(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

Hey everyone.  I just installed Dolphin after a failed experiment with Torindo.

I'm trying to set up Dolphin s.t. I can access it remotely, but I don't see anywhere where I can configure a user/password to prevent open access to the world.

Is there some configuration somewhere to allow this or do I need to basically shut it off from the internet and remote in to use it?

Thanks in advanced.

I think you must misunderstand the purpose of Dolphin since it is nothing like Tonido. A good analogy for Dolphin is Windows File Explorer. This particular docker implementation of it is just giving you a Linux desktop in a browser with the Dolphin file manager already launched.

Yeah, sorry my end goal was always just something to manage my files without managing them from my other systems, not necessarily to have access to the files remotely like with Tonido.  I still like being able to manage files while I'm away, but would rather not have it open to the world.  With that in mind, is there a way to lock it down?

Best option is vpn, second best is to use a reverse proxy like nginx. With reverse proxy, you can set a password through .htpasswd

For vpn, check out the openvpn server dockers

For nginx, you can use either the nginx docker or the letsencrypt one I have, which sets up a free 3rd party SSL certificate with nginx

Many new routers have VPN built-in. I use the built-in VPN on my ASUS router, and I also use Teamviewer to remote control computers on my home network.

when using the calibre rdp docker, how do I connect up my kobo so that I can transfer the books over to my device? If this were a VM I could pass through the USB but thats not the case here. Whats the best way of doing this? Or do I have to use the server and download the file over wifi (would like to avoid wifi connections if possible)...?

I believe docker can pass through usb devices as long as the host (unraid) has loaded the drivers for them. I'm not sure if unraid contains any drivers for the kobo device  (perhaps recognizes as an sd card?).

I use it with a Kindle and my preferred method is to send the ebooks to the kindle associated amazon email addresses through calibre and the books are delivered to the devices. The other method is downloading them from the server.

There's a nice option for this I wrote an article for, allows emailing books directly to your kindle...

Have a look here..

With your RDP-Calibre docker, is there a way that I could temporarily set the Temp directory to something not in the docker?  I am trying to import a large number of books and it very quickly fills up the entire docker with files in the calibre tmp directory.  This would only need to be done once on the initial import and after that it could go back to its normal setting.

I originally had the docker.img at 20Gb, but that filled up with about 1% of the import done  ;D.  I increased the size of the docker to 200Gb, but watching the size grow, it is likely to fill up again before its finished. 

With your RDP-Calibre docker, is there a way that I could temporarily set the Temp directory to something not in the docker?  I am trying to import a large number of books and it very quickly fills up the entire docker with files in the calibre tmp directory.  This would only need to be done once on the initial import and after that it could go back to its normal setting.

I originally had the docker.img at 20Gb, but that filled up with about 1% of the import done  ;D.  I increased the size of the docker to 200Gb, but watching the size grow, it is likely to fill up again before its finished.

Hmm. . . never noticed the temp directory and that behavior. I'll look into it.

It is strange that Calibre doesn't do any clean up of the tmp files until the import is completed.

Here's a temporary workaround (since you only have to do this once, it should be fine).

You can edit the container in unraid gui, and add a new volume mapping. Put in "/tmp" under container volume and put in whatever folder on unraid you would like to use for the temporary temp location (double temp :-) under host path.

This way, that folder you pick, which should be outside of the docker image and somewhere on your array, cache drive or a disk outside of the array, should be used for the temporary files during import. After import, if you like, you can edit the container settings to remove that mapping, and then you can delete that folder, too.

Keep in mind that every time you edit the container settings (if edge is set to 1), the container will download the latest version which may take a few minutes depending on how calibre's server is feeling.

By the way, are you hosting the National Library Archives? 400GB of ebooks? How?  :o  ;D

I am having an issue with the plex requests docker. Everything appears to pull and install correctly, docker reports that the container is started. But when I attempt to browse to the service, it gives me a "Connection refused".  I can't seem to find any logs, so I am not sure how to troubleshoot it at this point.

Here is a screenshot of my configuration:

http://i.imgur.com/WKXiZW3.png

It is strange that Calibre doesn't do any clean up of the tmp files until the import is completed.

Here's a temporary workaround (since you only have to do this once, it should be fine).

You can edit the container in unraid gui, and add a new volume mapping. Put in "/tmp" under container volume and put in whatever folder on unraid you would like to use for the temporary temp location (double temp :-) under host path.

This way, that folder you pick, which should be outside of the docker image and somewhere on your array, cache drive or a disk outside of the array, should be used for the temporary files during import. After import, if you like, you can edit the container settings to remove that mapping, and then you can delete that folder, too.

Keep in mind that every time you edit the container settings (if edge is set to 1), the container will download the latest version which may take a few minutes depending on how calibre's server is feeling.

By the way, are you hosting the National Library Archives? 400GB of ebooks? How?  :o  ;D

Hmm, I tried mounting to /mnt/user/tmp and keep getting this error

Fatal server error:
Can't read lock file /tmp/.X1-lock

Openbox-Message: Failed to open the display from the DISPLAY environment variable.

Fatal server error:

Openbox-Message: Failed to open the display from the DISPLAY environment variable.

Fatal server error:

so, instead of mounting to /mnt/user, I mounted it directly to one of the disks instead.  after that it was able to start up.

I am having an issue with the plex requests docker. Everything appears to pull and install correctly, docker reports that the container is started. But when I attempt to browse to the service, it gives me a "Connection refused".  I can't seem to find any logs, so I am not sure how to troubleshoot it at this point.

Change the configuration folder location to either a cache drive or if you don't have one, a disk location.

/mnt/cache/blah

/mnt/diskX/blah

Fatal server error:

Fatal server error:

Fatal server error:

so, instead of mounting to /mnt/user, I mounted it directly to one of the disks instead.  after that it was able to start up.

Did you first create a user share called tmp in unraid?

Fatal server error:

Fatal server error:

Fatal server error:

Did you first create a user share called tmp in unraid?

Yes, the user share was created.  With specifying it on a single disk it has been running without issue for about 12 hours.  Now at 5% done :)

Change the configuration folder location to either a cache drive or if you don't have one, a disk location.

/mnt/cache/blah

/mnt/diskX/blah

I deleted the container and image, added it fresh and changed /config to point to /mnt/cache/appdata/plexrequests

I am still seeing the same issue

/mnt/cache/blah

/mnt/diskX/blah

I deleted the container and image, added it fresh and changed /config to point to /mnt/cache/appdata/plexrequests

Can you post a log?

Also, how long did you wait? At container start, it updates meteor and a couple of times I noticed the meteor servers being ridiculously slow. It took 20 minutes for the update

/mnt/cache/blah

/mnt/diskX/blah

Can you post a log?

Also, how long did you wait? At container start, it updates meteor and a couple of times I noticed the meteor servers being ridiculously slow. It took 20 minutes for the update

After 45 minutes, the docker started responding. It looks like the meteor servers were just really bogged down. Thanks for the help, and for the awesome docker containers!

/mnt/cache/blah

/mnt/diskX/blah

Can you post a log?

After 45 minutes, the docker started responding. It looks like the meteor servers were just really bogged down. Thanks for the help, and for the awesome docker containers!

Sure, glad it worked

Is there a way with plex request so that I can connect it to my movies library so I can see what movies are available?

It works fine with my Tv Shows, but not with my movies.

I have sonarr for tv Shows, but I have not CouchPotato for movies, does that have anything to say?

Couchpotato does that, not sure about plex requests.

You can ask in their thread on the plex forums

I am working with nginx-letsencrypt and having a terrible time trying to configure reverse proxy. I had reverse proxy working with regular nginx but any time I add a server block into the site-confs folder it seems to break it as I can no longer resolve any pages.

I am attempting to do it via subdomain (sonarr.domain.com, etc).

Currently all the domains I added are correctly resolving to the default block and displaying the index.html file.

Any suggestions on how I should be configuring this to get it to work the same as normal nginx?

I am working with nginx-letsencrypt and having a terrible time trying to configure reverse proxy. I had reverse proxy working with regular nginx but any time I add a server block into the site-confs folder it seems to break it as I can no longer resolve any pages.

I am attempting to do it via subdomain (sonarr.domain.com, etc).

Currently all the domains I added are correctly resolving to the default block and displaying the index.html file.

Any suggestions on how I should be configuring this to get it to work the same as normal nginx?

I posted my config here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43696.msg437353#msg437353

I have both a regular webserver and a proxy setup

Aptalca, I am having a problem with Calibre.  I believe I have installed everything they way I'm supposed to.  Please see my attached screenshot.  When I first logged into Calibre it had me do some set-up steps.  It asked me where to save my library.  I had to create the "calibre" folder in root (/calibre) to match what I had set-up in the Unraid GUI.  So everything is running.  However, Calibre comes with one book already in the database (the Quick Start Guide).  I look in my /mnt/user/AppData/Calibre/config folder and there is no book there.

How do I add books to calibre.  Through the webgui it lets me choose a folder where the books are that I want to add.  Yet, I can't get to any Unraid shares, just local files in the container.  I really think I'm missing something and I don't know what it is.

Nevermind!  I figured it out.  I needed to put the books into the /config folder not create a /calibre folder. 

Thanks

If you or anyone else can help me I would really appreciate it.

thanks

Screenshot_1.png.30a215d6f7e2d49d2051c784c0190120.png

I started dabbling with docker but I still have no clue what I'm doing.

I successfully installed Zoneminder 1.29 silently in a container using that http://pastebin.com/wemBJ5XD

Maybe it can help, in the meantime I'm going to wrap my head around how docker works and ditch the windows toolbox to build, it's asking for pain.

Edit: forgot to mention it was based on the same base image as you but at 0.9.18

Can someone help me add my ebook collection to Calibre? I just installed the docker and have no clue how to add my ebook share. I added the container volume /library and pointed it to my ebook share /mnt/user/Ebooks/ but that doest seem to be working.

Thanks

Go to the first page of this thread and start reading.