3rd Party Notification Services

gfjardim

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone wants to get notification to kodi(xbmc), make a script in the agents folder containing below. Obviously you have to put your kodi ip, path to image...

#!/bin/bash
#############

wget  --spider --header="Content-Type: application/json" --post-data="{\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\",\"method\":\"GUI.ShowNotification\",\"params\":{\"title\":\"$SUBJECT\",\"message\":\"$DESCRIPTION\", \"image\":\"smb://path_to_image/logo.png\"},\"displaytime\":5000,\"id\":1}" http://xbmc:password@kodi_ip:9090/jsonrpc

You must set "allow control of kodi via http" to true in kodi.

PS: Which are your favorite push services? I will compile a list to begin writing a configuration page for it.

Could we get support for Prowl? It's great for iOS devices (and free  ;D).

The app isn't.

I can't test it, so please let me know if this works:

#!/bin/bash
############
APP_NAME="unRAID"
API_KEY="" #found here: https://www.prowlapp.com/api_settings.php
TITLE=$SUBJECT
MESSAGE=$DESCRIPTION
############
MESSAGE=$(echo -e "$MESSAGE")

case "$IMPORTANCE" in
'normal' )
PRIORITY="0"
;;
'warning' )
PRIORITY="1"
;;
'alert' )
PRIORITY="2"
;;
esac

curl \
-F "apikey=${API_KEY}" \
-F "application=${APP_NAME}" \
-F "event=${TITLE}" \
-F "description=${MESSAGE}" \
-F "priority=$PRIORITY" \
https://api.prowlapp.com/publicapi/add 

Some text commands:

notify -e "Notice Test" -s "Notice Test" -d "This is a test for Notices" -i "normal"
notify -e "Warning Test" -s "Warning Test" -d "This is a test for Warnings" -i "warning"
notify -e "Alert Test" -s "Alert Test" -d "This is a test for Alerts" -i "alert"

The app isn't.

Hmm I must have downloaded it when it was on sale or something then. Thank you so much for working on this BTW!

Results:

notify -e "Warning Test" -s "Notice Test" -d "This is a test for Notices" -i "normal"

curl: try 'curl --help' or 'curl --manual' for more information

/boot/config/plugins/dynamix/notifications/agents/prowl: line 20: -F: command not found

Results:

notify -e "Warning Test" -s "Notice Test" -d "This is a test for Notices" -i "normal"

curl: try 'curl --help' or 'curl --manual' for more information

/boot/config/plugins/dynamix/notifications/agents/prowl: line 20: -F: command not found

Ok, my bad. Get the fixed code and try again.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a script or anything that can be called to trigger custom notifications?

For example, you might have a script that copies a bunch of files from one drive to another (maybe you're migrating from reiser to xfs), it would be good to be able to add a step to the end of that script that triggers a notification to say it has completed.

Any of these should do the trick ...

notify -e "Notice Test" -s "Notice Test" -d "This is a test for Notices" -i "normal"
notify -e "Warning Test" -s "Warning Test" -d "This is a test for Warnings" -i "warning"
notify -e "Alert Test" -s "Alert Test" -d "This is a test for Alerts" -i "alert"

or you could just call the notification script directly if you want to bypass the unRAID notification on screen.

or you could just call the notification script directly if you want to bypass the unRAID notification on screen.

Thanks for that, I didn't realise that functionality already existed.

Works a treat :D

Should now hopefully get some PushBullet notifications when a couple of long file copies have finished.

Thanks for that, I didn't realise that functionality already existed.

Works a treat :D

Should now hopefully get some PushBullet notifications when a couple of long file copies have finished.

It is easy to use the notifications system in your own script, this is achieved by either calling the script notify within a shell script or by calling the module Notify.php within a PHP program.

Both approaches use the same optional parameters to form the notification.

-e = event description

-s = subject description

-d = detailed description

-i = importance (normal, warning, alert)

-m = message content

-x = single notification (i.e. the same notification will not be repeated)

This will make someone giggle, i have this thread on notify.

i just saw five emails with notification and unraid in the title and thought oh fu*k something major has happened to my server.

You can exclude email notifications, if that makes you happier  ;)