(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

Still loving the Calibre RDP docker, but quick question, would it be possible to have a volume /books to keep the library and config separately?  I can change the library location to \books by adding the mapping in my XML config but if I restart the container it defaults back to /config as a library location.

Calibre by default saves the books you add in the same location as the config/database. I am not aware of a way to separate them.

I am just curious why you wish to separate them, as the config consists of only one folder and 2 database files.

In terms of /config vs /books, it is just the internal mapping within the container and it is hardcoded in the firstrun.sh and startapp.sh files. On every start up, calibre is started with the "--with-library=/config" option. If you really want to change it, you can map /books in the xml, and while the docker is running, first move the library to /books through the gui, and then exec into the container by "docker exec -it RDP-Calibre bash" and then modify the file /startapp.sh and change the "/config" to "/books". It should work (as long as you just stop and restart the container, but it won't survive a reinstall or update), but no guarantees as I haven't tested it. The only difference will be that within the container and the gui your library will be stored at /books instead of /config, not sure if that's what you're after. . .

EDIT: for the webserver, you would also have to modify the last line of /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh to switch /config to /books

It's no biggy, and now I feel guilty because of your lengthy reply, I was just implenting a appdata backup strategy usign cron and my OCD was screaming at me to get ALL the config data into that folder.

Thanks for the detailed explanation though  :)

Just got the echo bridge docker installed. Works great!

The Dev seems to be regularly updating the code, but it looks like your docker is hard coded to v0.1.2. Would there be a way to make it always pull the latest code?

No. Two reasons:

1. Releases are jar files, each with a different name and a download link. Annoying to build the algorithm that tries to identify the latest release and retrieves the download link. It's doable, but I simply haven't had the time or the desire.

2. It's still technically alpha and the Dev is changing a lot between releases. I'd rather update to tested releases to make sure the docker works

Hey I tried the zoneminder container - I can't get zoneminder to work with any of my cameras. I have a foscam and simple d-link camera. I even tried with the webcam app on my phone, zoneminder doesn't see any of these cameras. Regarding the foscam I am able to use the rtsp address to view it through vlc so I know it's correct.

I'm new to zoneminder so is there something I am missing?

Hey I tried the zoneminder container - I can't get zoneminder to work with any of my cameras. I have a foscam and simple d-link camera. I even tried with the webcam app on my phone, zoneminder doesn't see any of these cameras. Regarding the foscam I am able to use the rtsp address to view it through vlc so I know it's correct.

I'm new to zoneminder so is there something I am missing?

Their wiki is pretty good. They have separate pages for different brand and models of cameras and they have setup instructions for each.

I'm having a problem with the Calibre Docker, i have passed through an additional variable /books/ which is mapped to /mnt/user/books/

during the setup wizard i have set my book library to /books but it is not saving the setting.  If i stop and start the docker it reverts to /config

I'm having a problem with the Calibre Docker, i have passed through an additional variable /books/ which is mapped to /mnt/user/books/

during the setup wizard i have set my book library to /books but it is not saving the setting.  If i stop and start the docker it reverts to /config

You're supposed to set the library location to /config as described in the docker overview. That's how this docker was designed to work (unfortunately hard coded).

Calibre "imports" books into its library, which is in the same location as its configuration files. I don't believe calibre was designed to "manage" an existing library. . . unless you're trying to use an existing calibre library from another installation, in that case why not just map /config to /mnt/user/books ?

Additional mappings should be used to provide calibre access to other locations to import books from, not to move configuration or installation files to.

Hey aptalca.  I have done some further testing and it seems that there is an issue with the zoneminder docker.  I recently made a fresh install of zoneminder on a separate linux mint 17.1 installation to cross compare using the following guide:

http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_Server_14.04_64-bit_with_Zoneminder_1.26.5_the_easy_way

Under this installation I have all my cameras working at full resolution (1280x800) whereas on the docker version I was only able to get a single camera running at downgraded res (640x480).  The cameras I have are identical models.  Some reference info is below.  Let me know if you need additional info.

With docker image (zoneminder v1.28.1):

- first camera added works with 640x480 res only.  Any additional monitors/cameras (regardless of resolution setting) results in log errors ("zmc crashed" etc) and no video feed.

With linux mint 17.1 install (zoneminder v1.28.1):

- all three cameras work at full res (1280x800) with no errors.

- I am using the same settings for these cameras.  Specifically... source: remote, function: modetect, protocol: http, method: simple, path: /axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=1280x800

Hey aptalca.  I have done some further testing and it seems that there is an issue with the zoneminder docker.  I recently made a fresh install of zoneminder on a separate linux mint 17.1 installation to cross compare using the following guide:

http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_Server_14.04_64-bit_with_Zoneminder_1.26.5_the_easy_way

Under this installation I have all my cameras working at full resolution (1280x800) whereas on the docker version I was only able to get a single camera running at downgraded res (640x480).  The cameras I have are identical models.  Some reference info is below.  Let me know if you need additional info.

With docker image (zoneminder v1.28.1):

- first camera added works with 640x480 res only.  Any additional monitors/cameras (regardless of resolution setting) results in log errors ("zmc crashed" etc) and no video feed.

With linux mint 17.1 install (zoneminder v1.28.1):

- all three cameras work at full res (1280x800) with no errors.

- I am using the same settings for these cameras.  Specifically... source: remote, function: modetect, protocol: http, method: simple, path: /axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=1280x800

That is interesting.

The docker install steps mirror the steps you linked to, however the docker uses a base that is a stripped down version of ubuntu, so there may be a dependency or something missing. I'll look into it.

Could you post some snippets of the log where you try and add a high res camera and a second one?

Can you also try adding the feeds through "Libvlc" instead of "Remote"? It is much easier to set up that way and I was able to add multiple iptv streams with no issues (I don't currently have any actual cameras set up unfortunately)

Hi Aptalca.

Your Calibre-RDP container is great, just finished moving my whole library onto it.

I did have a bit of trouble in the beginning because I didn't read the documentation properly :P. I assumed that the /config was for config only, so I configured the mappings as such:

- /config mapped to /mnt/cache/appdata/calibre/config

- /books mapped to /mnt/user/Books/Calibre (a new empty directory)

- /downloads mapped to /mnt/user/Downloads (a place where I can place books to import from)

and when the wizard popped up and asked me where to create the library, I chose /books and then started some imports to build the library. This worked great, until of course I tried to restart Calibre, or try to use the server, because (as you rightly mentioned), it defaults and expects it to be in /config.

Anyway, I fixed it all up and now have /config mapped to /mnt/user/Books/Calibre - which works great.

My question is, is it normal for my cursor keys and delete key to be non-functional in the Web RDP session? When editing book titles and authors I have to use the mouse to position my cursor in text input fields, and I have to use backspace instead of delete to delete text.

Hi Aptalca.

Your Calibre-RDP container is great, just finished moving my whole library onto it.

I did have a bit of trouble in the beginning because I didn't read the documentation properly . I assumed that the /config was for config only, so I configured the mappings as such:

- /downloads mapped to /mnt/user/Downloads (a place where I can place books to import from)

and when the wizard popped up and asked me where to create the library, I chose /books and then started some imports to build the library. This worked great, until of course I tried to restart Calibre, or try to use the server, because (as you rightly mentioned), it defaults and expects it to be in /config.

Anyway, I fixed it all up and now have /config mapped to /mnt/user/Books/Calibre - which works great.

My question is, is it normal for my cursor keys and delete key to be non-functional in the Web RDP session? When editing book titles and authors I have to use the mouse to position my cursor in text input fields, and I have to use backspace instead of delete to delete text.

That's interesting. I don't think I used the cursor keys in calibre, but I used them in other containers that use the same webrdp base and there they worked fine. I'll test to see if it works in calibre

Ok. More testing on the zoneminder docker.  I switched to source type libvlc and the end result is identical (it will only accept one camera at degraded resolution: 640x480), any higher res or additional cameras results in no feed and the same errors as before:

zmdc 608 INF Starting pending process, zmc -m 1 zmdc.pl

zmdc 608 INF 'zmc -m 1' crashed, signal 6 zmdc.pl

zmdc 3984 INF 'zmc -m 1' started at 15/06/02 14:05:27 zmdc.pl

zmdc 608 INF 'zmc -m 1' starting at 15/06/02 14:05:27, pid = 3984 zmdc.pl

zmdc 608 INF Starting pending process, zmc -m 1 zmdc.pl

zmdc 608 ERR 'zmc -m 1' exited abnormally, exit status 255 zmdc.pl

zmdc 608 WAR Can't find process with command of 'zma -m 1' zmdc.pl

zmdc 608 INF 'zmc -m 1' starting at 15/06/02 14:05:26, pid = 3962 zmdc.pl

zmdc 3962 INF 'zmc -m 1' started at 15/06/02 14:05:26 zmdc.pl

zmdc 608 WAR Can't find process with command of 'zmc -m 1' zmdc.pl

zmdc 608 WAR Can't find process with command of 'zma -m 1'

*On my linux mint fresh install both "remote" and "libvlc" methods work as expected (all cameras work at high res) however in my testing I notice that the libvlc method produces really odd artifacts such as moving objects creating a trail behind themselves or when the object leaves the frame those artifacts would remain in the feed for a for a few seconds or more (it essence it makes the feed really weird and jittery... I would honestly avoid this mode anyway since those artifacts consistently false trigger the motion detection)

Would you be willing to try a different base image for the zm docker?

I'm testing a full ubuntu build to see if that works better. I noticed that zoneminder has an official docker but it doesn't save anything outside the container so all changes and settings are lost once it is updated or reinstalled, and it hasn't been building properly on docker hub for a long time. . . sigh. Oh well, I better finish what I started, lol

Hi Aptalca.

I did have a bit of trouble in the beginning because I didn't read the documentation properly . I assumed that the /config was for config only, so I configured the mappings as such:

Yup, I see that the direction and the delete keys indeed aren't working. I pinged hurricane about it since he develops and maintains the dockergui base.

I'm testing a full ubuntu build to see if that works better. I noticed that zoneminder has an official docker but it doesn't save anything outside the container so all changes and settings are lost once it is updated or reinstalled, and it hasn't been building properly on docker hub for a long time. . . sigh. Oh well, I better finish what I started, lol

I'm having a hard time getting an ubuntu based docker going. It's like I had to start learning how to build containers from scratch. Taking longer than I thought but still working on it.

Yup, I see that the direction and the delete keys indeed aren't working. I pinged hurricane about it since he develops and maintains the dockergui base.

Great, thanks aptalca.

OK...I'm sorry.  I consider myself a moderately intelligent guy but I am totally struggling with a strategy for Calibre.

1.  Do I still need both the Server and RDP containers.

2.  How can I avoid port conflicts?  My Kodi-Headless is using 8080.  How do I address?

Here are my mappings:

TIa9m0d.jpg

TIA!

John

OK...I'm sorry.  I consider myself a moderately intelligent guy but I am totally struggling with a strategy for Calibre.

1.  Do I still need both the Server and RDP containers.

2.  How can I avoid port conflicts?  My Kodi-Headless is using 8080.  How do I address?

Here are my mappings:

TIA!

John

No problem

The calibre-RDP includes the calibre server, so no need to install both

In your screenshot, the ports listed on the left are internal to the containers (container port). The ones on the right are the ones exposed by your unraid server (host port). Your kodi is exposing port 8080 in both the container and unraid, that's fine. When unraid receives a request at port 8080, it forwards it to port 8080 in the kodi container.

When you install calibre-rdp, set the two host ports to whatever you like, whatever is not being used by other docker as in the attached screenshot. You can then access the calibre server by going to unraidIP:8098 and you can access the calibre-rdp by going to unraidIP:8097/#/client/c/Calibre

That way when unraid gets a request at port 8098, it will connect it to port 8081 of the calibre-rdp container, which is the calibre server

Capture9.PNG.c36bfb31193ae19310817e57c8456f37.PNG

Updated the AmazonEcho-HA-Bridge to enable the WebUI.

It is much much much easier to manage the devices that way.

Unfortunately, the WebUI link is not showing up in unraid GUI for some reason. You can use the following to access it until we can fix the link: unraidIP:8080/configurator.html

**EDIT** The missing link may have been just me. It might show up fine for others. I was able to fix it for myself, let me know if anybody experiences it as well.

No problem

The calibre-RDP includes the calibre server, so no need to install both

In your screenshot, the ports listed on the left are internal to the containers (container port). The ones on the right are the ones exposed by your unraid server (host port). Your kodi is exposing port 8080 in both the container and unraid, that's fine. When unraid receives a request at port 8080, it forwards it to port 8080 in the kodi container.

When you install calibre-rdp, set the two host ports to whatever you like, whatever is not being used by other docker as in the attached screenshot. You can then access the calibre server by going to unraidIP:8098 and you can access the calibre-rdp by going to unraidIP:8097/#/client/c/Calibre

That way when unraid gets a request at port 8098, it will connect it to port 8081 of the calibre-rdp container, which is the calibre server

Awesome!  Thank you so much for the help!

John

Updated the AmazonEcho-HA-Bridge to enable the WebUI.

It is much much much easier to manage the devices that way.

Unfortunately, the WebUI link is not showing up in unraid GUI for some reason. You can use the following to access it until we can fix the link: unraidIP:8080/configurator.html

**EDIT** The missing link may have been just me. It might show up fine for others. I was able to fix it for myself, let me know if anybody experiences it as well.

i just looked at the xml for the template and it looks like there are no port assignments, it probably won't show without them.