(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

QQ...

I'm not fully understanding and think I am doing something wrong with Calibre.

How do you store your library and your books in two different locations?

I have /data mapped to /mnt/  and /config mapped to /mnt/user/Docker/calibre/.  I want to keep my books in my user share (/data/user/Books/ to calibre) and save the library and config files on my cache drive (/data/user/Docker/calibre).

I keep ending with a copy of my e-books in the config directory.

John

Not sure I can help with your configuration, but I save my Calibre library in a folder in Dropbox. This way I can access my books from both my work/home desktops using regular Calibre and from any web enabled device iPad/Nook/etc.

I have a Docker for Dropbox, that saves the books my cache drive. I have another Docker w/ Calibre server, that looks at the Dropbox folder for books. I download books using my ruTorrent Docker, and I have Autotools move the completed books to my /Downloads/complete folder in my array. Whenever new books are downloaded and in the proper folder in /downloads, I run the following command from my unRAID command line. (change the docker ID to match your Calibre docker). I added a volume to my Downloads folder in the Calibre server container.

docker exec -t -i b531544560182 /opt/calibre/calibredb add /downloads/complete/Books/ -r --with-library /config
rm -rf /mnt/user/downloads/complete/Books/*

I created a little bash script with that command and put in my /boot folder. Unfortunately I cannot get it to run from cron... but that is minor.

UPDATE:  OK...I see what is going on.  I am ending up with 2 libraries...one called "config" which lives on my cache drive and one called "data" which lives where I store my e-books.  I can switch between them which is OK, but, is there a way to permanently delete the "config" one?  I tried to "remove" it but it just comes back.

QQ...

I'm not fully understanding and think I am doing something wrong with Calibre.

How do you store your library and your books in two different locations?

I have /data mapped to /mnt/  and /config mapped to /mnt/user/Docker/calibre/.  I want to keep my books in my user share (/data/user/Books/ to calibre) and save the library and config files on my cache drive (/data/user/Docker/calibre).

I keep ending with a copy of my e-books in the config directory.

John

There was an issue that forced me to set up this container to keep both the library and the database in the same folder. I can't remember what it exactly was, it's been a while.

The description states that you have to select /config as the library location for this container to function as intended.

If you want to keep your library in a user share, why not map /config to /mnt/user/Books ? The config really is just a couple of files.

Plus, calibre is really not intended for managing an existing library in place. It imports the books and maintains its own library, where it will store multiple formats of each book (as needed by different devices). To make a comparison, calibre is more like piwigo and lychee, and not digikam.

In terms of accessing the books remotely, that's what the calibre server is for. It allows you to browse your library and download books directly onto your (mobile) device from a basic html interface.

Alright, here we go again with zoneminder

I applied a shared memory fix. I am now able to view multiple streams, something I couldn't do before. Hopefully it will allow HD camera feeds as well. Please test and let me know.

It is also back to the phusion base, so you might have to wipe the local app folder (due to mysql issues)

One major change is that the template now has privileged mode turned on. I'm not sure if your template will update or not when you do a regular update.

Therefore, I highly recommend uninstalling any existing version, deleting the local folder, and reinstall from the community repositories after updating the repositories. While installing, you can also open the advanced view to make sure privileged mode is checked on.

Good luck and let me know if it works fine.

If this works, any future update will be more stable and you'll be able to update the regular way (hopefully), but this version changes too much that might break regular updates.

Great success on the ZM docker!  All feeds run in HD as expected.  Thanks for your hard work!

Alright, here we go again with zoneminder

I applied a shared memory fix. I am now able to view multiple streams, something I couldn't do before. Hopefully it will allow HD camera feeds as well. Please test and let me know.

It is also back to the phusion base, so you might have to wipe the local app folder (due to mysql issues)

One major change is that the template now has privileged mode turned on. I'm not sure if your template will update or not when you do a regular update.

Therefore, I highly recommend uninstalling any existing version, deleting the local folder, and reinstall from the community repositories after updating the repositories. While installing, you can also open the advanced view to make sure privileged mode is checked on.

Good luck and let me know if it works fine.

If this works, any future update will be more stable and you'll be able to update the regular way (hopefully), but this version changes too much that might break regular updates.

Great success on the ZM docker!  All feeds run in HD as expected.  Thanks for your hard work!

That is great to hear. If this didn't work, I was ready to give up because I was simply out of ideas

At the end of the day, it was a shared memory issue. With an hd feed or multiple cameras it was running out of shared memory and causing a crash

Now that Amazon Echo is released to the public (no more invites needed to purchase) I pushed an update to the Echo HA bridge docker

Now you can modify the server port if you have conflicts at port 8080, which provides more flexibility. It is a little tricky due to having to change the WebUI url as well, but detailed instructions are in the second post of this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get PlexRequests setup but after installing the Docker from the community apps (set config folder and host port), I can't even get into the WebUI.  I'm getting the following errors in my log:

Unexpected mongo exit code 14. Restarting.

Can't start Mongo server.

OK,fixed by changing the /config directory from /mnt/user/Docker/appdata/PlexRequests to /mnt/cache/Docker/appdata/PlexRequests.

However I'm not finding any instructions from any of the provided links for how to actually configure it to work with Sonarr/CouchPotato.  Some of the settings in such as rootFolderPath, SeasonFolder in Sonarr aren't very descriptive and I'm not sure what to enter there.

OK,fixed by changing the /config directory from /mnt/user/Docker/appdata/PlexRequests to /mnt/cache/Docker/appdata/PlexRequests.

Is your Docker share cache-only? If not it should be. If it is, then there is no difference between /mnt/user/Docker and /mnt/cache/Docker.

Is your Docker share cache-only? If not it should be. If it is, then there is no difference between /mnt/user/Docker and /mnt/cache/Docker.

It is, and I didn't think so either but it doesn't work if I use the user share.  I have to select /mnt/cache in order for the docker to work.

It is, and I didn't think so either but it doesn't work if I use the user share.  I have to select /mnt/cache in order for the docker to work.

The actual docker.img file must be on a drive and not on a user share, but docker volume mappings can use user shares fine.

Are you absolutely sure none of you other drives have a top level folder named Docker?

What do you get from?

ls -la /mnt/user0

The actual docker.img file must be on a drive and not on a user share, but docker volume mappings can use user shares fine.

Are you absolutely sure none of you other drives have a top level folder named Docker?

What do you get from?

ls -la /mnt/user0

Positive.  Here's the output.

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  114 Jul  8 18:25 ./

drwxr-xr-x 9 root  root  180 Jul  6 19:31 ../

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  27 Jun 23 07:59 Backups/

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 4096 Jun 23 09:28 Music/

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  59 Jun 23 11:56 Reference/

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  47 Jun 29 19:00 SPE/

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  64 Jun 23 13:33 Software/

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  95 Jul  8 18:25 Videos/

What do you get from?

ls -la /mnt/user0

Positive.  Here's the output.

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  114 Jul  8 18:25 ./

drwxr-xr-x 9 root  root  180 Jul  6 19:31 ../

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  27 Jun 23 07:59 Backups/

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 4096 Jun 23 09:28 Music/

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  59 Jun 23 11:56 Reference/

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  47 Jun 29 19:00 SPE/

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  64 Jun 23 13:33 Software/

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  95 Jul  8 18:25 Videos/

Maybe the docker does something with symbolic links. I think there is something about not using symbolic links on user shares.

In any case, I always specify /mnt/cache instead of /mnt/user when I mean a cache-only share just for clarity. Just seemed strange that it wouldn't work the other way.

Hi All,

Has anyone set up the plexrequests docker to restrict access by IP address?  I can't see a way to do it in the config, but I'm wondering where in unRAID I could potentially create a .htaccess file to only allow specific external addresses from accessing the internal site.  Is that possible?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Has anyone set up the plexrequests docker to restrict access by IP address?  I can't see a way to do it in the config, but I'm wondering where in unRAID I could potentially create a .htaccess file to only allow specific external addresses from accessing the internal site.  Is that possible?

Thanks!

Do you know for a fact that the IP addresses won't change?  Most people's ISP's use dynamic external IP addresses so you'd have to update that file everytime someone's IP address changes or they won't be able to access your server.  Your best bet is to create these rules using alias'/hostnames (setup with dynamic dns) so that you don't have to make any changes when one of your users' IP address changes.

Hi All,

Thanks!

Do you know for a fact that the IP addresses won't change?  Most people's ISP's use dynamic external IP addresses so you'd have to update that file everytime someone's IP address changes or they won't be able to access your server.  Your best bet is to create these rules using alias'/hostnames (setup with dynamic dns) so that you don't have to make any changes when one of your users' IP address changes.

In most cases the people who would be accessing the server will be on the same class c network which I can account for with .htaccess.  I just need to know where to create the .htaccess file that would be read by plexrequests.

Hi All,

Thanks!

In most cases the people who would be accessing the server will be on the same class c network which I can account for with .htaccess.  I just need to know where to create the .htaccess file that would be read by plexrequests.

Not sure. You can probably look into how meteor serves htaccess. Or you can ask in the Plex requests forum (once the new forum goes up) or github

With regard to PlexRequests, where are the config files stored?  I was having an issue with the CouchPotato setting (was reading my API as NaN) and deleted the setting by accident.

All the config files are stored in the local app folder. Not sure which specific files hold the settings. I looked through the folders but they didn't jump at me.

Perhaps you can ask on the Plex forums in the plexrequests thread.

I only make sure that it installs and runs correctly in docker. I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of the app to be honest.

Thanks for the ZoneMinder docker, it's working a treat.

If I could just run something by you clever fellas....

I have my IP cam recording 24/7 to a HDD outside of the array.  ZM is saving the files as JPEG and creating what seems to be duplicate folders, one named the cameras name and the other named "1", which I believe is zone 1.

I'm just trying to make sure that I'm using the space on my HDD efficiently and not saving duplicate files when I don't need to.  Any advice on the config?

Plex request feature.....

Any chance you could add email to Plex Request?  What I was thinking was and option for the Plex admin to be able to email everyone BCC to let them know about any issues, down time, etc.  I think it would be great if I could go to one page and email everyone that the server will be down for maintenance.

Just an idea

Plex request feature.....

Any chance you could add email to Plex Request?  What I was thinking was and option for the Plex admin to be able to email everyone BCC to let them know about any issues, down time, etc.  I think it would be great if I could go to one page and email everyone that the server will be down for maintenance.

Just an idea

I'm not the developer of plex requests, I only put together the docker for it.

You should ping the actual devs on the Plex forums in the plex requests thread, or create a feature request on their github page