unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta15-x86_64 Available

Searched the thread for KVM and I didn't see this but I noticed on a reboot I lost all my KVM configs and had to set everything back up. The images themselves were still there but it's a pita to have to set up everything again in the VM tab. Anyone else see this?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean a bad download while checking for updates, not a bad download already on my system, right? Cause all of these are working fine, and checking for updates now does not produce any problems.

Usually between 12AM-6AM I have NZBget using up most of my bandwidth, but last night I intentionally did not due to the expected parity check, so don't know what might have caused a bad download.

Correct, the script which does the version checking needs to download the PLG files from github (actually from the location referenced inside the PLG file), and compare local and new to see whether versions have changed.

The bad download does not need to be necessarily from your side, could well have been github side ...

Searched the thread for KVM and I didn't see this but I noticed on a reboot I lost all my KVM configs and had to set everything back up. The images themselves were still there but it's a pita to have to set up everything again in the VM tab. Anyone else see this?

Maybe your flash is corrupt and they couldn't be saved.

ANOTHER off by one error concerning parity check.....

My parity check is set to execute at 12am last day of the month

At 12am April 30th, parity check started as expected - finishes without any errors

Last checked on Thursday, 04/30/2015, 02:29 PM (yesterday), finding 0 errors.
Duration: 14 hours, 29 minutes, 47 seconds. Average speed: 76.7 MB/sec

and AGAIN last night started another parity check at 12am which is in progress now as I type this message

Parity-Check in progress... Completed: 66 %.
Elapsed time: 10 hours, 29 minutes. Estimated finish: 4 hours, 29 minutes

crontab has:

# check parity on the first of every month at midnight:
0 0 1 * * /root/mdcmd check CORRECT 1>/dev/null 2>&1

UI has these settings https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17453506/parity%20settings.png

is the crontab stuff left over from previous UI versions?

I dont think I can stop this 2nd parity check and keep it clean correct?

Myk

I dont think I can stop this 2nd parity check and keep it clean correct?

You can stop a parity check anytime. Not sure what will be reported in the field for last parity check, but won't cause any other problems.

The GUI will report the last reference it can find in the syslog.

2. More worryingly, the last message on the monitor is "*** Error in '/usr/bin/php': Corrupted double-linked list: 0x00002b3b9d7ade58 ***

Apologies, but I've had a busy week and haven't been able to reinstall my unRaid v6b15 box and start a new topic logging everything.

However, my unRaid system had crashed twice in the last week, so it's been mainly running parity checks.  One of the crashes I took a photo of (couldn't get to any system logs - nothing on the network, but hopefully it might provide some insight).

I woke up this morning to find the above quoted error message on the screen again.  UnRaid is still running on my network, I can putty into it but the web interface doesn't seem to be up.

A brief outline of my system - I should have some time this weekend to strip it down and log everything properly: 2GB RAM, 12 x WD Green drives (mixture of 1 & 2 Tb) Gigabyte G33-DS3R motherboard with Supermicro 8 port SATA PCI card, Corsair PSU (can't recall which one without opening up - decent one though).

IMG_20150428_211401.jpg.1750679232d22e1a146783a05e04267a.jpg

2. More worryingly, the last message on the monitor is "*** Error in '/usr/bin/php': Corrupted double-linked list: 0x00002b3b9d7ade58 ***

Apologies, but I've had a busy week and haven't been able to reinstall my unRaid v6b15 box and start a new topic logging everything.

However, my unRaid system had crashed twice in the last week, so it's been mainly running parity checks.  One of the crashes I took a photo of (couldn't get to any system logs - nothing on the network, but hopefully it might provide some insight).

I woke up this morning to find the above quoted error message on the screen again.  UnRaid is still running on my network, I can putty into it but the web interface doesn't seem to be up.

A brief outline of my system - I should have some time this weekend to strip it down and log everything properly: 2GB RAM, 12 x WD Green drives (mixture of 1 & 2 Tb) Gigabyte G33-DS3R motherboard with Supermicro 8 port SATA PCI card, Corsair PSU (can't recall which one without opening up - decent one though).

I would suggest that you start your own thread under 'General Support' on the Version 6 Support area of the board.  Doing that will assist those trying to help you by keeping all of  the  posts together. 

I would suggest that you start your own thread under 'General Support' on the Version 6 Support area of the board.  Doing that will assist those trying to help you by keeping all of  the  posts together.

Definitely open up a separate thread for this.  And when you do also attach a couple of syslogs.  One from when you can get to the GUI, and another from when you can't (do it through putty) = http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Troubleshooting#Capturing_your_syslog

Upgraded from beta 5a to beta 15 yesterday, and I have to say I am impressed so far.  I had a few hiccups with the upgrade, which I documented on the support board, links below.  Hopefully nothing serious.  Great work LT.  Looking forward to some free time to start messing with some KVM VMs.

Initially I tried an upgrade, and the server booted with no network access at all, but somehow my VM was booted and running fine (weird).

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39568.0

Tried a fresh install and have reasonable success but the WebGUI died on my overnight.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39568.0

Had the exact same problem as you regarding the networking.

Came from beta 14b

Uninstalled VM plugin and rebooted

Updated to beta 15. Download took a long time and no indicator, just a white window. I checked /tmp and saw the zip file downloading

Rebooted. No network access

Hooked up a monitor, everything running smoothly, just no network activity. Ifconfig revealed that I had no network IP address, just loop back.

Turned off machine , plugged USB drive into my windows PC and restored the beta 14b backup

Booted 14b with no problems. Reinstalled VM manager

Guess I'll wait to beta 16 or a RC

Did you also make sure that libvirt plugin was not being loaded?    If you were on the latest KVM Manager plugin then it should already have been removed, but earlier releases of the KVM Manager plugin required it.

Did you also make sure that libvirt plugin was not being loaded?    If you were on the latest KVM Manager plugin then it should already have been removed, but earlier releases of the KVM Manager plugin required it.

Just looked, I don't seem to have it. /boot/config/plugins correct? Nothing with libvirt in there. (Beta 14b).

Just looked, I don't seem to have it. /boot/config/plugins correct? Nothing with libvirt in there. (Beta 14b).

No idea where it was stored.  I just look at the plugins page within the GUI to see what plugins are installed.

No idea where it was stored.  I just look at the plugins page within the GUI to see what plugins are installed.

It is not listed on the plugin page.

unRAID also automatically loads thing from /boot/plugins and /boot extra. Check those folders also. I reported an issue earlier in the thread which turned out to be because I had libvirt in /boot/extra.

unRAID also automatically loads thing from /boot/plugins and /boot extra. Check those folders also. I reported an issue earlier in the thread which turned out to be because I had libvirt in /boot/extra.

Thanks, I was not aware of the other two folder locations for plugins. /boot/plugins is an empty directory on my system and the folder /boot/extra does not exist. However, I also remembered I have some extra stuff in /boot/packages, but libvirt was not there. I then executed "find libvirt" in /boot, but nothing found. So it looks like no networking in beta15 has nothing to do with libvirt.

Thanks, I was not aware of the other two folder locations for plugins. /boot/plugins is an empty directory on my system and the folder /boot/extra does not exist. However, I also remembered I have some extra stuff in /boot/packages, but libvirt was not there. I then executed "find libvirt" in /boot, but nothing found. So it looks like no networking in beta15 has nothing to do with libvirt.

Run the following from the command line:

lspci -k

Look for Ethernet controller(s) (you may have more than one).  Look at the "Kernel driver in use" and report back. 

Look in in your MB manual and see what NIC is used on your board (or manufacturer's name model number if a plugin adapter is being used).

You would probably be better served if you open up a new thread under the 'General Support' of the version 6 Support area.

I don't seem to get notifications either, until I change a Notification setting and click Apply.  Mine is set to pop up, send email, and send PushBullet notifications, all of which work fine, once the notification system 'turns on'.

I noticed that the following line appears in the syslog after clicking the Apply button:

php: /usr/local/sbin/notify cron-init

It does not appear before this.

Just an idea, I have page refresh turned off, have a Refresh button top right that I use.  Is it possible the lack of the auto refresh is bypassing the notification system?

I think you may be on to it Rob. I applied the IT Crowd solution method ("have you tried turning it off and back on"). Tured it off, APPLY, turn it back on, APPLY... started getting them again. Maybe the initialization code need a look see? (it was on in 14b, 15 didn't pick up that it was on?)

I have a look into this, thanks for the feedback.

A bit more info, booted the server today, and many hours later not one notification.  I stopped the array, and immediately got a bunch!

Ok, I think I found the culprit. I have made a correction for the "false" temperature notifications and this issue is related to that same bug.

Next version has the correction.

Thanks for testing and reporting.

Is this safe to use on my main server? (I only use unmenu and screen and no other plugins.)

Since you are currently using your unRAID strictly as a NAS, what features of the beta are you interested in?

One good rule to follow when deciding to use a beta is whether you are interested enough to stay involved and current.

Is this safe to use on my main server? (I only use unmenu and screen and no other plugins.)

As LimeTech has said in the past when issues like filesystem corruption of RFS or BTRFS has happened, "We did say 'This is BETA software, use at your own risk!'".

So no. It is NOT safe to use.

I just want to stay current as you say.

If you follow the instructions here:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6

You can test drive version 6 and go back to 5.0.5 without a problem. 

For the features that you are interested in, 6b15 is stable.  There have been no reports of any data loss issues with 6b15 and reverting back to your old software is not a issue.  That said, there is a potential issue with on-board Realtek NIC's with low horsepower CPU steaming high-bit rate BluRay ISO's.  It has only affected a few people to date and if you encounter the issue, it could provide needed information to resolving the issue. 

The default file system for new drives with version 6 is XFS, so if you add a new drive while testing ver 6, be sure the change it to Reiser before you add one or you can't go back to ver 5!