(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

Could someone help me out getting zoneminder 100% working via NGINX?  The line i have setup below allows me to access Zoneminder with no issues from a browser, but the issue i am having is getting zmNinja to work.  When i am connected to my LAN, zmNinja works.  When i connect via VPN, zmNinja works, but when i try to connect via reverse proxy, it says it cannot access API's.  Is there anything else i need to add in order to make this work?  Thanks for the help!!

location /zm {
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
		proxy_pass http://UnraidServerIP:8084/zm;

UPDATE:  Ok well i dont know what changed, but i can now all of a sudden get everything to work with zmNinja.  

However I have discovered another issue.  If i try to get to https://mysubdomain.duckdns.org/whatever, while i am connected to my LAN, I can not get to anything.  Is there a way access while im connected to my LAN?

Thank you guys!

Edited by blknitro11
Could someone help me out getting zoneminder 100% working via NGINX?  The line i have setup below allows me to access Zoneminder with no issues from a browser, but the issue i am having is getting zmNinja to work.  When i am connected to my LAN, zmNinja works.  When i connect via VPN, zmNinja works, but when i try to connect via reverse proxy, it says it cannot access API's.  Is there anything else i need to add in order to make this work?  Thanks for the help!!

location /zm {	include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;	proxy_pass http://UnraidServerIP:8084/zm;

UPDATE:  Ok well i dont know what changed, but i can now all of a sudden get everything to work with zmNinja.  

However I have discovered another issue.  If i try to get to https://mysubdomain.duckdns.org/whatever, while i am connected to my LAN, I can not get to anything.  Is there a way access while im connected to my LAN?

Thank you guys!

The issue is likely due to your router not allowing "nat loopback". Most routers have ways to whitelist domains, so Google is your friend.
7 hours ago, aptalca said:

The issue is likely due to your router not allowing "nat loopback". Most routers have ways to whitelist domains, so Google is your friend.

ok, thanks for the tip.  I use a Sophos UTM as my "router", so i need to figure out how to configure a nat loopback on that.  

Thanks again!

UPDATE:  And I got it figured out and working!  Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Edited by blknitro11

Hello

I am trying to add Dolphin back to my server after stopped working for an unknown reason. I get this error when adding it through community applications. 

Error: failed to register layer: stat /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/d596d9cc7f81471bf24b69abde982dae2ad6f5a6fb28723f86f125877d829ab6: no such file or directory.

Can you help me out? Thanks!

1 hour ago, ramius87 said:

Hello

I am trying to add Dolphin back to my server after stopped working for an unknown reason. I get this error when adding it through community applications. 

Error: failed to register layer: stat /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/d596d9cc7f81471bf24b69abde982dae2ad6f5a6fb28723f86f125877d829ab6: no such file or directory.

Can you help me out? Thanks!

What version of unRAID? Do you have any other working dockers?

12 minutes ago, trurl said:

What version of unRAID? Do you have any other working dockers?

I am on 6.3.2. I have some working dockers like Plex and duckdns. My OpenVPN docker webgui has become unaccessible as well and is reporting in its log that permission is denied to its config files. 

4 minutes ago, ramius87 said:

I am on 6.3.2. I have some working dockers like Plex and duckdns. My OpenVPN docker webgui has become unaccessible as well and is reporting in its log that permission is denied to its config files. 

Sounds like you have larger issues.

Tools - Diagnostics. Post complete zip.

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

The syslog in your diagnostics only has a couple of minutes just after reboot. It would be better if we could see some activity that would show the problem.

I will let it go a day or two and post the diagnostics again. I will try to give you the recent changes I have made below just for some background.

I have been working on setting up nextcloud for data backup. I attempted to setup a mariaDB docker to run the SQL server for nextcloud. I had trouble getting the two dockers to talk to each other and I needed to edit some things in the mariaDB config. I went to use Dolphin in order to access the config files since I am not as good with just using CLI. Dolphin would not connect. I thought it may have been corrupted from an unclean shutdown and I tried to reinstall the docker. It had issues and I did some googling. Nowhere could I find the specific issue but I found a lot of references to a permissions issue. I (probably broke OpenVPN) used the New Permissions utility in the unRAID tools to reset the permissions. After that I have left it alone and posted above.

Thanks again for the assistance. 

10 minutes ago, trurl said:

You might try deleting and recreating docker.img, then reinstall your dockers from CA Previous Apps.

Also, though I have tried both Krusader and Dolphin, I don't use either. Midnight Commander (mc) is builtin to unRAID and is very easy to learn and use.

I have started mc over SSH and I will delete the docker.img and rebuild it. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks.

32 minutes ago, ramius87 said:

I have started mc over SSH and I will delete the docker.img and rebuild it. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks.

I have rebuilt the docker.img file and added the openvpn-as docker back alone. It is still unable to access its permissions. 

26 minutes ago, ramius87 said:

I have rebuilt the docker.img file and added the openvpn-as docker back alone. It is still unable to access its permissions. 

Probably need to delete the appdata folder for openvpn.  

Did you by chance ever run the New Permissions Tool recently.  If so, you shouldn't have.  It basically fries the appdata folders.  If you ever have a need to run the tool, run Docker Safe New Permissions via Fix Common Problems plugin

25 minutes ago, Squid said:

Probably need to delete the appdata folder for openvpn.  

Did you by chance ever run the New Permissions Tool recently.  If so, you shouldn't have.  It basically fries the appdata folders.  If you ever have a need to run the tool, run Docker Safe New Permissions via Fix Common Problems plugin

I have deleted appdata and I will setup the dockers again. I have backups of the old config files if I need them but a fresh start is probably best. This has solved my issues with both Dolphin and OpenVPN. Although since I was informed about mc I don't really need Dolphin anymore. Thank you for helping me through this learning experience. I will try not to destroy my file permissions in the future. 

I had a hard time getting ZoneMinder set up for the first time. The live preview image would not work. I was getting a lot of socket errors like these:

socket_sendto( /var/run/zm/zms-427772s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory

Googling kept telling me it was an issue with Apache, but it wasn't. Long story short, the problem was with the PATH_ZMS variable that is set in this docker.

By default, it was "/cgi-bin/nph-zms" for me. However, I noticed that this path is actually not found. I made it relative by setting it to "cgi-bin/nph-zms" and live streaming finally worked for me.

I had a hard time getting ZoneMinder set up for the first time. The live preview image would not work. I was getting a lot of socket errors like these:
socket_sendto( /var/run/zm/zms-427772s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory

Googling kept telling me it was an issue with Apache, but it wasn't. Long story short, the problem was with the PATH_ZMS variable that is set in this docker.

By default, it was "/cgi-bin/nph-zms" for me. However, I noticed that this path is actually not found. I made it relative by setting it to "cgi-bin/nph-zms" and live streaming finally worked for me.

The absolute path is /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms

It was a requirement for zm 1.29

It is detailed in the container description/instructions on docker hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/aptalca/zoneminder-1.29/
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello

Thank you for the zoneminder 1.29 docker.

Is it possible for you to update the docker to the most recent version of zoneminder?

Also is there a way to change the location where the recordings are saved to?

Thanks

Each version of zoneminder requires a new separate image and likely a fresh install because of all the drastic structural changes they implement. It's too much work and I gave up.

You can use symlinks to change recording location
30 minutes ago, iTzturrtlex said:

Whenever I open the webui for my zoneminder docker. I get 404 not found.

I have tried restarting the docker and restarting the server.

A copy of my syslog is attached.

syslog.txt

I don't use this, but in general the syslog will often not help with diagnosing dockers since dockers are isolated from the system. Have you read the Docker FAQ at the top of this subforum?

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, trurl said:

I don't use this, but in general the syslog will often not help with diagnosing dockers since dockers are isolated from the system. Have you read the Docker FAQ at the top of this subforum?

I know but I thought I would post it anyway is there anything else I can post so people can help me?

5 minutes ago, iTzturrtlex said:

is there anything else I can post so people can help me?

This question has an answer.

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

Have you read the Docker FAQ at the top of this subforum?

Sorry, see Docker FAQ in Docker Engine subforum. More specifically,

But, if you look up just one post from yours you will see the zoneminder docker isn't getting much support.

• Upvote 1