unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta15-x86_64 Available

It looks as if for some reason the Linux level is taking a very long time to realize that the cache drive is present.  As a result it is not yet online when the array is first started.  Is there anything strange about the way it is connected?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just upgraded from 5.0.5 and got one question regarding the cache drive. When I boot up my server the array will start without my cache drive added. If I stop the array it will automatically find the cache drive, I do not need to do anything more than just to start the array and it will automatically add the cache drive. Is this how it's supposed to work in unraid 6 or is there something I can do about it? Just to make sure no files on the drive was the problem I reformatted the drive with the same result.

I've added my syslog! sdg is the cache drive.

Thank you in advance!

No that is not the way its supposed to work. Have you tried it on a different port or with a different cable?

It looks as if for some reason the Linux level is taking a very long time to realize that the cache drive is present.  As a result it is not yet online when the array is first started.  Is there anything strange about the way it is connected?

Thank you for your answers! The cable might be the problem, it's a really shitty esata -> sata cable to use the last port of my N36L. I will have to order another cable, will probably not get it before Friday but I'll let you know how it goes.... However it worked before upgrading to unraid 6, is it more sensitive than unraid 5?

Thank you for your answers! The cable might be the problem, it's a really shitty esata -> sata cable to use the last port of my N36L. I will have to order another cable, will probably not get it before Friday but I'll let you know how it goes.... However it worked before upgrading to unraid 6, is it more sensitive than unraid 5?

I suspect that it is just a coincidence.  It is a completely different Linux kernel version and it is 64-bit instead of 32-bit so it could just be a side-effect.

Well, I apologise in advance, but let's face it, it's inevitable....

When is beta 16 /RC1 going to be released?

;D

soon .......... ?

Yes, soon...

soonish*

some respect please,,,

it's too soon.

It's not like I said "Today".

This week, next week or later. Definitely soon :)

Well, I apologise in advance, but let's face it, it's inevitable....

When is beta 16 /RC1 going to be released?

;D

soon .......... ?

Yes, soon...

soonish*

*swoons*

Tomorrow is yesterday's day-after-tomorrow, or something like that.

For those who have been around here for a long time, the ONLY time we believe a release is "coming" is when it's actually available for download  :)

... and even then there's always a question about whether some drivers were forgotten in the build -- but at least when that happens Tom's VERY quick at releasing an "a" version with the missing drivers  8)

Good, fast, cheap - pick any 2.

Very similar to the principle of Money, Time, Kids... Pick only two.  ;D

You are mistaken, you can have the first two together but the latter stands alone.

That makes me sad, wife and I are just starting negotiations about the latter... notice I say negotiations not relations, in case you were wondering just how bad my forum addiction is.  ::)

Good, fast, cheap - pick any 2.

Very similar to the principle of Money, Time, Kids... Pick only two.  ;D

You are mistaken, you can have the first two together but the latter stands alone.

That makes me sad, wife and I are just starting negotiations about the latter... notice I say negotiations not relations, in case you were wondering just how bad my forum addiction is.  ::)

We did all the negotiations before marriage. We decided on money and time. Still didn't wind up with much.