(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

Forgive me if this was mentioned, i just read through most of this thread over the past few days. Is PHP working with Letsencrypt-Nginx?

Yes it is

Thanks! No special settings needed in the configuration or anything?

edit: I ask because i can't get a simple php file to work. I created a file info.php and put it my www folder. I'm getting a 502 gateway error. The default index.html that comes with nginx works fine.

my info.php just has:

<?php
phpinfo();

my default file in site-confs has the following location /

location / {
	auth_basic "Restricted";
	auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
	dav_methods PUT DELETE MOVE COPY;
        dav_access group:rw all:r;
	try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
	}

the dav stuff I'm using because I'm storing my Keepass password database in the root and those lines let me save changes to my database file. my htpasswd is working as i mentioned my index.html file works just fine.

I tried adding the following lines to default based on a howto i was reading on setting php up with nginx.

location ~ \.php$ {
        include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
        fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock;
    }

location ~ /\.ht {
        deny all;
    }

Got it working. The 'location' section of my default file now looks like this:

location / {
	auth_basic "Restricted";
	auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
	dav_methods PUT DELETE MOVE COPY;
        dav_access group:rw all:r;
	try_files $uri $uri/ /index.html;
	}

location ~ \.php$ {
        try_files $uri =404;
        fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock;
        fastcgi_index index.php;
        fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        include fastcgi_params;
        }

I was referring to PHP7 when we have PHP5 installed. Whoops :)

Hey y'all.

I've been bumbling my way through all of this and can't figure it out.  :-\  :'(

Could someone point me towards a simple how-to for setting up the reverse proxy?

The info I've found is either obtuse (or I'm just being dense), or I've been getting 404 on some of the links I've found.

Just to explain what I mean by bumbling. I thought the letsencrypt-nginx docker wasn't working correctly, and reinstalled it multiple times until I realized that my modifications to the zone files I had done hadn't propagated to whichever DNS certbot uses... Reinstalled it this morning and everything is kosher.

Now I just need to set it up. Hence my request.

Thanks in advance.

Hey y'all.

I've been bumbling my way through all of this and can't figure it out.  :-\  :'(

Could someone point me towards a simple how-to for setting up the reverse proxy?

The info I've found is either obtuse (or I'm just being dense), or I've been getting 404 on some of the links I've found.

Just to explain what I mean by bumbling. I thought the letsencrypt-nginx docker wasn't working correctly, and reinstalled it multiple times until I realized that my modifications to the zone files I had done hadn't propagated to whichever DNS certbot uses... Reinstalled it this morning and everything is kosher.

Now I just need to set it up. Hence my request.

Thanks in advance.

Check this thread: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43696.msg437353#msg437353

Sorry if this has been answered, I did find a mention this error but it sounded like a problem with the Docker container? When I attempt to update my nginx + let's encrypt docker I get:-

"Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration"

Do I copy off my config somewhere, make a note of the settings and delete / re-download? If. do that will it need to regenerate the certificates again? Currently got t sitting behind an OpenVPN docker which intercepts all 443 traffic. I can get that out of the way I guess for a new setup...

Sorry if this has been answered, I did find a mention this error but it sounded like a problem with the Docker container? When I attempt to update my nginx + let's encrypt docker I get:-

"Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration"

Do I copy off my config somewhere, make a note of the settings and delete / re-download? If. do that will it need to regenerate the certificates again? Currently got t sitting behind an OpenVPN docker which intercepts all 443 traffic. I can get that out of the way I guess for a new setup...

You have to delete your docker image. Read the FAQ stickied here

Your config is safe, its only the containers that live in the docker image.

Thanks Aptalca for this awesome PlexRequests docker.

For anyone wanting to reverse-proxy PlexRequests with Apache

First of all edit your xml like so:

XcpTAeN.jpg

Qjp120h.jpg

Then add this to your conf file in Apache (I'm using the linuxserver.io version.)

<Location /requests>
	ProxyPass http://UNRAIDIP:3000/requests
	ProxyPassReverse http://UNRAIDIP:3000/requests
</Location>

I believe, judging by the github repo that this will work with the master branch as well, but I haven't tested it myself.

Hope that helps anyone looking to do the same.  ;)

I'm toying around with this but all i'm getting is a blank page, if i look at the page source however it matches the normal Plex Request page source. Any ideas?

Thanks again for the RDP-Calibre docker!

Mine is telling me that there's an update to version 1.70 2.70 available. I thought I saw somewhere in here instructions on how to update it in docker, but my searching hasn't turned it up yet.

Something about unpacking the .jar ourselves, or do we need to wait for a fresh build from you?

Thanks again for the RDP-Calibre docker!

Mine is telling me that there's an update to version 1.70 2.70 available. I thought I saw somewhere in here instructions on how to update it in docker, but my searching hasn't turned it up yet.

Something about unpacking the .jar ourselves, or do we need to wait for a fresh build from you?

Enter the EDGE variable in container settings and set it to 1 and after that it will auto update calibre on each container start

Hi,

I have a question about my ZoneMinder 1.29 docker.

When i use ZoneMinder 1.29 in docker, i have a incomplete frame 2-6 time a day.

I'm testing with my ZM 1.29 Docker and ZM 1.29 in a VM on the same UNRaid server. Always use the same stream of my 2 cameras.

I have this incomplete frame only on my ZM docker and not on my ZM VM.

Is it possible to be a resource problem with docker?

Thanks for your help.

1400931120927032.png.fab2ac7a72e0ed24ae8ef0064bea4c9a.png

Hi,

I have a question about my ZoneMinder 1.29 docker.

When i use ZoneMinder 1.29 in docker, i have a incomplete frame 2-6 time a day.

I'm testing with my ZM 1.29 Docker and ZM 1.29 in a VM on the same UNRaid server. Always use the same stream of my 2 cameras.

I have this incomplete frame only on my ZM docker and not on my ZM VM.

Is it possible to be a resource problem with docker?

Thanks for your help.

Could be. I really can't say. The container uses the same settings and resource allocation methods described in the official install guides, but being run in docker could have side effects. I'm afraid there isn't much to go on.

Hi Aptalca,

So i have LetsEncrypt running, but it only works if I have my OpenVPN client plugin stopped.  Attached are my setting for LetsEncrypt, Zoneminder and OpenVPN client.  My goal is to get your Zoneminder container working with HTTPS so i can safely access it from the outside.  How do i go about getting this working while still using OpenVPN?

LetsEncrypt container settings = https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B48XRlnFFMivQTRGRXh3dGVaME0/view?usp=sharing

ZoneMinder container settings = https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B48XRlnFFMivTjNlN1FHX3ZkLW8/view?usp=sharing

OpenVPN Client log = https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B48XRlnFFMivaHFfam5QWWF3UWc/view?usp=sharing

Thanks so much for the help!  I am a boot of a noob when it comes to this.

I don't quite see how you can get LE  working when your machine is connected to a VPN.

LE with nginx is essentially a webserver and I can't quite work out how you can receive traffic when your machine is essentially going to be routing all outbound traffic over a VPN.

Suppose it might be possible with some funky routing tables/rules, but that would be beyond me....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I agree with CHBMB. If you're forcing all traffic through a vpn, I'm honestly not sure how it affects webservers. Your wan ip address essentially becomes the vpn server's ip address and depending on your openvpn set up, it might reject all direct traffic outside of the tunnel.

I think you should experiment with getting a regular (basic) web server up and running first. Once you get that working, you can look into letsencrypt.

if your running a VPN. your WAN ip becomes the VPN host ip. Under LE, this means that your domains (say www.mydomain.com) must resolve to your VPN ip. Also, if connections come in via your ISP ip, unraid will not be able to respond to it as outgoing traffic will route through the VPN, thus the reply will be coming from your VPN ip, not your ISP ip.

I don't know if the VPN will allow inbound traffic on so and so ports, particularly HTTP/HTTPS.

What if i setup a Ubuntu web server to run Zoneminder?  I have 4 ethernet ports, eth3 is not part of my binding setup.  Can i pass that port through to the Ubuntu server, leave the VPN running for the rest of my unraid server, connect eth3 to my LAN to separate that network traffic from the unraid traffic and just use Lets Encrypt certs to encrypt my Zoneminder server?

Hopefully that all made sense :)

Thanks guys!!