[DOCKER] Containers are missing after reboot

Was trying to add a container, that sort of got stuck doing nothing. And I couldn't even access web ui. So I rebooted from command (have powerdown script installed). After reboot, docker tab went missing. So I followed the steps in this thread, in that I disabled docker from settings, and re enabled using a larger docker image size. Now all except 2 of my docker containers are showing as orphaned! :(

How to salvage the situation?

While it got "stuck", the container was trying to autoupdate.  Net result is that the docker.img wound up getting corrupted.

Either delete docker.img, or (since it looks like its working ok on the 2 images) delete those 2 orphaned images, then re-add the containers using the my* templates, and you'll be back up and running the same as before

• 7 months later...

Docker tab went missing again. Deleted the docker image completely. Created a new larger one. Started adding "my" dockers one by one. First one downloaded a lot of stuff and added fine. Second one gave a message like "already exists" and got over in a hurry and gave the message "command successfully finished". But the docker is stopped on the dockers page and I can't get it to start.

Docker tab went missing again. Deleted the docker image completely. Created a new larger one. Started adding "my" dockers one by one. First one downloaded a lot of stuff and added fine. Second one gave a message like "already exists" and got over in a hurry and gave the message "command successfully finished". But the docker is stopped on the dockers page and I can't get it to start.

unRaid 6.1.x has a nasty habit of saying command finished successfully when in actuality there is an error message above it.  You really have to post the screen shot of that, and possibly the diagnostics

• 1 month later...

I am strongly considering moving this thread to Docker support (Docker Engine), because it doesn't really fit here, any more.  Any comments or objections?

Certainly never clear there was a defect, it was for an old beta, and the followup posts seemed to go off in different directions. Whether it should be moved or just marked solved and locked I don't know.