(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

Thanks for the ZoneMinder docker, it's working a treat.

If I could just run something by you clever fellas....

I have my IP cam recording 24/7 to a HDD outside of the array.  ZM is saving the files as JPEG and creating what seems to be duplicate folders, one named the cameras name and the other named "1", which I believe is zone 1.

I'm just trying to make sure that I'm using the space on my HDD efficiently and not saving duplicate files when I don't need to.  Any advice on the config?

I don't have any cameras set up right now so I can't test, but could one be symlinking to the other location?

I have my IP cam recording 24/7 to a HDD outside of the array.  ZM is saving the files as JPEG and creating what seems to be duplicate folders, one named the cameras name and the other named "1", which I believe is zone 1.

I'm just trying to make sure that I'm using the space on my HDD efficiently and not saving duplicate files when I don't need to.  Any advice on the config?

I don't have any cameras set up right now so I can't test, but could one be symlinking to the other location?

This is the file format on the HDD:

nz10tl.png

When I open the individual files the structure and contents are identical.

This is the file format on the HDD:

nz10tl.png

When I open the individual files the structure and contents are identical.

I checked it and those two folders are indeed one and the same. One is a symbolic link to the other.

Do this test and you'll see. Create an empty text file in folder 1. Then navigate to the other and you'll see the same text file in there.

Your files appear twice but they exist only in one place on your drive.

RDP-Calibre Update:

Due to popular demand, I am adding a couple of new features, both of which are only for advanced docker users. Regular users need not worry about them, when they update, nothing will change for them. Below are the steps to enable these features:

Custom Library Location:

1) First add a new mount point for the library location. Example: /path/to/library (host), /library (container)

2) Open the advanced view and add a new environment variable. Example: Name= LIBRARYINTERNALPATH Value= /library

3) When you fire up calibre the first time select your library location. Example: /library (If updating, change the location in settings)

Url Prefix for reverse proxy

1) Open the advanced view and add a new environment variable. Example: Name= URLPREFIX Value= /calibre

2) To access the webserver, go to http://SERVERIP:YYYY/calibre

Hi Aptalca.

Your Calibre-RDP container is great, just finished moving my whole library onto it.

I did have a bit of trouble in the beginning because I didn't read the documentation properly . I assumed that the /config was for config only, so I configured the mappings as such:

- /config mapped to /mnt/cache/appdata/calibre/config

- /books mapped to /mnt/user/Books/Calibre (a new empty directory)

- /downloads mapped to /mnt/user/Downloads (a place where I can place books to import from)

and when the wizard popped up and asked me where to create the library, I chose /books and then started some imports to build the library. This worked great, until of course I tried to restart Calibre, or try to use the server, because (as you rightly mentioned), it defaults and expects it to be in /config.

Anyway, I fixed it all up and now have /config mapped to /mnt/user/Books/Calibre - which works great.

My question is, is it normal for my cursor keys and delete key to be non-functional in the Web RDP session? When editing book titles and authors I have to use the mouse to position my cursor in text input fields, and I have to use backspace instead of delete to delete text.

Yup, I see that the direction and the delete keys indeed aren't working. I pinged hurricane about it since he develops and maintains the dockergui base.

never saw this, I just released a new version. Can you please test and let me know if the issue still exists.

Hi Aptalca.

Your Calibre-RDP container is great, just finished moving my whole library onto it.

I did have a bit of trouble in the beginning because I didn't read the documentation properly . I assumed that the /config was for config only, so I configured the mappings as such:

- /config mapped to /mnt/cache/appdata/calibre/config

- /books mapped to /mnt/user/Books/Calibre (a new empty directory)

- /downloads mapped to /mnt/user/Downloads (a place where I can place books to import from)

and when the wizard popped up and asked me where to create the library, I chose /books and then started some imports to build the library. This worked great, until of course I tried to restart Calibre, or try to use the server, because (as you rightly mentioned), it defaults and expects it to be in /config.

Anyway, I fixed it all up and now have /config mapped to /mnt/user/Books/Calibre - which works great.

My question is, is it normal for my cursor keys and delete key to be non-functional in the Web RDP session? When editing book titles and authors I have to use the mouse to position my cursor in text input fields, and I have to use backspace instead of delete to delete text.

Yup, I see that the direction and the delete keys indeed aren't working. I pinged hurricane about it since he develops and maintains the dockergui base.

never saw this, I just released a new version. Can you please test and let me know if the issue still exists.

Great. I'll test and will let you know

Is there a way to put in all four DuckDNS domains instead of one? Every way I've tried to add in more than one has failed.

Also what port does DuckDNS use? I couldn't find it online anywhere.

You should be able to put multiple domains separated by commas and no spaces in between (whatever you put in becomes part of the url and you can't have spaces in urls)

Duckdns has no port exposed because there are no incoming connections to it. It just makes an outbound connection to the duckdns server through the https port

Is there a way to put in all four DuckDNS domains instead of one? Every way I've tried to add in more than one has failed.

You should be able to put multiple domains separated by commas and no spaces in between (whatever you put in becomes part of the url and you can't have spaces in urls)

Duckdns has no port exposed because there are no incoming connections to it. It just makes an outbound connection to the duckdns server through the https port

Strange, I'm doing something wrong then as I get the following error whenever I start DuckDNS (all outgoing ports opened):

[Aug 03 09:16:57] Something went wrong. Check your settings. Result was "KO".

Here is my config file (some names were for testing random stuff and token has been scrambled for privacy):

DOMAINS=galaxynetwork.duckdns.org,krone6.duckdns.org,teemo.duckdns.org,galaxyminecraft.duckdns.org
TOKEN=05180ac8-a236-REDACTED-REDACTED-GFEGT345345d8e9b0

Any idea what could be causing that error?

Strange, I'm doing something wrong then as I get the following error whenever I start DuckDNS (all outgoing ports opened):

[Aug 03 09:16:57] Something went wrong. Check your settings. Result was "KO".

Here is my config file (some names were for testing random stuff and token has been scrambled for privacy):

DOMAINS=galaxynetwork.duckdns.org,krone6.duckdns.org,teemo.duckdns.org,galaxyminecraft.duckdns.org
TOKEN=05180ac8-a236-REDACTED-REDACTED-GFEGT345345d8e9b0

Any idea what could be causing that error?

Use only the subdomain, not the full domain, so it should be galaxynetwork,krone6,teemo, etc.

Thanks aptalca, it's working now.

Great to hear :-)

I should probably add a note somewhere so it's clear one is supposed to use the subdomain and not the full domain

I'd suggest just renaming DOMAINS to SUBDOMAINS or putting a Readme.txt in the folder explaining it. People have to go to the folder either way.

Oh, believe me, I want to do away with the config file altogether. I want to put the subdomain and token entry into the template itself so you enter them while installing the container (no manually editing files), but unfortunately unraid doesn't handle changes to xml's very well right now. If you make changes to the xml, users kind of have to remove and reinstall from scratch.

Maybe one of these days if I have the time I'll make a hybrid that falls back to the config file method if the environment variables aren't entered, so a blind update won't break it.

OK, I broke down and updated the DuckDNS container.

Users no longer need to manually edit files. The subdomains and token are now entered as environment variables under advanced view during install (it won't let you create the container without filling those fields).

For existing users who are updating, unfortunately dockerman will not update your xml's and therefore you won't see the prompt for the subdomain and token fields (you can still manually add them as "SUBDOMAINS" and "TOKEN" if you like). But no worries, the container will fall back on the old style as long as the duck.conf file is still there and it will continue to work (for a while).

If you like to switch to the new method of using environment variables, you can delete the container and reinstall from the Community Applications fresh.

PlexRequests has been updated.

The PlexRequests devs create different branches for testing different functionality and having a single edge variable for the dev branch wasn't cutting it for this container. EDGE is now deprecated.

If you would like to use a different branch (only for testing and development purposes), please use the BRANCH variable under advanced view and set it to the specific branch you would like to use. You may have to reinstall from the Community Applications to get the BRANCH variable to show up (or you can manually enter it). If you don't it will default to the "master" branch, you don't need to do anything extra.

Also added is an auto-update functionality for meteor on container start

i know this will sound SUPER LAME, but any chance you can fix the PlexRequests icon in unraid's UI at some point? :)

Fix? What's wrong with it?

nothing, looks like it was a caching issue on my end to the old, blurry one. Despite me clearing my cache and trying my iOS device as well, until I rebooted my unRAID server it remained the old Icon. All is well in my UI world :)

i know this will sound SUPER LAME, but any chance you can fix the PlexRequests icon in unraid's UI at some point? :)

Fix? What's wrong with it?

nothing, looks like it was a caching issue on my end to the old, blurry one. Despite me clearing my cache and trying my iOS device as well, until I rebooted my unRAID server it remained the old Icon. All is well in my UI world :)

Ah, well it's a problem with dockerman that is part of unraid. It caches a lot of things and doesn't realize it when the xml's change. Sometimes a reboot fixes it, sometimes you need to delete the cached picture from the flash drive and restart.

The icon should look the same as the one that shows up in community applications. It uses a logo that hernandito made (he's really good)

So I had ZM running OK but just noticed the web interface had stopped responding.

I checked the log files and saw:

Aug 13 11:11:47 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 349000 - Capturing at 4.98 fps]

Aug 13 11:11:47 f105f7ec4b39 zma_m1[820]: INF [shed: 349000 - Processing at 5.00 fps]

Aug 13 11:15:07 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 350000 - Capturing at 5.00 fps]

Aug 13 11:15:08 f105f7ec4b39 zma_m1[820]: INF [shed: 350000 - Processing at 4.98 fps]

Aug 13 11:17:01 f105f7ec4b39 /USR/SBIN/CRON[2964]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

Aug 13 11:18:28 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 351000 - Capturing at 4.98 fps]

Aug 13 11:18:28 f105f7ec4b39 zma_m1[820]: INF [shed: 351000 - Processing at 5.00 fps]

Aug 13 11:20:06 f105f7ec4b39 zmwatch[692]: INF [Restarting capture daemon for Shed, time since last capture 10 seconds (1439461206-1439461196)]

Aug 13 11:20:28 f105f7ec4b39 zma_m1[820]: INF [shed: 351440 - Gone into alarm state]

Aug 13 11:20:28 f105f7ec4b39 zma_m1[820]: ERR [Can't insert event: Unknown database 'zm']

Aug 13 11:20:31 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: WAR [buffer overrun at index 41, image 351491, slow down capture, speed up analysis or increase ring buffer size]

Aug 13 11:20:35 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: WAR [buffer overrun at index 41, image 351541, slow down capture, speed up analysis or increase ring buffer size]

Aug 13 11:20:35 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: WAR [Last image read from shared memory 39 seconds ago, zma may have gone away]

Aug 13 11:21:15 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 352000 - Capturing at 5.99 fps]

Aug 13 11:22:44 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 353000 - Capturing at 11.24 fps]

Aug 13 11:24:13 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 354000 - Capturing at 11.24 fps]

Aug 13 11:25:43 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 355000 - Capturing at 11.11 fps]

Aug 13 11:27:12 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 356000 - Capturing at 11.24 fps]

so it appears the mysql database failed/went away?

I tried a stop and start and it now reports:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh...

apache.conf already exists

zm.conf already exists

using existing mysql database

using existing data directory

creating symbolink links

setting the correct local time

Current default time zone: 'Europe/London'

Local time is now: Thu Aug 13 20:10:23 BST 2015.

Universal Time is now: Thu Aug 13 19:10:23 UTC 2015.

increasing shared memory

starting services

* Starting MySQL database server mysqld

...fail!

* Starting web server apache2

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.4. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','zmuser',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 91.

Can't connect to db at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.

Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.

Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 37.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 37.

Starting ZoneMinder: failure

*** /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh failed with status 255

So "* Starting MySQL database server mysqld

...fail!", any idea how I can debug this further as to what's happening?

Thanks.

So I had ZM running OK but just noticed the web interface had stopped responding.

I checked the log files and saw:

Aug 13 11:11:47 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 349000 - Capturing at 4.98 fps]

Aug 13 11:11:47 f105f7ec4b39 zma_m1[820]: INF [shed: 349000 - Processing at 5.00 fps]

Aug 13 11:15:07 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 350000 - Capturing at 5.00 fps]

Aug 13 11:15:08 f105f7ec4b39 zma_m1[820]: INF [shed: 350000 - Processing at 4.98 fps]

Aug 13 11:17:01 f105f7ec4b39 /USR/SBIN/CRON[2964]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

Aug 13 11:18:28 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 351000 - Capturing at 4.98 fps]

Aug 13 11:18:28 f105f7ec4b39 zma_m1[820]: INF [shed: 351000 - Processing at 5.00 fps]

Aug 13 11:20:06 f105f7ec4b39 zmwatch[692]: INF [Restarting capture daemon for Shed, time since last capture 10 seconds (1439461206-1439461196)]

Aug 13 11:20:28 f105f7ec4b39 zma_m1[820]: INF [shed: 351440 - Gone into alarm state]

Aug 13 11:20:28 f105f7ec4b39 zma_m1[820]: ERR [Can't insert event: Unknown database 'zm']

Aug 13 11:20:31 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: WAR [buffer overrun at index 41, image 351491, slow down capture, speed up analysis or increase ring buffer size]

Aug 13 11:20:35 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: WAR [buffer overrun at index 41, image 351541, slow down capture, speed up analysis or increase ring buffer size]

Aug 13 11:20:35 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: WAR [Last image read from shared memory 39 seconds ago, zma may have gone away]

Aug 13 11:21:15 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 352000 - Capturing at 5.99 fps]

Aug 13 11:22:44 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 353000 - Capturing at 11.24 fps]

Aug 13 11:24:13 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 354000 - Capturing at 11.24 fps]

Aug 13 11:25:43 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 355000 - Capturing at 11.11 fps]

Aug 13 11:27:12 f105f7ec4b39 zmc_m1[814]: INF [shed: 356000 - Capturing at 11.24 fps]

so it appears the mysql database failed/went away?

I tried a stop and start and it now reports:

zm.conf already exists

using existing mysql database

creating symbolink links

Local time is now: Thu Aug 13 20:10:23 BST 2015.

Universal Time is now: Thu Aug 13 19:10:23 UTC 2015.

increasing shared memory

starting services

* Starting MySQL database server mysqld

...fail!

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.4. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','zmuser',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 91.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.

So "* Starting MySQL database server mysqld

...fail!", any idea how I can debug this further as to what's happening?

Thanks.

It happened to me a couple of times that mysql failed to start for no apparent reason. A following stop/restart fixed it. So you can try that first.

If that doesn't work, we'll try to figure out if the mysql database somehow got corrupted.

You can enter the container's console with the following:

docker exec -it Zoneminder bash

You can try to restart mysql and see if it gives an error:

service mysql restart

and then you can do the following two commands to check mysql logs:

TERM=xterm nano /var/log/mysql.log
TERM=xterm nano /var/log/mysql.err

That should tell you what's wrong

Thanks for your quick reply, I tried a couple of restarts and now it reports constantly:

zm.conf already exists

moving mysql to config folder

creating symbolink links

Local time is now: Fri Aug 14 08:43:46 BST 2015.

Universal Time is now: Fri Aug 14 07:43:46 UTC 2015.

increasing shared memory

starting services

df: '/var/lib/mysql/.': Too many levels of symbolic links

* /etc/init.d/mysql: ERROR: The partition with /var/lib/mysql is too full!

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.6. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

*** Killing all processes...

df: '/var/lib/mysql/.': Too many levels of symbolic links

* /etc/init.d/mysql: ERROR: The partition with /var/lib/mysql is too full!

I tried to logon but:

root@Tower:~# docker exec -it Zoneminder bash

FATA[0000] Error response from daemon: Container Zoneminder is not running

root@Tower:~#

is there a way to start the container without it running it's startup sequence ?