Needo Docker Plex: how to update to newest plex

Hi Needo

thanks for all the great work. I am running your sab and sick rage and plex. San and sick will update from within no problem. Plex is telling me there is a new update but when I do docker update nothing happens. says I am up to date. Do I have to wait until you update docker or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for all the help and great work.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to update my Plex library after I added some content, and somehow unintentionally I got to the Plex update screen (see attached), and it started the update process.  What is surprising is the slow pace of the update; the 20MB file shown at the bottom is at 34% and it's taken almost an hour to reach that point.  Is this normal, or maybe result of an overloaded server on the other end?

Also I'm not sure how I got to the update process, since I didn't stop and restart the server as Squid mentioned above.

plex-update.JPG.9bea446ed3112f57812ea55d7db26df5.JPG

Thanks aptalca... 3 hours for a 20MB file seems a bit ridiculous... not even back in the day with my old 1200 baud modem! 

I'll try to figure out how I started the update process, if it takes that long I don't want to get caught by surprise unable to use Plex for hours at a bad time like when I have guests over.

you can use the tool in unraid to "fix permissions" on any or all drives in your system. I've been fixing cache each time I add a docker for the config folders

I don't think plex likes it folders to be owned by nobody.

also if you have any other containers that save config that shouldn't be owned by nobody, that's gonna screw things up.

best to do it in exec or outside the container at the specific folder level.

you can use the tool in unraid to "fix permissions" on any or all drives in your system. I've been fixing cache each time I add a docker for the config folders

I don't think plex likes it folders to be owned by nobody.

My library folder stored on my SSD is 999.users

Myk

How do I fix permissions?  I've forgotten

cd to the plex folder. For me, that is

cd /mnt/cache/appdata/plexmediaserver

Then to recursively set permissions

chmod -R 755 Library

and to recursively set ownership

chown -R 999:users Library

• 1 year later...