[support] gfjardim's Docker Repository

For those having issues getting Cloud Print to work in the CUPS docker... Here's how I got it all going:

1. Add your printer in the WebUI
  2. ssh into your unRAID box
  3. run the following command to log into your CUPS docker. If you've renamed the docker, replace CUPS with your new image name
    docker exec -t -i CUPS /bin/bash
  4. run the following command to start up the cloudprint service and attach it to your Google account: 
    ./etc/service/cloudprint/run
  5. This will give you a URL to use to link the Printer to your Google account. Copy/paste it into your local browser and follow the directions
  6. Once linked, go back to your ssh session... Press control-C and type exit
  7. Restart your docker.
  8. Print to celebrate
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12.3.2017 at 2:57 AM, NNate said:

For those having issues getting Cloud Print to work in the CUPS docker... Here's how I got it all going:

thanks a ton for that - just in time (for me) & works perfectly!

a note for users with tight FW policies: this requires outgoing connections from the unraid box on tcp port 5223 (XMPPS), but that's already all it needs :)

Edited by t3
  • 2 weeks later...

Just installed the CUPS Docker and got it configured. AirPrint is working but for some reason I can only print in grayscale. No other options are available in the printer configuration. What am I missing? It's a Xerox Phaser 6180N printer and I don't have any trouble with color printing except when using this docker.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having some issues using an ACD mounted by rClone as my backup location. When I try to setup a local folder backup pointed to the ACD mount, I get an error "The backup engine does not have access to the given location."

I have the mappings as follows:

/Amazon/  /mnt/disks/amazon/   <<-- This is the folder I'm pointing to in the crashplan gui
/unassigned  /mnt/disks/
/config  /mnt/user/appdata/CrashPlan
/mnt/user  /mnt/user
/backup  /mnt/user/Backup/

In the docker settings, I set the Access mode to RW/slave as suggested by Fix Common Problems, and have turned on the Privileged setting as well. Seems to have no effect.

The /mnt/disks/amazon/ folder is mapped and accessible by other dockers like Krusader and can write to it fine. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Bayank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am not able to find any topics on this which makes me think I'm doing something VERY wrong.  I installed the CUPS docker and attempted to get to the gui.  it prompts for a user and password (which sorta surprised me) so I figured I would root.

Doesn't work.  tried any ID I have on the server and none of them work.

Can someone please tell me what the heck I am doing wrong???

Thanks in advance.

Al

5 minutes ago, althoralthor said:

I am not able to find any topics on this which makes me think I'm doing something VERY wrong.  I installed the CUPS docker and attempted to get to the gui.  it prompts for a user and password (which sorta surprised me) so I figured I would root.

Doesn't work.  tried any ID I have on the server and none of them work.

Can someone please tell me what the heck I am doing wrong???

Thanks in advance.

Al

edit the container, and you can change both the default admin user name and password.  

Edited by Squid

I think I posted this last question in the wrong thread.  sorry about that.  Here it is..

I am clearly a newb....So I have CUPS loaded and am able to install my USB printer.  I chose to share printer.

Now,  I am trying to add the printer to my laptop using this link:  https://zedt.eu/tech/windows/installing-an-ipp-printer-in-windows-10/ but am not sure what the printer name should be.  I have tried http://IP address:631 and when it prompts me to login when I hit browse, I can enter the CUPS ID and password but it does NOT show any printers listed.  What is the "share name" of the printer?  I have a queue name but its pretty large and when sharing the printer I don't see how to choose a more friendly share name.

I also need to setup google cloud print, but am thinking first things first...

Anyone able to give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance

Al

• 2 weeks later...

This is for the Crashplan Docker

What is the preferred backup path everyone is using to be able to restore your array? Right now I'm using /mnt/user/ will that be enough to restore my array to a new empty (with enough space) unraid installation with the crashplan docker installed? Or am I missing some config files needed? 

Edited by diditstart
  • 3 weeks later...

If this is the wrong place for this post, please let me know, but I"m curious as to how Code32's announcement will affect the docker and future support:

https://www.crashplan.com/en-us/consumer/nextsteps/

Effective August 22, 2017, Code42 will no longer offer new – or renew – CrashPlan for Home subscriptions, and we will begin to sunset the product over several months.
CrashPlan for Home will no longer be available for use starting October 23, 2018.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to gfjardim for creating the CUPS docker! I’m trying to get it working with a brother HL1210W printer.

I have downloaded the CUPS .deb driver package from the brother website and placed this into the CUPS/brother/ folder.

The printer itself is on my network wirelessly. I know the IP and have put the following network path into CUPS:

lpd://internalIP/binary_p1

I have then selected the HL1210W CUPS driver which appears as a result of me having downloaded the driver file - note the printer name appears twice in the driver list for some reason. Selecting either of these does not work.

This is as described on the brother website on how to configure the printer for use with CUPS.

On trying to print a test page I get a ‘filter failed’ error. I can’t determine what is causing this as I seem to have followed all the instructions!

To test this, I have tried running with one of the other brother drivers (HL2140). When printing the test page with this driver selected it sends the test page, the printer light blinks 3 times, nothing comes out and the job is marked as ‘Completed’ in CUPS.

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks,

Phil

Howdy all! A question concerning CUPS...

A total unraid & docker noob here... Has anyone had any success getting the CUPS docker working with a printer using the parallel port (LPT?)?. I've managed to get the usb printer going but I have an old Canon BJC5500 printer (A2) that I need and can't find a way to use. CUPS doesn't list neither of the three parallel ports I have on the machine, nor does it find the printer attached.

Would a more sensible route be to setup a WinXP VM and somehow pass-through the parallel port (card) to it? Can it be done? Since I can't find anything on getting the parallel port working on unraid (docker)... it seems that may be the route worth investigating.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Found out my old box doesn't support VT-d... So it's either this or RPi print server of some kind. Any chance anybody could/would want to help with this docker? 

Edited by sinbrkatetete
further explanation
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/12/2017 at 1:57 AM, NNate said:

1. Add your printer in the WebUI
  2. ssh into your unRAID box
  3. run the following command to log into your CUPS docker. If you've renamed the docker, replace CUPS with your new image name

docker exec -t -i CUPS /bin/bash
  4. run the following command to start up the cloudprint service and attach it to your Google account: 

./etc/service/cloudprint/run
  5. This will give you a URL to use to link the Printer to your Google account. Copy/paste it into your local browser and follow the directions
  6. Once linked, go back to your ssh session... Press control-C and type exit
  7. Restart your docker.
  8. Print to celebrate

Following the above guide I managed to connect my printer to Cloud Print, but my jobs are failing - any ideas?

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_config.sh...
usermod: no changes
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/01_config.sh...
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 21
Setting up watches.
Watches established.
Polling for jobs on Canon_MG6800_series
Establishing connection to xmpp server talk.google.com:5223
xmpp connection established
Job Google Cloud Print failed - Will retry

ERROR Google Cloud Print

Also, how do I add the printer to W10?  Do I need to add users to CUPS?  In windows I keep getting messages that I don't have enough permission to add my printer (https://192.168.50.74:631/printers/Canon_MG6800_series)

thanks in advance

Installing the Cloud print driver is probably the easiest way to print to it from Windows: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/cloudprintdriver

I was having trouble printing until I gave my printer a static IP address. CUPS would lose the printer over time otherwise. Maybe that would help? Beyond that, I'm not sure. You could try restarting the docker as well.

Edited by NNate
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so after finding, sharing etc the USB printer (in CUPS), i can no longer find it on my windows 7 computer connected to the same router as the unraid NAS!  

this is getting frustrating as it was working great till nothing was changed and then it stopped working...again...just stopped working!  

is there a step by step guide to set this up on UNRAID (like everything else)?  again, worked great till it didn't!  

Can we get a CUPS only FAQ?

Edited by miicar
update
  • Like 1