unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta15-x86_64 Available

Download

Clicking 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page is the preferred way to upgrade.

Disclaimer: This is beta software.  While every effort has been made to ensure no data loss, use at your own risk!

Major highlights of this release:

* VM Manager: by eschultz and dmacias, an incredible piece of work!  Please refer to JonP's post for more information.  In this release the VM manager is for KVM only, but we plan to integrate with Xen as well, making use of great strides in the libvirt project.

* Preemptible kernel.  This should solve the 'RCU Timeout' errors seen by some h/w configurations.  Though additional overhead comes with a preemptible kernel, the general "response" will be much smoother, especially within VM's.  Some users may experience a slight decrease in parity sync/check times, let us know your results.

* Latest btrfs and btrfs-progs.  Though not yet perfect, btrfs pool handling is much improved.

We are near the end of the 6.0-beta series.  The -rc series will be very short, maybe one or two -rc releases and then we will release 6.0 and start on 6.1-beta.

Again, I want to extend a special Thanks to bonienl for his continued improvements to dynamix and to eschultz and dmacias for their efforts in the VM manager.

Keep an eye on this post for further information.

Note to Existing Users of the VM Manager Plugin

If you are using dmacias plugin for your VMs, you will need to remove this plugin before upgrading to beta 15 in order for the new VM manager to properly load.  If you didn't read this before upgrading, you can remove the plugin after updating, but will need to reboot your server once again for the built-in VM Manager to load.

In addition, one of the new features of the VM Manager is the ability to edit existing VM configurations without resorting to manual XML editing.  Doing so, however, will remove any customizations to your XML that deviate from the standards built into the VM Manager itself.  Therefore, if you have added any special XML to your VM and wish to modify it, you will need to do so exclusively with the XML editor.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just updated through the plugin page and rebooted. It's working except for the dashboard page, any ideas?

XBZfbfa.png

EDIT: I have the Dynamix web gui plugins installed - maybe those are not supported on this version yet?

mine did that on every page at first, a refresh and all was good.

I understood that we were supposed to remove the VM Manager plugin before upgrading. I did that, but I don't have a VM Manager tab anymore. There is a VM Manager in Settings, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. When I first used it, it had several things to fill in on the form, and an Enable VMs dropdown. After filling it out and hitting apply, now it doesn't have anything but the enable dropdown and no way to make further changes (not even an apply button), and still no VM Manager tab.

I played with VMs a little on earlier betas, but have not been using them lately, and didn't have any configured before the upgrade.

I have also rebooted after discovering this, and cleared browser cache (chrome), but no change.

Capture.JPG.f1b0aa42e48b0614fec7a10911629d55.JPG

Yeah another upgrade through  the GUI done without a hitch.

Only question i would have is I have never seen figured out why my dashboard shows this:

Memory size allocated 30,163 MB

installed 30720 MB (max. 6 GB)

Why does it say 6 Max????

You appear to have other webgui plugins installed. Please remove them. Then see of this issue is resolved after another reboot.

Removed all plugins, except Squid's Useful Links still shows on the plugins page despite not actually being on the Tools page anymore.

Rebooted, cleared browser cache, no change.

plugins.png.3781243a012bfe7bd35bcabb34d74ef6.png

VMmanager.png.403d5e021c084d45f15ff68ec07ca91d.png

You appear to have other webgui plugins installed. Please remove them. Then see of this issue is resolved after another reboot.

Removed all plugins, except Squid's Useful Links still shows on the plugins page despite not actually being on the Tools page anymore.

Obviously you found a bug in my uninstall routine.

EDIT:  Found it -> typo in the routine to remove the plugin.  Update available.

Are you booting into xen or kvm mode?

Are you booting into xen or kvm mode?

KVM

default /syslinux/menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology
prompt 0
timeout 50
label unRAID OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append intel_pstate=disable initrd=/bzroot
label unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode
label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest
label Xen/unRAID OS
  kernel /syslinux/mboot.c32
  append /xen dom0_mem=2097152 --- /bzimage --- /bzroot
label Xen/unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins)
  kernel /syslinux/mboot.c32
  append /xen dom0_mem=2097152 --- /bzimage --- /bzroot unraidsafemode

Hmm, anything odd in the log?

Maybe this

Apr 17 23:41:34 unSERVER logger: Starting libvirt
Apr 17 23:41:34 unSERVER logger: Starting libvirtd...
Apr 17 23:41:34 unSERVER logger: /usr/sbin/libvirtd: /usr/lib64/libvirt.so.0: version `LIBVIRT_PRIVATE_1.2.8' not found (required by /usr/sbin/libvirtd)

syslog.zip

Thanks for finding that bug in my uninstall routine.  An update is available, but you're going to have to delete /boot/config/plugins/useful_links.plg  and then reboot.  Nothing strange will happen if you don't (beyond not being able to reinstall the plugin since Dynamix thinks its still there).  The fixed plg file is already available