(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

I had Zoneminder installed for quite some time and it worked.  But today I was trying to open the webui and I got the error message: "You don't have permission to access /zm on this server."

I tried restarting the docker to no avail.  any help would be appreciated.  thanks.

Edit the container, don't change anything and hit save. It will recreate the container and see if that works

Does the container remain running? Or does it stop right away?

It stopped and then carried on again and I assume when the mover stopped.Must get a SSD for cache though to speed up things.

If it's running, then try docker exec into it and you can try and fix the mysql issue.

Telnet or go to console and do

Code: [select]

docker exec -it Zoneminder bash

to enter the container

The type

Code: [select]

mysql

no user/password needed and you can fix what needs to be fixed

I did login.Thanks for that and all seems ok on the db "zm" and all tables look "OK"

I had Zoneminder installed for quite some time and it worked.  But today I was trying to open the webui and I got the error message: "You don't have permission to access /zm on this server."

I tried restarting the docker to no avail.  any help would be appreciated.  thanks.

Edit the container, don't change anything and hit save. It will recreate the container and see if that works

I did just that, but it still does not work. The connection is refused.

when I click the docker the browser opens the address: UnraidIPaddress:2424/zm/

that's the connection that gets refused.  So I tried removing the "/zm/" from the Url and it takes me to the page:

Ubuntu Logo Apache2 Ubuntu Default Page

It works!

This is the default welcome page used to test the correct operation of the Apache2 server after installation on Ubuntu systems. It is based on the equivalent page on Debian, from which the Ubuntu Apache packaging is derived. If you can read this page, it means that the Apache HTTP server installed at this site is working properly. You should replace this file (located at /var/www/html/index.html) before continuing to operate your HTTP server.

If you are a normal user of this web site and don't know what this page is about, this probably means that the site is currently unavailable due to maintenance. If the problem persists, please contact the site's administrator.

I did just that, but it still does not work. The connection is refused.

when I click the docker the browser opens the address: UnraidIPaddress:2424/zm/

that's the connection that gets refused.  So I tried removing the "/zm/" from the Url and it takes me to the page:

Ubuntu Logo Apache2 Ubuntu Default Page

It works!

This is the default welcome page used to test the correct operation of the Apache2 server after installation on Ubuntu systems. It is based on the equivalent page on Debian, from which the Ubuntu Apache packaging is derived. If you can read this page, it means that the Apache HTTP server installed at this site is working properly. You should replace this file (located at /var/www/html/index.html) before continuing to operate your HTTP server.

If you are a normal user of this web site and don't know what this page is about, this probably means that the site is currently unavailable due to maintenance. If the problem persists, please contact the site's administrator.

What do the logs show?

On my UnRaid box, I have a USB camera setup at: /dev/bus/usb/002/005

(lsusb shows Bus 002 Device 005: ID 046d:09c1 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Deluxe for Notebooks)

I want to use this camera with this docker. Do I have to pass the hardware through? In the docker advanced settings, I added "--device=/dev/bus/usb/002/005:/dev/bus/usb/002/005" under Extra Parameters and the docker loads. However, I'm not having any luck identifying the camera.

In the ZM settings, I setup a local cam and point it to: /dev/bus/usb/002/005 but I get permission denied errors in the log.

Thanks for any help.

(lsusb shows Bus 002 Device 005: ID 046d:09c1 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Deluxe for Notebooks)

I want to use this camera with this docker. Do I have to pass the hardware through? In the docker advanced settings, I added "--device=/dev/bus/usb/002/005:/dev/bus/usb/002/005" under Extra Parameters and the docker loads. However, I'm not having any luck identifying the camera.

In the ZM settings, I setup a local cam and point it to: /dev/bus/usb/002/005 but I get permission denied errors in the log.

Thanks for any help.

I believe docker can pass devices through as long as drivers are loaded on the host OS. Unfortunately unraid lacks drivers for webcams.

I talked to jonp about it and he doesn't think it makes sense to include those drivers in the unraid kernel (I also agree).

You might wanna consider using a vm and passing through the usb port/bus if your hardware allows it

How do I check the logs? Oh and another thing. It keeps stopping itself even though I start it and have autostart set to "on"

In the unraid gui dashboard, click on the container's icon and select logs

I even tried removing the container and the data and reinstalling. still didn't work.

Log

apache.conf already exists
zm.conf already exists
using existing mysql database
using existing data directory
using existing perl data directory
creating symbolink links
setting the correct local time
increasing shared memory
starting services
* Starting MySQL database server mysqld
...done.
* Checking for tables which need an upgrade, are corrupt or were 
not closed cleanly.
* Starting web server apache2
Starting ZoneMinder: failure

How do I check the logs? Oh and another thing. It keeps stopping itself even though I start it and have autostart set to "on"

In the unraid gui dashboard, click on the container's icon and select logs

I even tried removing the container and the data and reinstalling. still didn't work.

Log

apache.conf already exists
zm.conf already exists
using existing mysql database
using existing data directory
using existing perl data directory
creating symbolink links
setting the correct local time
increasing shared memory
starting services
* Starting MySQL database server mysqld
...done.
* Checking for tables which need an upgrade, are corrupt or were 
not closed cleanly.
* Starting web server apache2
Starting ZoneMinder: failure

Hmm that log doesn't really show anything. But a start failure suggests something is indeed broken with the current install. The fact that a reinstall didn't fix it suggests an issue with the files in the config folder or an issue with the mysql database. I'm afraid I can't troubleshoot it remotely.

I would suggest a fresh install in a new config folder (keep the existing folder as a backup of your data).

After that, once the new container is installed and is accessible, you can try and transfer some of the setting files or the mysql stuff into that new folder to retrieve some of your old data (if you really want to, but it could get complicated).

Thanks for any help.

I believe docker can pass devices through as long as drivers are loaded on the host OS. Unfortunately unraid lacks drivers for webcams.

I talked to jonp about it and he doesn't think it makes sense to include those drivers in the unraid kernel (I also agree).

You might wanna consider using a vm and passing through the usb port/bus if your hardware allows it

Interesting thought. Maybe I'll try a very light Linux install just to support the USB webcams and then still use the Zoneminder docker to just pull the IP address.

Thanks Aptalca for this awesome PlexRequests docker.

For anyone wanting to reverse-proxy PlexRequests with Apache

First of all edit your xml like so:

XcpTAeN.jpg

Qjp120h.jpg

Then add this to your conf file in Apache (I'm using the linuxserver.io version.)

<Location /requests>
	ProxyPass http://UNRAIDIP:3000/requests
	ProxyPassReverse http://UNRAIDIP:3000/requests
</Location>

I believe, judging by the github repo that this will work with the master branch as well, but I haven't tested it myself.

Hope that helps anyone looking to do the same.  ;)

This fix works great thanks so much.

However there is one issue with it.  It doesn't change the link for the Plex Requests hyperlink in the upper left hand corner of the home page.  So when you click on that, it tries to redirect to http://UNRAIDIP:3000/ which brings up an unknown path.

This fix works great thanks so much.

However there is one issue with it.  It doesn't change the link for the Plex Requests hyperlink in the upper left hand corner of the home page.  So when you click on that, it tries to redirect to http://UNRAIDIP:3000/ which brings up an unknown path.

Just checked on mine and it takes me to https://mydomain.com  ???

Hmmm, I wonder what could be different.  I made the changes as you outlined in my docker settings and my default.conf file in apache concerning plexrequests is identical to yours as well.

Re: Zoneminder

For an example -

* The configuration settings for your Docker containers are typically stored in an appdata folder, and the appdata folder is typically stored on the Cache drive.

* Create the appdata folder on your Cache drive or pool.

* Go to the Shares tab for the appdata folder and change the Use Cache setting to Only.

* Now whenever you configure a Docker container path for the /config folder, set it to /mnt/cache/appdata/APP_NAME (e.g. /mnt/cache/appdata/plex and /mnt/cache/appdata/couchpotato).  On first use, those folders will be automatically created for you, and WILL NOT move from the Cache drive.

How do I get the essential data(history) i.e events etc moved to the array and keep the app(zoneminder) on the cache.With  /config mount  all the data and is moved by the mover?

Jim been thinking about this, only things I could come up with are

• Are you using the dev branch
  • Assuming you are using the dev branch I think it must be an Apache issue - Have you got a defined web root?

• Assuming you are using the dev branch I think it must be an Apache issue - Have you got a defined web root?

Not sure what you mean by a defined web root in apache.  Below is my PlexRequests docker config.

PlexRequests_zpszno60w17.png

Re: Zoneminder

For an example -

* The configuration settings for your Docker containers are typically stored in an appdata folder, and the appdata folder is typically stored on the Cache drive.

* Create the appdata folder on your Cache drive or pool.

* Go to the Shares tab for the appdata folder and change the Use Cache setting to Only.

* Now whenever you configure a Docker container path for the /config folder, set it to /mnt/cache/appdata/APP_NAME (e.g. /mnt/cache/appdata/plex and /mnt/cache/appdata/couchpotato).  On first use, those folders will be automatically created for you, and WILL NOT move from the Cache drive.

How do I get the essential data(history) i.e events etc moved to the array and keep the app(zoneminder) on the cache.With  /config mount  all the data and is moved by the mover?

You can either manually archive the contents of that folder to another share that is transferred to the array, or you can create a new share in unraid (cache drive enabled), map that share to the docker container and within the container symlink the current events folder to a folder in the new share

Not sure what you mean by a defined web root in apache.  Below is my PlexRequests docker config.

Post up your default.conf and I'll take a look... (Edit out your domain name and replace it with server.com)

aptalca, apologies, I'm not sure whether this discussion is best conducted here or in the Apache thread...  ???

Post up your default.conf and I'll take a look... (Edit out your domain name and replace it with server.com)

aptalca, apologies, I'm not sure whether this discussion is best conducted here or in the Apache thread...  ???

It's fine, no worries. It is plexrequests related I guess

aptalca: I was doing some tests on the server and noticed duckdns hasn't been updating my domain for a while. I checked the ID and restarted the docker to make sure and am unable to ping krone6.duckdns.org from my phone off of Vrizon's service. I don't see much I can actually do to troubleshoot and am wondering if there's some tips you can give me to figure this out.

Thanks.

P.S. Here's the log file as of today

Retrieving subdomain and token from the environment variables

Fixing permissions

Dec 31 21:22:22 7576eb174b9b syslog-ng[33]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

Dec 31 21:25:01 7576eb174b9b /USR/SBIN/CRON[41]: (root) CMD (/root/duckdns/duck.sh >/config/duck.log 2>&1)

aptalca: I was doing some tests on the server and noticed duckdns hasn't been updating my domain for a while. I checked the ID and restarted the docker to make sure and am unable to ping krone6.duckdns.org from my phone off of Vrizon's service. I don't see much I can actually do to troubleshoot and am wondering if there's some tips you can give me to figure this out.

Thanks.

Fixing permissions

Dec 31 21:22:22 7576eb174b9b syslog-ng[33]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

Dec 31 21:25:01 7576eb174b9b /USR/SBIN/CRON[41]: (root) CMD (/root/duckdns/duck.sh >/config/duck.log 2>&1)

In your configuration folder there is a file called duck.log what does that file say?

Thanks.

Fixing permissions

In your configuration folder there is a file called duck.log what does that file say?

This is all I get. By the way why does the conf file say duck.new.conf? It used to just say duck.conf

Your IP was updated at Fri Jan 1 01:10:07 EST 2016