od 2TBon the parity, and 3 of 2TB+ 1TB+ 1TB on disk 1,2,3

its doing parity sync now - i hope the error of invalid will disappear after.

u talked something about copy from somewhere something and to change the name, i didnt understand the explanation, maybe its bacuse u want to show me that its hard to understand what i writing ::)

frank and the others that help me - yes, english is not my main language , i understand 100% from reading, the problem is the spelling and writing and explain my self  :D

but this is the situation and iam sure that we can handle with it good...

ok thanks, so u recommend me to unplug the screen + mouse + keyboard that connect to it? i dont need it anymore?

yes i understand - the GUI from my browser - with it i work.

i didnt understand what u mean about the UNMENU ? why to do reboot and what to do before with the UNMENU that i installed

so i put HD od 2TBon the parity, and 3 of 2TB+ 1TB+ 1TB on disk 1,2,3

its doing parity sync now - i hope the error of invalid will disappear after.

u talked something about copy from somewhere something and to change the name, i didnt understand the explanation, maybe its bacuse u want to show me that its hard to understand what i writing ::)

I suggested replacing the 'go' file in the 'config' directory with the 'go' file from the downloaded file from LimeTech because I wanted to stop unMENU from running until you are qualified to use it.  You don't need any plugin that unMENU is able to install at this point!   

That is the reason for the paragraph that reads  >>>>    "Copy the from version 6 download, the 'go' file from the 'config' folder into the config folder on your Flash drive.  Then reboot the server.  (You are attempting to load what are probably ver 5 plugins and 99% of those plugins will NOT work properly with version6.)"  <<<<    is that I am not sure what version unMENU you are installing.  Version 5 plugins will almost always cause problems when used with version 6.  Therefore, it would be best to have a clean install of version 6 for you at this point.  However, since you have started the array, don't do anything about it at this point.  Wait until the array is running normally. 

After you get your server running and you are comfortable using the GUI that comes built into unRAID, that is the time to be considering what additional packages you need for your server.  ("You want to be able to walk before you try to run" is an old expression in English.  It is also a good piece of advice.)  The GUI provides a way to install and manage version 6 Plugins.  You really want to be using that capability as it will prevent a lot of issues. 

thanks

1. after the parity sync will end i will do the "copy job" to delete the UNMENU

2. where i continue after the sync will over?

3. the pairty disk is like "raid 5" . if some HDD die, the media goes to the parity disk? nice

4. bitorrent, plex, and things like this, from where i install? from where i can study how to install things like this?

5. antivirus - the OS have?

6. how can i manage that plex (will instal on the computer) will see other computer on my homegroup and the TV with plex app will see the shares of that other computers on my home lan (like iomega nas that i have)

7. use docker? ot the plugins option?

3. the pairty disk is like "raid 5" . if some HDD die, the media goes to the parity disk? nice

Not strictly speaking.  If a disk fails then it is emulated using the combination of all the other data disks plus the parity disk.  For this emulation to work all the other disks must be working without error which is why a second disk failing can (potentially) cause data loss.

5. antivirus - the OS have?

No.    Normally you would have checked the files before adding them to a NAS device like unRAID.  If you really wanted to you could probably run an antivirus product in a VM but I do not think it is something people normally do.

thanks

4. bitorrent, plex, and things like this, from where i install? from where i can study how to install things like this?

6. how can i manage that plex (will instal on the computer) will see other computer on my homegroup and the TV with plex app will see the shares of that other computers on my home lan (like iomega nas that i have)

7. use docker? ot the plugins option?

While this WIKI is still a work in progress, you can begin your education here by reading the links:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6#Research_and_decision_making

and here, read just the section on Plugins:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6#Adding_software_to_your_server

Pay particular attention to this Statement:

"IMPORTANT! In version 6, plugins are intended to only be used as part of the basic NAS function. Anything which is unrelated to this core NAS functionality is intended to be installed either in a Docker Container or in a virtual machine (VM) environment, because they provide much better isolation and stability. If you choose, you can still install applications as plugins, but it is no longer recommended. For example, you can install Plex as a plugin, but what happens if it crashes? As a plugin, it will probably crash your unRAID server too. But if you had installed Plex in a Docker, then only the Container would be down, and could be restarted, while your unRAID NAS was unaffected! "

can i create the "appdata" share for dockers on the FLASH drive, or i have to create him on one of the HDD?

also i have to create a cache disk for this? its mean another HDD will not use a storage disk...

again, thanks for the help...i step by step start to understand the OS, its will take a time..but - your help very helpful

can i create the "appdata" share for dockers on the FLASH drive, or i have to create him on one of the HDD?

also i have to create a cache disk for this? its mean another HDD will not use a storage disk...

again, thanks for the help...i step by step start to understand the OS, its will take a time..but - your help very helpful

No - I believe it has to be on a HDD.

You do not have to have a cache drive for dockers, but you must give the path to a physical disk, not the user shares.  For example /mnt/cache/aoodata/docker.img or /mnt/disk1/appdata/docker.img are both valid locations.  /mnt/user/appdata/docker.img is not a valid path for storing the docker image.  I believe it could also be a disk that is mounted outside unRAID control but I am not certain of that.

Was that the question your were asking as I was not sure?