(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

EDIT: I was able to "fix" this by removing all traces of zoneminder form my server and reinstalling.

I am having trouble with ZoneMinder. The container installs fine with no errors but when it is started I get this in the logs on the docker page.

Current default time zone: 'America/New_York'

Local time is now: Mon Oct 26 10:59:38 EDT 2015.

Universal Time is now: Mon Oct 26 14:59:38 UTC 2015.

increasing shared memory

starting services

* Starting MySQL database server mysqld

...fail!

* Starting web server apache2

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.30. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','zmuser',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 91.

Can't connect to db at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.

Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.

Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 37.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 37.

Starting ZoneMinder: failure

*** /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh failed with status 255

*** Killing all processes...

There was another user in this thread a while back who had the same problem where their mysql database got corrupt somehow. Like you, they had to delete the local folder and reinstall

Thank you.

Getting the Foscam 8918W control to work seems more challenging now. I get this error. Any thoughts? I tried adding the control as well as a script outlined here http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Foscam_FI8918W but it still does not seem to work

"Control response was status = undefined

message = /usr/bin/zmcontrol.pl --panspeed=2 --autostop --command=moveConRight --id=2=>"

Thanks for the quick reponse Aptalca.I have tested my IP Camera it works fine.

Most users of usb's in docker containers have had success with the --device option and the one to one mapping i.e. -t -i --privileged -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb

On the google site in https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/docker-user/UsekCwA1CSI/PH5ZftXyTvcJ this is mentioned

"Assuming that your host system does that, if you want to use those USB devices in Docker, you need two things:

- make this /dev/bus/usb visible to the container,

- allow the container to actually open those devices.

On my machine, those steps are achieved with:

docker run -t -i -privileged -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb ubuntu bash

Then I can "apt-get install usbutils" and "lsusb" in the container, and see my devices"

Is that perhaps what is missing in the Zoneminder container?

Thanks

flamegrilled, I checked and indeed usbutils is not included in this container. Can you please follow the next steps to see if installing that fixes the issue with the usb camera? If so I'll go ahead and update the container.

First, make sure that the option

-v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb

is added to the extra parameters in the container settings

Then in unraid terminal, while the container is running, type:

docker exec -it Zoneminder bash

then do:

apt-get install usbutils

Then restart the container and see if it picks up the usb camera

Thank you.

Getting the Foscam 8918W control to work seems more challenging now. I get this error. Any thoughts? I tried adding the control as well as a script outlined here http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Foscam_FI8918W but it still does not seem to work

message = /usr/bin/zmcontrol.pl --panspeed=2 --autostop --command=moveConRight --id=2=>"

Hmm. Not sure. That might be a question best suited for the zoneminder forums

Thank you.

On second thought, I see that the wiki says to drop the script into the Control folder under /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder. But I realize I did not expose that folder or make it persistent (didn't realize it existed to be honest)

Did you docker exec in to copy the script in there?

I'll go ahead and expose the folder into the local folder and push an update in a day or two so it is easier to add new scripts

I tried doing it through midnight commander but given my limited ability, don't think I did it right at all. I may not have even been in the right folder. That would be great if you could expose that folder, I will make an attempt to use that control once you push the update. Thanks again.

Hi,

Thanks for the help.I've mapped the usb successfully in the Zoneminder container and can see outside and inside iwth the lsusb command,but the camera is not see on /dev/video0/1/2/3/4/5 etc.I have also tried the various advanced options in the container "--device" and "/dev/bus/usb:/devbus//usb" and nothing works.Maybe I have missed something.

Hi

Could it be that I cannot see the the /dev/v4l/ directory in the Zoneminder container and that the "script" won't find path /dev/video0 it talks about in the ZM logs.

I plugged my webcam into an Ubuntu desktop and I can see the camera displayed as a device in /dev/v4l/by-id$ ls

usb-0c45_USB_camera-video-index0.

Did try to exec into the container and see if the device is available?

Exec instructions are in a recent post in this thread

apt-get install usbutils.I did all that after your first reply.I see the host(unraid) does not have the /dev/v4l directory so I cannot see the usb camera either.

From the ZM app : Bus 004 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 003 Device 020: ID 0c45:602c Microdia Clas Ohlson TWC-30XOP Webcam

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8564:4000 

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

It is mapping the usb devices after the usb update.

Is v4l missing in this install(zm container)?

apt-get install usbutils.I did all that after your first reply.I see the host(unraid) does not have the /dev/v4l directory so I cannot see the usb camera either.

From the ZM app : Bus 004 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub

See if this works: http://askubuntu.com/questions/276572/how-do-i-install-video4linux2-in-ubuntu-12-10-and-do-i-need-to

Looks like the guy behind Plex Requests is working on a much improved version: https://github.com/lokenx/plexrequests-meteor/tree/dev

Do you plan to update your docker when he releases it?  Thanks in advance.

No need for me to update

If you want to try out that version (remember it is not yet stable) go into your container settings, open the advanced view, change the branch variable to dev. When you hit save, it will update and restart

Looks like the guy behind Plex Requests is working on a much improved version: https://github.com/lokenx/plexrequests-meteor/tree/dev

No need for me to update

If you want to try out that version (remember it is not yet stable) go into your container settings, open the advanced view, change the branch variable to dev. When you hit save, it will update and restart

I did this an in the process of the the docker restarting I got this message in the log:

This release is being downloaded in the background. Update your app to

Meteor 1.2.1 by running 'meteor update'.

Where do I run this command from in order to update meteor?

No need for me to update

I did this an in the process of the the docker restarting I got this message in the log:

This release is being downloaded in the background. Update your app to

Meteor 1.2.1 by running 'meteor update'.

Where do I run this command from in order to update meteor?

The container automatically updates meteor (the latest version does). Although I'm not sure what exactly is causing your issue, while going through my logs, I did catch another issue that was preventing a successful git pull. A new version will be out in a few minutes. That might solve your issue as well. If not, post a full log and I'll take a look at it.

There is an update for the PlexRequests container

A previous meteor update was preventing git pull (and future updates to PlexRequests). The issue is now fixed.

Also note that there is a new web interface available at the dev branch. Keep in mind that it is still in development and may not be stable. If you would like to test it, please read the following post first: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1046947/#Comment_1046947

Then you can modify the container settings and change the branch variable from master to dev

There is an update for the PlexRequests container

A previous meteor update was preventing git pull (and future updates to PlexRequests). The issue is now fixed.

Also note that there is a new web interface available at the dev branch. Keep in mind that it is still in development and may not be stable. If you would like to test it, please read the following post first: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1046947/#Comment_1046947

Then you can modify the container settings and change the branch variable from master to dev

Awesome.  Thanks for the quick response aptacla.

See if this works: http://askubuntu.com/questions/276572/how-do-i-install-video4linux2-in-ubuntu-12-10-and-do-i-need-to

I have tried that and many after that and /dev/video0 still nowhere to be seen.It always complains about missing lib* files.which I could never find.

Hey Aptalca,

Just playing around with the zoneminder app and I have a question.

Can I change where the events are stored (ie. videos/imgs)? In the options menu it has a location listed as DIR_EVENTS and gives a warning about changing it from events. Can I just set up a share in Docker /events    /mnt/user/zoneminder and then the events will go to that file?

Thanks,

Rick

I have tried that and many after that and /dev/video0 still nowhere to be seen.It always complains about missing lib* files.which I could never find.

Without logs or details on what you tried, it's hard for me to tell what the issue is.

I'll try to dig up an old usb camera from storage this weekend and see if I can get it to work

Hey Aptalca,

Just playing around with the zoneminder app and I have a question.

Can I change where the events are stored (ie. videos/imgs)? In the options menu it has a location listed as DIR_EVENTS and gives a warning about changing it from events. Can I just set up a share in Docker /events    /mnt/user/zoneminder and then the events will go to that file?

Thanks,

Rick

The disclaimer in the settings say that the directory cannot be outside of the web root. So one would need a symlink to put it elsewhere.

As is, it is actually symlinked to the data/zoneminder/events folder in your config (local data) folder (I had to move it there with a symlink to preserve the data). You can try creating a symlink there and point it to another share.

AmazonEcho-ha-bridge is now deprecated. Please use the new Home-Automation-Bridge, which does the same and more

New release:

Home-Automation-Bridge: Bridge Amazon Echo with your home automation controller or Harmony Hub for voice control of connected devices (Vera and Harmony devices retrieved automatically). This is a docker implementation of bwssystems' home automation bridge - https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge [br]

You can install from the Community Applications

I'm having some problems using the PlexReqeusts docker, I set it up with the correct port mapping and config location, but despite it being listed as running, I cannot connect to the web interface. What could I be doing wrong?

What path are you using for the config folder?

If you post a log, I'll take a look