docker compose?

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ThisIsXO said:

I got docker-compose working perfectly by just using the linux install instructions from Docker's site.

That's not really the issue; It should come as part of the system so one doesn't have to do it by hand or rig up /boot/config/go.

Edited by daze
On 12/01/2018 at 7:08 AM, daze said:

That's not really the issue; It should come as part of the system so one doesn't have to do it by hand or rig up /boot/config/go.

You don't need to do anything. Docker compose isn't some complicated program it's a single binary file that you add somewhere in your $PATH and you're good to go.

The whole install is below.

sudo curl -L https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.18.0/docker-compose-`uname -s`-`uname -m` -o /usr/local/bin/docker-compose
sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/docker-compose

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to make a Composer UnRAID Docker template, but from what I have tried so far, it just shuts down after setting it up.

I only created a UnRAID template, somewhat, for a PHPMyAdmin Docker before.

And the Composer Docker is not giving me anything to work with in terms of errors.

Template:

qHRdYwp.png

Command:

w1Dqmcl.png

Console log:

XDCBwtO.png

And than it it just isn't running anymore, no error message, nothing.

Docker hub:

https://hub.docker.com/_/composer/

I tried to follow and convert it as I thought would be as accurate as possible, but it's likely I missed or misinterpreted something.

Anyone who tried to make a UnRAID Docker template for Composer yet, or perhaps could shine some light on what to do next?

Edited by Arndroid
2 hours ago, Arndroid said:

I want to make a Composer UnRAID Docker template, but from what I have tried so far, it just shuts down after setting it up.

I only created a UnRAID template, somewhat, for a PHPMyAdmin Docker before.

And the Composer Docker is not giving me anything to work with in terms of errors.

Template:

qHRdYwp.png

Command:

w1Dqmcl.png

Console log:

XDCBwtO.png

And than it it just isn't running anymore, no error message, nothing.

Docker hub:

https://hub.docker.com/_/composer/

I tried to follow and convert it as I thought would be as accurate as possible, but it's likely I missed or misinterpreted something.

Anyone who tried to make a UnRAID Docker template for Composer yet, or perhaps could shine some light on what to do next?

What does this have to do with this thread? Docker compose and the composer you are trying to get to work is not the same thing. 

On 1/12/2018 at 4:11 PM, ThisIsXO said:

You don't need to do anything. Docker compose isn't some complicated program it's a single binary file that you add somewhere in your $PATH and you're good to go.

sudo curl -L https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.18.0/docker-compose-`uname -s`-`uname -m` -o /usr/local/bin/docker-compose

I'm aware of how to install it. Again, the issue is that tool should be part of the image. If docker is included (obviously), then this tool should be too.

Edited by daze
Grammar
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/01/2018 at 1:11 AM, ThisIsXO said:

Won't it get wiped after reboot when placing it in /usr/local/bin ?

• 3 weeks later...

Any plans for this? Docker compose would be a much better way to handle multiple containers and would need less effort from the devs and maintainers and it opens up other options as well. 

I don't know if there are technical issues preventing this or there isn't enough demand?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, daze said:

Or make it available in the distro, to be consistent since the distro is installing Docker, and it should install part of the important tool as well since it is the right thing to do.

Well, docker-compose is really an alternative to dockerman that unraid developed. They are competing managers. 

And docker compose is really just a script. Perhaps it's better to add docker-compose to the nerd pack plugin?