Inexpensive hard drive cage

ehauk

I'm not sure what happened recently, but it seems that all the low cost hard drive cages have disappeared. I add storage about once a year so I don't mind opening the case and sliding a drive in. I was looking at the Rosewill RSV-Cage which is now gone from amazon and newegg. Previously I had my eye on some from xigmatech and cooler master, but those dropped off the face of the earth too. Does anyone know where I can find a 4 x 3 cage with a fan on the front in the $10 to $20 dollar range?

$10 to $20 ?? That's a VERY aggressive price range.

You may be able to buy a few on e-bay ... here's an auction with a min bid of $9.99 for the excellent CoolerMaster 4-in-3 unit:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cooler-Master-4-in-3-Device-Module-Cage-with-120mm-fan-fits-4-x-3-5-drives-/201328110255?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ee0172aaf

... No guarantee of just what it might sell for; but if you're lucky there may not be any competing bids

I agree it's getting difficult to find some of these cages that used to be readily available for $30 or so.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...