unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta15-x86_64 Available

Since upgrading to b15 two days ago I no longer receive "array active" or "inactive" notifications. Health status notifications still arrive 4 times a day as scheduled.

Any ideas what I can do?

Array active/inactive notifcations have been taken out.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just took a look at my syslog from the Tools page and I noticed that the syslog is only showing the last day of activity when my server has a current run time of 3 days. Was this a planned change from beta 14 to 15 to only show the last day instead of the entire log?

Since upgrading to b15 two days ago I no longer receive "array active" or "inactive" notifications. Health status notifications still arrive 4 times a day as scheduled.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks. Then nothing's amiss. What is the reasoning? Just curious

I just took a look at my syslog from the Tools page and I noticed that the syslog is only showing the last day of activity when my server has a current run time of 3 days. Was this a planned change from beta 14 to 15 to only show the last day instead of the entire log?

Can you download the log file and see if it's complete?

Any ideas what I can do?

It was kind of a pointless notification.  Disks spin up during activity, they spin down when they are done.  It's not an actionable event, so didn't make sense to keep reporting it.

Just downloaded the log and it is only showing the past day.

Here is the first entry if that means anything:

Apr 24 04:40:01 Pithos rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="8.6.0" x-pid="1304" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com"] rsyslogd was HUPed

Any ideas what I can do?

It was kind of a pointless notification.  Disks spin up during activity, they spin down when they are done.  It's not an actionable event, so didn't make sense to keep reporting it.

Ahh. Ok. Makes sense.

Just after upgrading from 5 to 6 and being able to finally get notifications it was nice to have my server finally talking to me. ????

Apr 24 04:40:01 Pithos rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="8.6.0" x-pid="1304" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com"] rsyslogd was HUPed

syslog has always "rotated" after some time, leaving older syslogs in /var/log with names like syslog.1

Mine currently goes back to 6:15 yesterday but my uptime is currently > 5 days. The rest of those 5 days can be seen in /var/log/syslog.1

Any ideas what I can do?

I don't even get health notices any more....

syslog has always "rotated" after some time, leaving older syslogs in /var/log with names like syslog.1

Mine currently goes back to 6:15 yesterday but my uptime is currently > 5 days. The rest of those 5 days can be seen in /var/log/syslog.1

Hmmm I've never noticed that before and I keep my eye on the log fairly regularly. I much rather be able to see the complete log when I go and look from the tools page.

Any ideas what I can do?

I don't even get health notices any more....

Array health notifications is selectable from the notifications setup page. You can choose a frequency and how notiifications are sent.

Just had a thought about the new KVM function (it was also applicable to the previous versions - but I forgot about the issue)

Is there anyway to put in a section to select the keyboard mapping, currently as I live in the UK, each VM I have to setup I need to add in a section to get the correct keymap so my XML file reads

<graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes' websocket='5700' listen='0.0.0.0' keymap='en-gb'>

It's no big deal but it would make it easier for those new to it.

Screen-Shot-2015-04-24-at-10.40.09-PM.png

Will need you to test (along with others) when this is released.  Thanks for pointing this out!

Looks great!

Yeah know that and they came out fine before the update to 15.Still set, not coming out

Just double checking, what setting do you have for the "Array status notification:" dropbox on the 'Notifications Settings' page?  Mine is set to "Send once a day".

same as it was pre-15, 4 times a day

Yeah know that and they came out fine before the update to 15.Still set, not coming out

Just double checking, what setting do you have for the "Array status notification:" dropbox on the 'Notifications Settings' page?  Mine is set to "Send once a day".

same as it was pre-15, 4 times a day

Can you re-apply the "Notification settings" AND "SMTP settings". See if that makes a difference ?

I don't seem to get notifications either, until I change a Notification setting and click Apply.  Mine is set to pop up, send email, and send PushBullet notifications, all of which work fine, once the notification system 'turns on'.

I noticed that the following line appears in the syslog after clicking the Apply button:

php: /usr/local/sbin/notify cron-init

It does not appear before this.

Just an idea, I have page refresh turned off, have a Refresh button top right that I use.  Is it possible the lack of the auto refresh is bypassing the notification system startup?

I don't seem to get notifications either, until I change a Notification setting and click Apply.  Mine is set to pop up, send email, and send PushBullet notifications, all of which work fine, once the notification system 'turns on'.

I noticed that the following line appears in the syslog after clicking the Apply button:

Just an idea, I have page refresh turned off, have a Refresh button top right that I use.  Is it possible the lack of the auto refresh is bypassing the notification system?

I think you may be on to it Rob. I applied the IT Crowd solution method ("have you tried turning it off and back on"). Tured it off, APPLY, turn it back on, APPLY... started getting them again. Maybe the initialization code need a look see? (it was on in 14b, 15 didn't pick up that it was on?)

Finally upgraded from v5 to v6 B15 today and everything seem to go very smoothly, I believe I followed all of the instructions to a T and everything appeared to be working, however, about 10 hours in SMB stopped responding and then the web interface died. I was able to ssh in and there was nothing in any log file that I could see that looked remotely abnormal. Things got much worse though as I decided to try and stop the array and reboot, stopping samba seemed to work find but when I went to umount several drives said they were in-use, fuser -mv showed that it was in-use by root with no other details (no other process I could see), running top nothing looked like it was pegged or anything, memory seemed fine.

I tried to kill a bunch of ancillary processes like docker but nothing allowed me to umount. In the end I resolved to having to reboot but reboot on the command line would not work, it said system going down but it never did. I ended up having to reset the machine. Mind you on V5 this machine has run for over a year with no problems what so ever.

The only errors I have seen in any logs is regarding the senors which I have yet to resolve but I would imagine should not cause this problem. I have disabled docker as I am not running any on this machine yet and I am now, of course, running a parity check which seems to be more "intense" than in v5 as it now takes a very very long time to access the shares and folders remotely while the parity check is running.

Anyway, though I would pass this along. I am not a linux expert by any means but I'm not a total noob either and I believe I checked the basics and found nothing. I would really like some advice on what I could do / check / look at if this happens again to see if I can determine what the problem is. I am hoping it was just a fluke....

Just an idea, I have page refresh turned off, have a Refresh button top right that I use.  Is it possible the lack of the auto refresh is bypassing the notification system?

I think you may be on to it Rob. I applied the IT Crowd solution method ("have you tried turning it off and back on"). Tured it off, APPLY, turn it back on, APPLY... started getting them again. Maybe the initialization code need a look see? (it was on in 14b, 15 didn't pick up that it was on?)

I have a look into this, thanks for the feedback.