(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

I installed Calibre, and I've been slowly adding my eBooks, PDFs, etc., and, in general, it's been going just fine. It's a bit sluggish, but I do other things while waiting for it to respond.

One thing that has me a bit frustrated, though, is that I don't seem to be able to copy/pasta from my Win10 machine into the Calibre browser window. A variety of books I've got are not being found by Calibre's search engine, so I'm Googling for them and finding the ISBN. I have to copy from the search location, paste it into Notepad++ (on another monitor), then hand type it into Calibre's ISBN entry box. The same thing with authors, comments, etc.

What do I need to do in order to get the Win10 clipboard copied into the docker's clipboard so I can paste text? When I right click on a Calibre field, I get a 'Paste' option, but nothing gets pasted.

I installed Calibre, and I've been slowly adding my eBooks, PDFs, etc., and, in general, it's been going just fine. It's a bit sluggish, but I do other things while waiting for it to respond.

One thing that has me a bit frustrated, though, is that I don't seem to be able to copy/pasta from my Win10 machine into the Calibre browser window. A variety of books I've got are not being found by Calibre's search engine, so I'm Googling for them and finding the ISBN. I have to copy from the search location, paste it into Notepad++ (on another monitor), then hand type it into Calibre's ISBN entry box. The same thing with authors, comments, etc.

What do I need to do in order to get the Win10 clipboard copied into the docker's clipboard so I can paste text? When I right click on a Calibre field, I get a 'Paste' option, but nothing gets pasted.

Ctrl+alt+shift opens the side menu that lets you access the clipboard

RDP-Calibre Update:

Due to popular demand, I am adding a couple of new features, both of which are only for advanced docker users. Regular users need not worry about them, when they update, nothing will change for them. Below are the steps to enable these features:

Custom Library Location:

1) First add a new mount point for the library location. Example: /path/to/library (host), /library (container)

2) Open the advanced view and add a new environment variable. Example: Name= LIBRARYINTERNALPATH Value= /library

3) When you fire up calibre the first time select your library location. Example: /library (If updating, change the location in settings)

Url Prefix for reverse proxy

1) Open the advanced view and add a new environment variable. Example: Name= URLPREFIX Value= /calibre

2) To access the webserver, go to http://SERVERIP:YYYY/calibre

I'm running into an issue with the custom library location on unraid 6.2 / latest RDP-Calibre. When trying to select the new library location (as per point 3) the "Next"  is disabled (this only happens with the custom mount, if I select the /config I can proceed as normal.).

If, on the other hand, I try to do this  after the initial setup (by changing the library location) I get the Read-only filesystem errors regardless of the actual folder permissions.

Does anybody have ay insight into this?

Thanks

RDP-Calibre Update:

Due to popular demand, I am adding a couple of new features, both of which are only for advanced docker users. Regular users need not worry about them, when they update, nothing will change for them. Below are the steps to enable these features:

Custom Library Location:

1) First add a new mount point for the library location. Example: /path/to/library (host), /library (container)

2) Open the advanced view and add a new environment variable. Example: Name= LIBRARYINTERNALPATH Value= /library

3) When you fire up calibre the first time select your library location. Example: /library (If updating, change the location in settings)

1) Open the advanced view and add a new environment variable. Example: Name= URLPREFIX Value= /calibre

I'm running into an issue with the custom library location on unraid 6.2 / latest RDP-Calibre. When trying to select the new library location (as per point 3) the "Next"  is disabled (this only happens with the custom mount, if I select the /config I can proceed as normal.).

If, on the other hand, I try to do this  after the initial setup (by changing the library location) I get the Read-only filesystem errors regardless of the actual folder permissions.

Thanks

You need to change it in the calibre gui, not the unraid gui. After you start the container the first time, open its webgui and it will ask you where to store the library

RDP-Calibre Update:

Custom Library Location:

Thanks

You need to change it in the calibre gui, not the unraid gui. After you start the container the first time, open its webgui and it will ask you where to store the library

Thanks aptalca,

actually the issue appeared to be the use of "library" as a term. Once I switched to using a differently named variable and internal path value it worked as expected.

Trying out the Nginx-letsencrypt Docker. I am struggling with the web site configuration file.

Can anyone please post a sample file, that includes both port 80 stuff along with reverse proxy for all the usual applications (Sab, Couch, Sonarr, etc). This would be extremely helpful.

I also have a personal web site that does some RSS scraping for me. This scraping happens automatically executing a php file via cron. Is there a way to add my own line to the crontab that will survive restarts and re-installs? There already is the cron line that looks to renew the letsencrypt certificates.

Many thanks,

H.

Trying out the Nginx-letsencrypt Docker. I am struggling with the web site configuration file.

Can anyone please post a sample file, that includes both port 80 stuff along with reverse proxy for all the usual applications (Sab, Couch, Sonarr, etc). This would be extremely helpful.

I also have a personal web site that does some RSS scraping for me. This scraping happens automatically executing a php file via cron. Is there a way to add my own line to the crontab that will survive restarts and re-installs? There already is the cron line that looks to renew the letsencrypt certificates.

Many thanks,

H.

sample config: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43696.msg437353#msg437353

You can append the crontab by exec'ing into the container. It will survive restarts but not re-installs.

Thanks guys.

What I meant to say, if I have a web site that I want to serve on port 80, when inside my network, so it's not going through SSL (for speed). A site that has all its files in the /config/www folder. A quick test does show that it works out of the box for port 80.

How would I add that to port 443 with password protection? In Apache it is set as a directory and not a location. I have the docker mapping 80 to 81 (closed on router). No password needed when inside network (ip) 192.168.1.200:81/some-sub-folder. But from outside https://mydomain.com/some-sub-folder; i would like it password protected. its easy to do in apache, but cant figure out how to do it in nginx.

thanks for holding my hand.

h.

kinda like this: This setup allows my lan to talk to transmission webui without authentication, but require others (internet) to give a password

server {
    listen 80;
    server_name mediastore;
    server_name 192.168.2.5;

location /transmission {
        satisfy any;
        allow 192.168.2.0/24;
        auth_basic "Transmission Remote Web Client";
        auth_basic_user_file /config/transmission.passwd;
        proxy_pass http://192.168.2.5:9091;
    }
}

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    server_name transmission.mydomain.com;
    ssl_session_cache    shared:SSL:1m;
    ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;
    ssl_ciphers 'ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES128-GCM-SHA256:kEDH+AESGCM:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-DSS-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256-GCM-SHA384:AES128-SHA256:AES256-SHA256:AES128-SHA:AES256-SHA:AES:CAMELLIA:DES-CBC3-SHA:!aNULL:!eNULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!RC4:!MD5:!PSK:!aECDH:!EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA:!EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:!KRB5-DES-CBC3-SHA';
    ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
    ssl_dhparam /config/dhparams.pem;
    ssl_stapling on;
    ssl_stapling_verify on;
    add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains" always;

location = / {
        return 301 /transmission;
    }

location /transmission {
        satisfy any;
        allow 192.168.2.0/24;
        auth_basic "Transmission Remote Web Client";
        auth_basic_user_file /config/transmission.passwd;
        proxy_pass http://192.168.2.5:9091;
        access_log off;
    }
}

Is there a way to add unrar/unzip functionality to dolphin? I tried installing "Extract and Compress by KDE4" extenstion from within the dolphin docker but nothing happened. Apologies if this has been asked/answered before but I couldn't find it.

I'll look into it

Is there a way to add unrar/unzip functionality to dolphin? I tried installing "Extract and Compress by KDE4" extenstion from within the dolphin docker but nothing happened. Apologies if this has been asked/answered before but I couldn't find it.

If you can't wait, the krusader docker supports it already.

Soooo I have been looking for days for this answer. I have Googled away without any luck.

WIth Nginx-letsencrypt, how do I get ruTorent working with reverse proxy? The problem is that in ruTorrent I cannot set a base path like mydomainname.com/rutorrent.

location /rutorrent {
    auth_basic "ruTorrent";
    auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
            include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
            proxy_pass http://192.168.0.101:8090;
}	

Any help please...

Thanks,

H.