[?DEFECT] - FTP Server

I'm trying to get my box to run an FTP Server, I know there is the default one in network settings, but I've added a username and can't seem to connect, my plan B was to use the docker made by SlrG but I've had no luck getting that going either.

I was wondering if the reason I can't get the FTP Server docker running is because the native FTP Server is still running on Unraid, but I can't see a way to stop it.

So, I'd be grateful for any hints or ideas on where I'm going wrong, I don't really have any preference for the method I use as long as it works.

Thanks

I'm trying to get my box to run an FTP Server, I know there is the default one in network settings, but I've added a username and can't seem to connect, my plan B was to use the docker made by SlrG but I've had no luck getting that going either.

I was wondering if the reason I can't get the FTP Server docker running is because the native FTP Server is still running on Unraid, but I can't see a way to stop it.

From the unRAID V6 Manual, FTP section, "Users can connect via FTP if they are added to the FTP user(s) field on this page. If no users are added, the FTP service will not be started."

So apparently, the built in FTP service runs or doesn't run based on whether any users are listed in the user(s) field on the FTP settings page.  Try blanking it.

From the unRAID V6 Manual, FTP section, "Users can connect via FTP if they are added to the FTP user(s) field on this page. If no users are added, the FTP service will not be started."

So apparently, the built in FTP service runs or doesn't run based on whether any users are listed in the user(s) field on the FTP settings page.  Try blanking it.

Yeah, I saw that and it's now blank, but still running.  Even tried booting from my backup key to a blank config, was still running....

FyqrCD4.jpg

Yeah, I saw that and it's now blank, but still running.  Even tried booting from my backup key to a blank config, was still running....

Then it's time for a defect report, when you have time.  Quote how the manual implies it should behave, and what you have found.  I'd include in it how you are detecting that it is still running.

The glFTPd docker uses a different port (1337) than the internal vsftpd (21). So the reason it doesn't work can't be the port. Or at least not port 21. Could you describe your problems in the glFTPd docker thread? Maybe we can troubleshoot what is going wrong. Also I would recommend you try my ProFTPd plugin. That disables the internal vsftpd when installing so it can use the default ftp port 21.

The glFTPd docker uses a different port (1337) than the internal vsftpd (21). So the reason it doesn't work can't be the port. Or at least not port 21. Could you describe your problems in the glFTPd docker thread? Maybe we can troubleshoot what is going wrong. Also I would recommend you try my ProFTPd plugin. That disables the internal vsftpd when installing so it can use the default ftp port 21.

Already done mate, now problem solved using your docker.