Delete contents and user share

Hi guys,

I have a user share which I created when testing Plex and now I'm no longer running plex I have decided to delete the share

Issue is, in windows explorer I right click and delete contents but the folder does not delete. The popup says deleting zero bytes and the folder remains

I've looked at the share in the unraid web gui but as the share indicates it's not empty I can't select delete

Any one have some ideas?

Ps. I'm running v6b12

Thanks

Adam

Thanks..

I'll try the telnet suggestion.

That's the thing, inside the share is a folder which i can't delete. From windows I right click delete but it doesn't actually delete. Although it says folder is zero bytes in size

So from the gui, it thinks it not empty an doesn't give me option to delete.

Thanks..

I'll try the telnet suggestion.

That's the thing, inside the share is a folder which i can't delete. From windows I right click delete but it doesn't actually delete. Although it says folder is zero bytes in size

So from the gui, it thinks it not empty an doesn't give me option to delete.

Yeah, that is often the case, when you run mc you'll be able to delete it, don't worry.

Thanks Sureguy and CHBMP..telnet worked a treat

Cheers

Next question tho, now that the share deleted,

Another "appdata" share was automatically created. I already have one I vreated earlier for docker.

Both are are not empty, both have security as public and both export. Except I can't see the new one from windows explorer.

Any ideas why/how the second one comes about?

Cheers

Cheers

Another "appdata" share was automatically created. I already have one I vreated earlier for docker.

Both are are not empty, both have security as public and both export. Except I can't see the new one from windows explorer.

Cheers

unRAID automatically creates a share if it finds a top-level folder.  One issue is that in Linux case is significant while Windows ignores it and this can lead to unexpected results sometimes.  You probably need to check each disk to see if you have appdata top level folders with different capitalization, and if found they need to be made to exactly match the share name you have set up..

Cheers

Cheers

unRAID automatically creates a share if it finds a top-level folder.  One issue is that in Linux case is significant while Windows ignores it and this can lead to unexpected results sometimes.  You probably need to check each disk to see if you have appdata top level folders with different capitalization, and if found they need to be made to exactly match the share name you have set up..

And if you intended appdata to be cache-only as I suspect, make sure you don't have it on any other drive.

All user shares including cache:

v /mnt/user

All user share except for cache:

v /mnt/user0

Cheers

Cheers

Thanks....Turned out it was the capital A. Once I changed this, all was good

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also having a problem removing shares.  I've looked for the case issue.  Not a problem.  When i clear either the appdata or plex share names (see screenshot), no delete share button and no apply are available...

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20150503-htpf-198kb

It's not necessary to clear the share name field. All that's required is for the share to be empty. The screenshot says it's not.

Ok, think I figured this out.  I had tried to delete the directory before I deleted the share.  You can't delete the share if the directory has been deleted.

Proper steps

1. delete all files in the share (but don't delete the share directory (i.e. \mnt\cache\appdata)

2. From webgui>shares>[sharename], verify that the share empty? is Yes.

3. There should be a delete button just below the share empty heading.  http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20150503-6ckn-42kb

4. Click done and the share is removed.

Or so I thought.  Clicking the Delete checkbox and then click done, DOES NOT delete the share...

What am I missing?

• Like 1

Looking at the v /mnt output, why are there two user directories?  user0 and user?

user0 is the contents of the array excluding any files which are currently residing on the cache drive

user is the contents of the array including all files which are currently on the cache drive

user is the user shares including any files that may still be on cache. user0 is the user share excluding any files that may still be on cache. The mover script basically does rsync from cache to user0. The reason I asked for that was to make sure the user share system was working correctly.

Instead of clicking Done, you have to click Delete. There is a reported defect that causes you to have to click the checkbox twice enable the Delete button.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I had this issue recently.  The root cause was that I had piHole installed and I modified my router to use piHole for DNS.  The errors showed that the TCP connection for Docker was trying to use a local IP address (192.168.1.52) which was a clue I had things configured wrong and thus Docker containers could not be downloaded from the repo.  I put my router back to default settings and everything was fixed right away.