error attempting to install serviio plugin

No matter which version I try to install I get the same error :Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/boot/plugins/serviio-1.4-1jr-cache.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

xml parse error

I am not experienced with linux , all I did was copy the text of the plugin to a text editor and save with the appropriate file name and extension. As all variations used came up with same error I have come to the conclusion that I have not saved file in correct format .

can anyone assist - I have seen the same query in the dedicated serviio plug in thread - however there was no response to the person asking for help with the error .

Thanks , I have notepad ++ , what settings do I need to use to format correctly ? I have tried end of line conversion - nothing changed in appearance. all I do is copy and paste from the link in this thread : http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19791.0  , into a text editor and save. I changed the end of line mode - ( did not appear to change the visible formatting ) - got same result