(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

Hey Aptalca, been using plexrequests for a while, have reverse proxied it with Apache, and it works fine over http but trying to add ssl appears to work but no searches appear after you type a title into the search box.

Was wondering if anyone else has come across this at all?

Hmm, that might be a question best suited for the plexrequests thread on plex. Sorry I can't help you there

Issues installing Amazon Echo.  I set the /config to /mnt/cache/.apps/echo/  and click create and nothing happens. The docker.log file is 0 bytes I have several other dockers running w/o issue. As a test, I added the zone minder docker without issue.

Click on the advanced view (top right). There are more fields to fill in there

Thank you, I don't know why I thought the advanced settings were entered after the docker was created.  I feel extra dumb now.

Issues installing Amazon Echo.  I set the /config to /mnt/cache/.apps/echo/  and click create and nothing happens. The docker.log file is 0 bytes I have several other dockers running w/o issue. As a test, I added the zone minder docker without issue.

Click on the advanced view (top right). There are more fields to fill in there

Thank you, I don't know why I thought the advanced settings were entered after the docker was created.  I feel extra dumb now.

I'm glad you got it working

Hey Aptalca, been using plexrequests for a while, have reverse proxied it with Apache, and it works fine over http but trying to add ssl appears to work but no searches appear after you type a title into the search box.

Hmm, that might be a question best suited for the plexrequests thread on plex. Sorry I can't help you there

Yeah, you're right, should have posted there.  Sorry mate.

Should the DuckDNS automatically update the DuckDNS website with the current router IP address?  Mine does not.  Is there something I'm missing?  I have config file setup and the container is pointing to the directory the config is located.  I've had to update the DuckDNS website manually in order update my IP.

Should the DuckDNS automatically update the DuckDNS website with the current router IP address?  Mine does not.  Is there something I'm missing?  I have config file setup and the container is pointing to the directory the config is located.  I've had to update the DuckDNS website manually in order update my IP.

What do the logs say?

Try running the dev branch, a fix for ssl was merged in May that hasn't made it to the Master yet. https://github.com/lokenx/plexrequests-meteor/pull/82

Try running the dev branch, a fix for ssl was merged in May that hasn't made it to the Master yet. https://github.com/lokenx/plexrequests-meteor/pull/82

Thanks mate, I'll try that, hadn't got around to looking into it yet so really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

That worked, although for anyone else reading this, the instructions to put EDGE=1 in the Environmental Variables don't work. 

Instead add an Environmental Variable

BRANCH = dev

EDIT:  My docker template must be very old....  ::) Sorry aptalca...  ;)

That worked, although for anyone else reading this, the instructions to put EDGE=1 in the Environmental Variables don't work. 

Instead add an Environmental Variable

BRANCH = dev

EDIT:  My docker template must be very old....  ::) Sorry aptalca...  ;)

Looks like someone didn't read the change log

I hope the issue of template xmls not being updated gets addressed in dockerman

aptalca,

I'm trying to use the dev version but after installing it and changing the variable I can no longer access the webui. Here is the log:

First install detected, cloning repository
Using the master branch
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Oct 17 01:03:37 3d437d7180a4 syslog-ng[42]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
Oct 17 01:17:01 3d437d7180a4 /USR/SBIN/CRON[61]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Oct 17 02:17:01 3d437d7180a4 /USR/SBIN/CRON[64]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Oct 17 03:17:01 3d437d7180a4 /USR/SBIN/CRON[67]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Oct 17 04:17:01 3d437d7180a4 /USR/SBIN/CRON[70]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Oct 17 05:17:01 3d437d7180a4 /USR/SBIN/CRON[73]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)/code]

Any idea what the issue might be? I tried deleting the docker, re-installing and even rebooting the unRAID server and no luck.

aptalca,

I'm trying to use the dev version but after installing it and changing the variable I can no longer access the webui. Here is the log:

Using the master branch
Oct 17 01:03:37 3d437d7180a4 syslog-ng[42]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
Oct 17 01:17:01 3d437d7180a4 /USR/SBIN/CRON[61]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Oct 17 02:17:01 3d437d7180a4 /USR/SBIN/CRON[64]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Oct 17 03:17:01 3d437d7180a4 /USR/SBIN/CRON[67]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Oct 17 04:17:01 3d437d7180a4 /USR/SBIN/CRON[70]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Oct 17 05:17:01 3d437d7180a4 /USR/SBIN/CRON[73]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)/code]

Any idea what the issue might be? I tried deleting the docker, re-installing and even rebooting the unRAID server and no luck.

I'm assuming this is plexrequests?

What is the path you used for the config folder?

aptalca,

Using the master branch

I've been helping jrdnlc with this issue. (teamviewer)

It's weird, and I'm at a loss to figure it out now.

Steps taken.

Old container & appdata folder deleted. 

New template, branch=dev.  Pulls from docker hub fine, then starts as the logs shows (incidentally I think jrdnlc has posted a log from his more recent attempts at installing branch=master)  There doesn't appear to be the pull from github like I see when I install on my machine.

I've deleted the container & image multiple times as well as deleted the appdata folder using midnight commander.  Restarted the machine and restarted dockerman.

We must be missing something really simple but I can't for the life of me see what.  I've even uploaded my .xml file to my github repo and tried using that even though the information contained within is no different.

EDIT: Also unable to reinstall master branch, and I have reinstalled mine several times without issue throughout all this.

Also, you're right, I didn't read the change logs, my bad....  ???

aptalca,

Using the master branch

I've been helping jrdnlc with this issue. (teamviewer)

It's weird, and I'm at a loss to figure it out now.

Steps taken.

Old container & appdata folder deleted. 

New template, branch=dev.  Pulls from docker hub fine, then starts as the logs shows (incidentally I think jrdnlc has posted a log from his more recent attempts at installing branch=master)  There doesn't appear to be the pull from github like I see when I install on my machine.

I've deleted the container & image multiple times as well as deleted the appdata folder using midnight commander.  Restarted the machine and restarted dockerman.

We must be missing something really simple but I can't for the life of me see what.  I've even uploaded my .xml file to my github repo and tried using that even though the information contained within is no different.

EDIT: Also unable to reinstall master branch, and I have reinstalled mine several times without issue throughout all this.

Also, you're right, I didn't read the change logs, my bad....  ???

Make sure that the app folder path is not /mnt/user/blah but instead /mnt/cache/blah

The only other thing I can think of is issues with updating/installing meteor because that is the next step in that install process

Hi, i have just set up unraid and am trying to reestablish all services i have been running before the switch.

I am trying to run your Calibre server docker with extended options...

(https://github.com/rix1337/docker-calibre) and have forked your github project. Sadly I have no idea how a docker image is created and established on their registry page.

All i am looking for is establishing these options:

--url-prefix=/calibre --username=rix --password=whatever

Could you add these as advanced options or help me doing it myself.

There seems to be not a single tutorial out there how to do a docker image so I am stuck with asking for your help  ::):-[

Hi, i have just set up unraid and am trying to reestablish all services i have been running before the switch.

I am trying to run your Calibre server docker with extended options...

(https://github.com/rix1337/docker-calibre) and have forked your github project. Sadly I have no idea how a docker image is created and established on their registry page.

All i am looking for is establishing these options:

--url-prefix=/calibre --username=rix --password=whatever

Could you add these as advanced options or help me doing it myself.

There seems to be not a single tutorial out there how to do a docker image so I am stuck with asking for your help  ::):-[

I'll look into the username and password options. By the way, the rdp-calibre docker (a separate one) has the url-prefix option and includes the calibre server

hey,

the rdp-calibre works as i want it too. i could set the prefix/username/password within the interface.

there is one last thing.

when connecting my ereader (tolino shine) to the unraid server it naturally doesnt pass through the device/usb connection to docker.

would love to see this fixed

hey,

the rdp-calibre works as i want it too. i could set the prefix/username/password within the interface.

there is one last thing.

when connecting my ereader (tolino shine) to the unraid server it naturally doesnt pass through the device/usb connection to docker.

would love to see this fixed

See the two answers on the following page: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24225647/docker-any-way-to-give-access-to-host-usb-or-serial-device

You can add the parameters ("--device=/dev/blah" or "-v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb" in "Extra Parameters" in "Advanced View" while editing the container in unraid gui

Hi Aptalca

Re:Zoneminder

Does your app include usb support for web cameras?

I've tried mapping a usb camera using all the options I found on the web and no joy e.g. "--device=/dev/bus/usb/001/003"

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

To be honest, I never tested usb devices with any dockers.

This container is running a minimal ubuntu (phusion) and usb support should be in there, but I can't be certain.

Thanks for the quick reponse Aptalca.I have tested my IP Camera it works fine.

Most users of usb's in docker containers have had success with the --device option and the one to one mapping i.e. -t -i --privileged -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb

On the google site in https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/docker-user/UsekCwA1CSI/PH5ZftXyTvcJ this is mentioned

"Assuming that your host system does that, if you want to use those USB devices in Docker, you need two things:

- make this /dev/bus/usb visible to the container,

- allow the container to actually open those devices.

On my machine, those steps are achieved with:

docker run -t -i -privileged -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb ubuntu bash

Then I can "apt-get install usbutils" and "lsusb" in the container, and see my devices"

Is that perhaps what is missing in the Zoneminder container?

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reponse Aptalca.I have tested my IP Camera it works fine.

Most users of usb's in docker containers have had success with the --device option and the one to one mapping i.e. -t -i --privileged -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb

On the google site in https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/docker-user/UsekCwA1CSI/PH5ZftXyTvcJ this is mentioned

"Assuming that your host system does that, if you want to use those USB devices in Docker, you need two things:

- make this /dev/bus/usb visible to the container,

- allow the container to actually open those devices.

On my machine, those steps are achieved with:

docker run -t -i -privileged -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb ubuntu bash

Then I can "apt-get install usbutils" and "lsusb" in the container, and see my devices"

Is that perhaps what is missing in the Zoneminder container?

Thanks

I'm away from my laptop, but can you try to docker exec into the container, install usbutils and lsusb and see if it works? If so, I'll update the container and add them in

EDIT: I was able to "fix" this by removing all traces of zoneminder form my server and reinstalling.

I am having trouble with ZoneMinder. The container installs fine with no errors but when it is started I get this in the logs on the docker page.

Current default time zone: 'America/New_York'

Local time is now: Mon Oct 26 10:59:38 EDT 2015.

Universal Time is now: Mon Oct 26 14:59:38 UTC 2015.

increasing shared memory

starting services

* Starting MySQL database server mysqld

...fail!

* Starting web server apache2

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.30. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','zmuser',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 91.

Can't connect to db at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.

Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.

Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 37.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 37.

Starting ZoneMinder: failure

*** /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh failed with status 255

*** Killing all processes...