(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

And one more thing, you have a typo to the docker hub URL :)https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/aptalca/docker-plexrequets/ has requests misspelled. Nothing critical, just thought I'd let you know

Oops, thanks, fixed

With regards to app location, I believe most people use a cache only share for the app data (/mnt/cache/appdata). You might have to look into the docker setup guides by jonp and others to see if there would be any implications of using a user share (/mnt/user/appdata). I'm not sure

Version is 6.0-rc2

I have /config mapped to /mnt/user/Docker/appdata/plexrequests/

I have port 3000 mapped to 3000.

I have removed, cleared all leftover files, and reinstalled as well.

I didn't change any advanced fields at all.

I'll do some research and mess around and report back with what I find.

And one more thing, you have a typo to the docker hub URL :)https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/aptalca/docker-plexrequets/ has requests misspelled. Nothing critical, just thought I'd let you know

Update:

So I messed around. It works great when I map the config to a disk and not a user share. So since I only set up my unRAID 6 + Dockers last night, my question is should I move all of my Docker appdata to a disk instead of a share? The more I think about it, the better the idea seems.

If you have an appdata user share set to cache-only then there is no difference between /mnt/user/appdata and /mnt/cache/appdata. Having said that, I think it is clearer to say /mnt/cache/appdata when I am referring to a share intended to live on the cache so that is what I use.

Is that what you mean, or do you mean to have it on some disk other than cache? This is usually not done because apps often write to their config data and so would keep that disk and parity spinning.

Also, many docker templates come pre-configured to use /mnt/cache/appdata.

A Very Important Note about /mnt/cache/appdata. You must go to the Shares page and set the appdata share to Use cache disk: Only or mover will move it to the array.

Maybe you are already aware of this, but any folder at the top level of cache or any array disk is automatically considered a User Share by unRAID. If you don't configure a User Share, it will have default configuration, which does NOT include the cache-only setting.

Very many new users have had plugin or docker issues because they didn't take care of this, and mover moved the application data from the cache drive to the array. Don't let it happen to you!

Version is 6.0-rc2

Update:

So I messed around. It works great when I map the config to a disk and not a user share. So since I only set up my unRAID 6 + Dockers last night, my question is should I move all of my Docker appdata to a disk instead of a share? The more I think about it, the better the idea seems.

If you have an appdata user share set to cache-only then there is no difference between /mnt/user/appdata and /mnt/cache/appdata. Having said that, I think it is clearer to say /mnt/cache/appdata when I am referring to a share intended to live on the cache so that is what I use.

Is that what you mean, or do you mean to have it on some disk other than cache? This is usually not done because apps often write to their config data and so would keep that disk and parity spinning.

A Very Important Note about /mnt/cache/appdata. You must go to the Shares page and set the appdata share to Use cache disk: Only or mover will move it to the array.

Maybe you are already aware of this, but any folder at the top level of cache or any array disk is automatically considered a User Share by unRAID. If you don't configure a User Share, it will have default configuration, which does NOT include the cache-only setting.

Very many new users have had plugin or docker issues because they didn't take care of this, and mover moved the application data from the cache drive to the array. Don't let it happen to you!

Thanks, trurl

Hey Aptalca.  Thanks for the Zoneminder docker, I am giving this one a go.  Right now it is giving me the following errors (on a repeating basis) once I add a camera labeled "DRIVEWAY":

'zma -m 1' exited abnormally, exit status 255

Can't symlink '1' to 'DRIVEWAY': Permission denied

Can't make events/1: Permission denied

'zma -m 1' started at 15/05/19 01:12:18

'zma -m 1' starting at 15/05/19 01:12:18, pid = 1143

Starting pending process, zma -m 1

DRIVEWAY: 1000 - Capturing at 2.00 fps

Can't open Zones1.jpg: Permission denied

I tried to search around for what might be the issue and I found the following article:

http://lachlanmiskin.com/blog/2012/06/24/zoneminder-cant-symlink-to-monitor-permission-denied/

I tried the suggestion but it did not work stating that "www-data is not a user".  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

It is a permissions issue, but in the app config folder

Unfortunately, I recently moved and I do not have cameras installed yet, so I couldn't test this docker thoroughly. I tested monitoring streams, and it worked, but I hadn't tested recording. It seems the www-data user also needs to have access to the config folder for the recording function (in other words, I made a rookie mistake lol)

The quick fix for you is to do the following:

Exec into the running container:

docker exec -it Zoneminder bash

Then give read/write access to group and others for the config folder

chmod -R go+rw /config

or you can wait until I issue an update shortly that will take care of this

Hi Matt,

Those errors I believe are unrelated. It has to do with how hurricane set up the guacamole server base. I get them constantly in the logs while all of my rdp based dockers are running, but they haven't caused any issues.

I have a few questions:

Is this the first time you installed jdownloader?

Did it ever work before? Did you see any of the gui elements or was it always a black screen from the start?

Please check the local folder that you set as the config folder. Do you see any folders? You should see a Downloads folder and a jd2 folder that contains the install. If not, I think the issue is a permissions issue.

if there are folders, I would recommend deleting the folders, removing the container and image and reinstalling

thanks for the fast respond. Based on what you say I tried the following..

instead of using /mnt/user/*** i used /mnt/diskx - after that it's working.

<3 already did some downloading and I'm very happy to have jd back :)

thanks,

Matt

I cant thank you enough for the PlexRequest docker. Working 100% with couch potato and I couldn't be happier. No more messages and searching from my phone when people ask. Thank you a ton!

No problem. By the way, just pushed an update to Plex Requests. You can set EDGE to 1 for the development branch (although they are the same at the moment because they just merged today)

Regarding Duck DNS docker... is the conf file setting for domain the fully qualified domain name or just the sub domain that duckdns.org assigns you?

DOMAINS=yourdomain.duckdns.org

or is it

DOMAINS=yourdomain

ps. I fed it just the subdomain and that seems to be working or at least no errors in the log.

Regarding Duck DNS docker... is the conf file setting for domain the fully qualified domain name or just the sub domain that duckdns.org assigns you?

DOMAINS=yourdomain.duckdns.org

or is it

DOMAINS=yourdomain

ps. I fed it just the subdomain and that seems to be working or at least no errors in the log.

Yup, it's just the subdomain

Version is 6.0-rc2

Update:

Awesome. That is a pretty important distinction on dockers keeping the drive spinning. Right now I don't have a cache drive set up at all. Still learning the whole NAS + server bits :)

I'll set up a cache disk when I get home, reset up my PlexRequests and see where we're at. Right now I just have it as a user share, but to prevent fragmentation of the appdata folder, it's pretty clear I should reevaluate my setup.

Thanks a ton!

Well, I'm going to have to revisit the zoneminder container. The update wiped my saved streams. Stay tuned.

No worries.  I gave the updated container a try as well and I definitely see an improvement since those previous errors are no longer popping up (I can set the zones and the cameras are listed in green on the main page for modetect which is good).  Right now it seems that although I am getting the live feed into zoneminder it isn't picking up on motion events and/or recording them.  That is to say all events etc remain at zero.  I am completely new to zoneminder so I might be missing something in the settings (right now most settings are at the defaults).  I have one additional error that pops up from time to time so I am not sure if it is related:

"Shared data not initialised by capture daemon, some query functions may not be available or produce invalid results for monitor DRIVEWAY"

I am using axis cameras.  Let me know if have any ideas.  Thanks!

OK, I figured out the problem with zoneminder. I made a mistake with moving mysql, so database settings did not persist. I am testing a dev version, once I confirm it is working it will be pushed (probably by tomorrow).

I also figured out how to set up ffmpeg/avconv for videos and will include some info on how to set it up (did not know that ffmpeg is not in the official ubuntu repo in 14.04, but avconv is)

Can't test motion detection at the moment because I can only test with iptv streams as I don't have security cameras set up. Perhaps someone who has used zoneminder can test and report.

Zoneminder is fixed, update is being pushed to dockerhub

mysql database issue is cleared up and the container is updated to the latest phusion build

Also added some install and setup tips to the second post of the thread

Excellent!  modetect seems to be working now.  Just one additional snag... 1280x800 is the default/max resolution for my camera however I can't seem to get zoneminder to work with anything higher than 640x480.  Going higher results in a blank feed and the following errors:

zmdc[627]: INF ['zmc -m 1' crashed, signal 6]

zmdc[627]: ERR ['zma -m 1' exited abnormally, exit status 255]

zmdc[627]: INF [starting pending process, zmc -m 1]

zmdc[627]: INF ['zmc -m 1' starting at 15/05/21 03:31:19, pid = 9418]

zmdc[9418]: INF ['zmc -m 1' started at 15/05/21 03:31:19]

zmdc[627]: INF [starting pending process, zma -m 1]

zmdc[627]: INF ['zma -m 1' starting at 15/05/21 03:31:19, pid = 9419]

zmdc[9419]: INF ['zma -m 1' started at 15/05/21 03:31:19]

zma_m1[9419]: ERR [shared data not initialised by capture daemon for monitor DRIVEWAY]

These are my settings @ 640x480 for reference (camera is an Axis M3024-LVE):

Source Type: Remote

Function: Modetect

Max FPS: <blank>

Alarm Max FPS: <blank>

Remote Protocol: HTTP

Remote Method: Simple

Remote Host Name: <user:password>@<cam-ip>

Remote Host Port: 80

Remote Host Path: /axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=640x480

Target Colorspace: 24 bit

Capture Width (pixels): 640

Capture Height (pixels): 480

Let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Zoneminder is fixed, update is being pushed to dockerhub

mysql database issue is cleared up and the container is updated to the latest phusion build

Also added some install and setup tips to the second post of the thread

Excellent!  modetect seems to be working now.  Just one additional snag... 1280x800 is the default/max resolution for my camera however I can't seem to get zoneminder to work with anything higher than 640x480.  Going higher results in a blank feed and the following errors:

zmdc[627]: INF [starting pending process, zmc -m 1]

zmdc[627]: INF ['zmc -m 1' starting at 15/05/21 03:31:19, pid = 9418]

zmdc[9418]: INF ['zmc -m 1' started at 15/05/21 03:31:19]

zmdc[627]: INF [starting pending process, zma -m 1]

zmdc[627]: INF ['zma -m 1' starting at 15/05/21 03:31:19, pid = 9419]

zmdc[9419]: INF ['zma -m 1' started at 15/05/21 03:31:19]

zma_m1[9419]: ERR [shared data not initialised by capture daemon for monitor DRIVEWAY]

These are my settings @ 640x480 for reference (camera is an Axis M3024-LVE):

Source Type: Remote

Function: Modetect

Max FPS: <blank>

Alarm Max FPS: <blank>

Remote Protocol: HTTP

Remote Method: Simple

Remote Host Name: <user:password>@<cam-ip>

Remote Host Port: 80

Remote Host Path: /axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=640x480

Target Colorspace: 24 bit

Capture Width (pixels): 640

Capture Height (pixels): 480

Let me know what you think.  Thanks.

I looked on the zoneminder wiki for Axis cams

Check out these pages: http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_stream_h264_with_ffmpeg_from_an_Axis_P3343

http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Axis

Make sure you go into the cam's software and set the capture mode to 720p. You should have different settings, where you get lower framerates for higher resolutions.

I also noticed in the zoneminder wiki that a lot of the HD versions of Axis are set up through rtsp using H264 rather than the http/mjpg method, the mjpg method may be limited to 640x480 resolution

Here's the user manual for your camera, check out page 13 for rtsp description: http://www.axis.com/files/manuals/um_m3024_lve_62969_en_1503.pdf

Fresh off the grill, sizzling hot!!!

Introducing the Amazon-Echo-HA-Bridge container

If you have an Amazon Echo, you can use this container to bridge it with your Home Automation Controller to voice control connected devices.

This is based on work done by a Vera user named arm. Amazon Echo officially only works with the Philips Hue bridge. But arm essentially reverse engineered the Philips Vue hub's communication system and created this java app that mimicks it. You can associate your connected devices with this fake hub, and Echo thinks they are Hue devices, but controls them nonetheless.

I tested it with Vera controlled zwave lights, but it should work with any Home Automation controller that accepts http commands. For setup info please see this post: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,31920.msg231970.html#msg231970

By the way, I highly recommend the Amazon Echo. It has amazing voice recognition and so much potential. $100 for Prime subscribers is a great deal for a quality Bluetooth speaker that does a whole lot more. Unfortunately for Google, Echo is what the Nexus Q should have been.

Now I can say "Alexa turn the media room lights off" and then "Alexa turn xbmc on". Hopefully one day I'll be able to say "Alexa, get me a cold one" without having to marry someone named Alexa lol

Still loving the Calibre RDP docker, but quick question, would it be possible to have a volume /books to keep the library and config separately?  I can change the library location to \books by adding the mapping in my XML config but if I restart the container it defaults back to /config as a library location.

Still loving the Calibre RDP docker, but quick question, would it be possible to have a volume /books to keep the library and config separately?  I can change the library location to \books by adding the mapping in my XML config but if I restart the container it defaults back to /config as a library location.

Calibre by default saves the books you add in the same location as the config/database. I am not aware of a way to separate them.

I am just curious why you wish to separate them, as the config consists of only one folder and 2 database files.

In terms of /config vs /books, it is just the internal mapping within the container and it is hardcoded in the firstrun.sh and startapp.sh files. On every start up, calibre is started with the "--with-library=/config" option. If you really want to change it, you can map /books in the xml, and while the docker is running, first move the library to /books through the gui, and then exec into the container by "docker exec -it RDP-Calibre bash" and then modify the file /startapp.sh and change the "/config" to "/books". It should work (as long as you just stop and restart the container, but it won't survive a reinstall or update), but no guarantees as I haven't tested it. The only difference will be that within the container and the gui your library will be stored at /books instead of /config, not sure if that's what you're after. . .

EDIT: for the webserver, you would also have to modify the last line of /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh to switch /config to /books