(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

Good work on the Calibre docker, just fired it up, very nice indeed.  :D

Thanks

Thanks  8)

Not that pretty, but works. Instead of a mouse pointer, you get a cross and no wallpaper, lol. Actually I like that there is no wallpaper, makes rdp faster with mobile connections.

BOINC manager is up. Works on the same principle as the rdp-calibre docker, runs in a pseudo vm accessed by rdp.

I decided to create an rdp base docker https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/aptalca/docker-rdp-base/dockerfile/

The xrdp and lxde packages used for rdp took over 220MB and it took docker about 30 min to build every time I made a small change to any of my rdp based containers.

Now with the rdp base containing the lxde and xrdp packages, not only my rdp based containers will all share the same base and benefit from space saved, but they will have (220MB) less to download when there is an update, and my new builds only take 5 min for docker to build because docker just imports the rdp base (as long as I don't make any changes to the rdp base container, which I don't plan to)

Hey aptalca, is it possible for you to replace the openremote icon with this one?

http://www.openremote.org/download/attachments/11468891/OpenRemote%20iTunes%20Icon%20512x512.png

As the current one is pretty pixelated. Thanks!

Thanks so much. That one is much better than using the 16x16 favicon

I replaced it.

You might have to update the repositories and refresh the browser

EDIT: Update and refresh works for the logo in the community repositories. But I could not change the logo for the installed docker. Even removing and adding did not fix it. It seems the old logo is cached by the dockerman plugin and it keeps using the old one.

I noticed that all those logos are stored on the flash drive under config/plugins/dockerMan/images. I deleted the old ones from there, so perhaps a restart will let the dockerman retrieve the new logos

Thank you so much for using the icon! btw if you dont mind, maybe you could see if any of the below duckdns icon is better than the current one? Im not sure though as even these two are kinda blurry, but maybe they will be an improvement over the current one. Its ok if you dont wanna bother with it though.

http://www.etx.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/duckdns512.png

https://duckdns.org/img/ducky_icon.png

Thanks again for using that openremote icon!! :D

Man, you're good at finding icons.

Thanks  ;)

Replaced it with the 250x250

As an aside, if you change the URL for the icon file, then the Popular Repositories Thread will also have to be updated  >:(.  If you keep the same URL then nothing needs to be changed.  Community Repositories won't have an issue either way.

Thanks  ;)

As an aside, if you change the URL for the icon file, then the Popular Repositories Thread will also have to be updated  >:(.  If you keep the same URL then nothing needs to be changed.  Community Repositories won't have an issue either way.

didn't you once say you'd be bored if everything worked as it should ?

lol.

Thanks  ;)

lol.

yeah I did once say that sparklyballs...  or should I say zzzzzzzzzzzsparklyballs  ;)

Thanks  ;)

lol.

yeah I did once say that sparklyballs...  or should I say zzzzzzzzzzzsparklyballs  ;)

oh, that's low......

Well, technically the icons didn't change. Just the resolution is higher so they are less pixelated when blown up :) I'll let you know next time

Doesn't matter to me at all.  If you keep the URL the same and just change the contents everything picks it up the changes.  If the URL changes then the thread will have the old icon (community repositories will get the new one).  Its just more work on my end, and for something as minor as an icon change I may or may not get around to it - depending upon what my mood is at the time - as it is now I only check for new containers for each repo about once a month.  New repositories get added all the time immediately, but new containers once a month - too much work to go through everyone's repo's and look for changes everyday.  Half the reason why I started that plugin.

Just wanted to say thank you for the Calibre RDP Docker.

Using Calibre over the network was always a pain.

Just played a bit with it, could it be that the Clipboard function is missing?

No problem

Do you mean basic copy paste or is there a specific clipboard function in caliber that I'm not aware of?

If you're trying to copy and paste from your local computer or another browser window into calibre, I don't think that's going to work. I believe that's a limitation of most vnc or rdp systems. Although some have special workarounds or features that allow it. By default the local and remote clipboards are not shared.

For instance the vnc/rdp server used in this case (guacamole) allows you to copy things within the app which you can access by bringing up the side menu (ctrl+alt+shift). But I never really used it myself.

No problem

Do you mean basic copy paste or is there a specific clipboard function in caliber that I'm not aware of?

If you're trying to copy and paste from your local computer or another browser window into calibre, I don't think that's going to work. I believe that's a limitation of most vnc or rdp systems. Although some have special workarounds or features that allow it. By default the local and remote clipboards are not shared.

For instance the vnc/rdp server used in this case (guacamole) allows you to copy things within the app which you can access by bringing up the side menu (ctrl+alt+shift). But I never really used it myself.

I tried to copy and paste between the clipboard of my host (Windows) and the Calibre docker using ctrl+v and the context menu. Also i tried thet guacamole menu you get when you use ctrl+shift+alt. Last thing i tried was using the Windows build in RDP client by forwarding port 3389, no luck.

That docker is a great idea, but i have many books where there is no online data to be scraped. I have to copy and paste it from variouls ressources.

No problem

I tried to copy and paste between the clipboard of my host (Windows) and the Calibre docker using ctrl+v and the context menu. Also i tried thet guacamole menu you get when you use ctrl+shift+alt. Last thing i tried was using the Windows build in RDP client by forwarding port 3389, no luck.

That docker is a great idea, but i have many books where there is no online data to be scraped. I have to copy and paste it from variouls ressources.

paste in the regular guacamole , on my mac, was a double tap/click