unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta15-x86_64 Available

[Possible Bug]

I have an empty share, and when I click the "delete" checkbox to delete it, the "delete" button shows up as non-clickable.  If I uncheck and recheck then I can click it.

Sounds like a bug.  Will investigate.  Thanks for reporting!

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with only three devices - one parity and two data drives - one assigned to disk 2 and one assigned to disk 3. I get the following error. "Too many assigned devices or too many attachd devices."

I'm using this as a test server so I have shift drives in and out of the array structure.  I've tried to reassign the disks to disk 1 and disk 2, but still getting the same error.  I have a pro license (for my production server) but this is my test server where develop configurations setting.  please help.

-t

with only three devices - one parity and two data drives - one assigned to disk 2 and one assigned to disk 3. I get the following error. "Too many assigned devices or too many attachd devices."

I'm using this as a test server so I have shift drives in and out of the array structure.  I've tried to reassign the disks to disk 1 and disk 2, but still getting the same error.  I have a pro license (for my production server) but this is my test server where develop configurations setting.  please help.

-t

Do you have any non-array devices attached to this system?  You will need to unplug them before starting the array.

no -

Apr 23 23:00:39 Tower emhttp: array slots: 3

Apr 23 23:00:39 Tower emhttp: cache slots: 0

Please navigate your browser to the Tools page.  Then click on System Devices.  Please copy and paste what you have under the USB Devices and SCSI Devices section back here in the forum.

USB Devices

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 058f:6377 Alcor Micro Corp. AU6375 4-LUN card reader

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1908:0222 GEMBIRD

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

SCSI Devices

[0:0:0:0]    disk    Generic  Flash-Disk      1.05  /dev/sda

[1:0:0:0]    disk    Generic  USB SD Reader    1.00  /dev/sdb

[1:0:0:1]    disk    Generic  USB CF Reader    1.01  /dev/sdc

[1:0:0:2]    disk    Generic  USB SM Reader    1.02  /dev/sdd

[1:0:0:3]    disk    Generic  USB MS Reader    1.03  /dev/sde

[2:0:1:0]    disk    ATA      HDS722516VLAT80  A6MA  /dev/sdf

[5:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST3500630AS      M    /dev/sdg

[7:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD7500AACS-0 1B01  /dev/sdh

USB Devices

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 058f:6377 Alcor Micro Corp. AU6375 4-LUN card reader

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1908:0222 GEMBIRD

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

SCSI Devices

[0:0:0:0]    disk    Generic  Flash-Disk      1.05  /dev/sda

[1:0:0:0]    disk    Generic  USB SD Reader    1.00  /dev/sdb

[1:0:0:1]    disk    Generic  USB CF Reader    1.01  /dev/sdc

[1:0:0:2]    disk    Generic  USB SM Reader    1.02  /dev/sdd

[1:0:0:3]    disk    Generic  USB MS Reader    1.03  /dev/sde

[2:0:1:0]    disk    ATA      HDS722516VLAT80  A6MA  /dev/sdf

[5:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST3500630AS      M    /dev/sdg

[7:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD7500AACS-0 1B01  /dev/sdh

Ok, are those card readers removable?  Can you unplug them?  Curious if that solves the issue. You may have found a bug.

i don't have access to the server right now so I can't test it.  I'll try it over the weekend and get back to you.

it worked by removing the flash card readers, but since there where no flash media devices attached, wouldn't this still be considered a bug.

I upgraded from 12 to 15.  When I did Docker didn't restart.  I went to the docker page, selected some check box, and told it to start.  I guess that's what I did, but now the GUI is not available so I can't say what it was.  I can log in via ssh, but reboot and shutdown don't do anything.  Oddly my shares are available.  If I want to reboot I have to hit the power switch on the power supply.  My VM is no longer coming up either. 

So is there anyway to recover from this?  Top tells me unraidd and mdrecoveryd are running using up a good bit of the CPU. 

Just had a thought about the new KVM function (it was also applicable to the previous versions - but I forgot about the issue)

Is there anyway to put in a section to select the keyboard mapping, currently as I live in the UK, each VM I have to setup I need to add in a section to get the correct keymap so my XML file reads

<graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes' websocket='5700' listen='0.0.0.0' keymap='en-gb'>

It's no big deal but it would make it easier for those new to it.

Just had a thought about the new KVM function (it was also applicable to the previous versions - but I forgot about the issue)

Is there anyway to put in a section to select the keyboard mapping, currently as I live in the UK, each VM I have to setup I need to add in a section to get the correct keymap so my XML file reads

<graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes' websocket='5700' listen='0.0.0.0' keymap='en-gb'>

It's no big deal but it would make it easier for those new to it.

move to america, problem solved, lol.

I'm having an issue that followed me from 14b:

Sometimes one of my docker containers becomes unresponsive, in this case binhex's sabnzbd.  I'll try to stop the container from the webui and it hangs.  The webui becomes unreachable.  Attempting to do a docker stop/kill/rf -f from the CLI also just hangs indefinitely until I do a crtl+c .

syslog shows nothing of use, just mover operations and when I pulled the container logs then attempted to stop the container via webui.

the only useful info i could find is from the container logs:

**repeated a lot**
2015-04-23 19:47:31,435 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
2015-04-23 19:47:31,435::INFO::[__init__:1060] Restarting crashed scheduler
2015-04-23 19:47:31,435::INFO::[scheduler:172] Setting schedule for midnight BPS reset

2015-04-23 19:48:44,699 WARN received SIGTERM indicating exit request
2015-04-23 19:48:44,699 DEBG killing sabnzbd (pid 7) with signal SIGTERM
2015-04-23 19:48:44,701 INFO waiting for sabnzbd to die
2015-04-23 19:48:44,702 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stderr output:
2015-04-23 19:48:44,701::WARNING::[__init__:172] Signal 15 caught, saving and exiting...

2015-04-23 19:48:47,705 INFO waiting for sabnzbd to die
2015-04-23 19:48:50,709 INFO waiting for sabnzbd to die
2015-04-23 19:48:53,712 INFO waiting for sabnzbd to die

Any idea what's going on here?  I'm going to have to manually stop the array and reboot to fix this issue :(

I'm no programmer, but I'm pretty sure it's easier if LimeTech just added a menu, or told me to just keep doing it manually.

lol, I'm pretty sure sparkly was joking.  That said, thanks for providing the XML where that variable can be specified.  I will ask Eric to include in a future release.  My assumption is this is only needed for VNC, yes?  If so, I think we'd put this under the VM Manager settings page as a configurable option.  I can't imagine folks would have a need for different keyboard language types for each individual VM, but please tell me if I'm missing something on that.

I'm no programmer, but I'm pretty sure it's easier if LimeTech just added a menu, or told me to just keep doing it manually.

lol, I'm pretty sure sparkly was joking.  That said, thanks for providing the XML where that variable can be specified.  I will ask Eric to include in a future release.  My assumption is this is only needed for VNC, yes?  If so, I think we'd put this under the VM Manager settings page as a configurable option.  I can't imagine folks would have a need for different keyboard language types for each individual VM, but please tell me if I'm missing something on that.

I think I've got a good enough handle on sparkly's humour now, it's a British thing...  My attempt back of deadpan is wasted on you fellas across the pond.

I only use VNC for my VMs so I assume that is the case that people wouldn't need different keyboard layouts on each VM, unless I'm missing something too.

Thanks for the response.

I think I've got a good enough handle on sparkly's humour now, it's a British thing...  My attempt back of deadpan is wasted on you fellas across the pond.

I only use VNC for my VMs so I assume that is the case that people wouldn't need different keyboard layouts on each VM, unless I'm missing something too.

Thanks for the response.

No problem.  When you're super-focused on just getting functionality going like we have been, things like localization for different geographies doesn't really come to top of mind, but it is definitely important.

Thanks for the response.

No problem.  When you're super-focused on just getting functionality going like we have been, things like localization for different geographies doesn't really come to top of mind, but it is definitely important.

I nearly didn't mention it and I've been using KVM for a long while.  You guys have done such a fantastic job with V6.  It's amazing.. Didn't want to bother anyone.

When you're super-focused on just getting functionality going like we have been, things like localization for different geographies doesn't really come to top of mind, but it is definitely important.

Great, when can I expect unRAID in the Dutch version  ;D

When you're super-focused on just getting functionality going like we have been, things like localization for different geographies doesn't really come to top of mind, but it is definitely important.

As soon as you code in a language plugin for us ;-)

when they win the world cup.

when they win the world cup.

Well, 2018 it is then (gives me some time to write that plugin)  :)

When, my Netherland brother, you lot finally manage to create a pure black Tulip.

When, my Netherland brother, you lot finally manage to create a pure black Tulip.

It's on the way, 2018 I believe ...

It's on the way, 2018 I believe ...

Wow, I remember reading about the difficulty in achieving this many years ago, but didn't realise it was still ongoing.