(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

John,

1.  The server is just a web server for a calibre library.  The RDP container enables you to use the Calibre program and edit metadata etc .

2. Change the port on either Kodi or Calibre.

Remember the docker has two ports, an internal docker port, which is what the APP perceives the port as, and the external host port which is what everything else thinks the port is.  Conceptually once you get your head around it you realise the beauty of it, but a few of us, me included, took a while for things to click.

put a pull request on the git.

Good idea, but I don't think that's the issue.  When I added it here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40262.msg380746#msg380746 it worked fine.  It's think its some issue with dockerMan not updating the popup menu correctly when a change like that occurs in the template.  From a fresh install with no traces of the old template anywhere on the flash drive it works fine.

Good idea, but I don't think that's the issue.  When I added it here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40262.msg380746#msg380746 it worked fine.  It's think its some issue with dockerMan not updating the popup menu correctly when a change like that occurs in the template.  From a fresh install with no traces of the old template anywhere on the flash drive it works fine.

it needs to be in there still though, because otherwise nobody will be able to reassign the host port.

it needs to be in there still though, because otherwise nobody will be able to reassign the host port.

You got me there.

The network is set to host mode. So there is no port mapping. I did it the same way as needo's Plex template which also runs in host mode. The reason is that it uses upnp and needs several ports to be mapped. I took the easy way and set it to host mode.

Upside is, I don't have to worry about ports, whatever port the container opens gets passed through in unraid. The downside is, the user can't map them. But then again, I wouldn't want the users to try and change the ports for upnp and whatever else anyway, because then the whole thing probably would stop working.

I'll take another look when I have time to see if I can figure out all of the ports that are needed and try and map them in bridge mode.

The network is set to host mode. So there is no port mapping. I did it the same way as needo's Plex template which also runs in host mode. The reason is that it uses upnp and needs several ports to be mapped. I took the easy way and set it to host mode.

Upside is, I don't have to worry about ports, whatever port the container opens gets passed through in unraid. The downside is, the user can't map them. But then again, I wouldn't want the users to try and change the ports for upnp and whatever else anyway, because then the whole thing probably would stop working.

I'll take another look when I have time to see if I can figure out all of the ports that are needed and try and map them in bridge mode.

upnp is nasty and a security minefield.

upnp is nasty and a security minefield.

Haha true, but it works.

I got some reading up to do

How did it crash the guacamole server?

What did the log say?

Sometimes it takes a long time to download the calibre install file (one time it took me 30min) during that time, guacamole server is not started yet. It starts after the update is completed.

Any luck with that ZM docker?  I'm ready for another round of testing  :)

I updated the zoneminder docker. This time built on the ubuntu base. You might have to delete the mysql folder in the app folder for it to install.

Let me know how it goes.

I've tried installing both the Zoneminder and Zoneminder-dev dockers, and they appear to install fine. The problem I am having, however, is that I am unable to login to the web interface. I've also checked the logs and all it says is "sleeping".

Is there something simple I'm missing here????

I've tried installing both the Zoneminder and Zoneminder-dev dockers, and they appear to install fine. The problem I am having, however, is that I am unable to login to the web interface. I've also checked the logs and all it says is "sleeping".

If you updated from an older version, did you delete the mysql folder?

Try reinstalling it with a different local config folder if it's easier

I seem to have trouble getting this new ZM docker started.  I wiped the config folder clean but no luck.  It basically never starts so I don't get a log to see what is happening.  Is this one confirmed to work with rc5? (I haven't tested it with rc4 yet.  I will be away for the next few days so I will try again when I come back.)

How did it crash the guacamole server?

What did the log say?

Sometimes it takes a long time to download the calibre install file (one time it took me 30min) during that time, guacamole server is not started yet. It starts after the update is completed.

You were correct.  I just didn't wait long enough.

Thanks for the support!

John

If you updated from an older version, did you delete the mysql folder?

Try reinstalling it with a different local config folder if it's easier

I did not update from an older version - I did a fresh, clean install. I'm currently running on RC5 if that makes any difference.

Setup Plex Requests, got Plex, couchpotato and Sickrage to talk to plex request  however where do i setup the users so I can port forward the port and it can be reached from the outside.

EDIT:

I just read and the user must have a PLEX account to request stuff, got it.

Alright, here we go again with zoneminder

I applied a shared memory fix. I am now able to view multiple streams, something I couldn't do before. Hopefully it will allow HD camera feeds as well. Please test and let me know.

It is also back to the phusion base, so you might have to wipe the local app folder (due to mysql issues)

One major change is that the template now has privileged mode turned on. I'm not sure if your template will update or not when you do a regular update.

Therefore, I highly recommend uninstalling any existing version, deleting the local folder, and reinstall from the community repositories after updating the repositories. While installing, you can also open the advanced view to make sure privileged mode is checked on.

Good luck and let me know if it works fine.

If this works, any future update will be more stable and you'll be able to update the regular way (hopefully), but this version changes too much that might break regular updates.

UPDATE:  OK...I see what is going on.  I am ending up with 2 libraries...one called "config" which lives on my cache drive and one called "data" which lives where I store my e-books.  I can switch between them which is OK, but, is there a way to permanently delete the "config" one?  I tried to "remove" it but it just comes back.

QQ...

I'm not fully understanding and think I am doing something wrong with Calibre.

How do you store your library and your books in two different locations?

I have /data mapped to /mnt/  and /config mapped to /mnt/user/Docker/calibre/.  I want to keep my books in my user share (/data/user/Books/ to calibre) and save the library and config files on my cache drive (/data/user/Docker/calibre).

I keep ending with a copy of my e-books in the config directory.

John